Pele rushed to Hospital

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Pele rushed to Hospital

Post by paj »

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42747213
Brazil legend Pele is in hospital after collapsing on Thursday with exhaustion.

The 77-year-old was due to travel to London this weekend for a dinner held in his honour by the Football Writers Association (FWA).

Pele - the only player to win three World Cups - "has undergone a series of tests which appear to point to severe exhaustion", said the FWA.

"He is on fluids while doctors monitor his recovery. Thankfully there is no suggestion of anything more serious."

Pele has been taken to hospital for kidney and prostate problems in recent years.

Widely regarded as the greatest player of all time, he scored 1,281 goals in 1,363 appearances during his 21-year career, including 77 goals in 91 appearances for Brazil.

He helped his country win the 1958, 1962 and 1970 World Cups and was named Fifa's Player of the Century.
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Pele rushed to Hospital

Post by kajifu »

Get Well King Pele
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Wishing King Pele a quick recovery.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...exhaustion? Why they letting him do so much at his age and ailment.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Pele needs to reduce his appearances in events. At a certain age, some things have to be deputized, handed-over or forgone entirely. Anyway, I wish him a quick recovery
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

paj wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42747213
Brazil legend Pele is in hospital after collapsing on Thursday with exhaustion.

The 77-year-old was due to travel to London this weekend for a dinner held in his honour by the Football Writers Association (FWA).

Pele - the only player to win three World Cups - "has undergone a series of tests which appear to point to severe exhaustion", said the FWA.

"He is on fluids while doctors monitor his recovery. Thankfully there is no suggestion of anything more serious."

Pele has been taken to hospital for kidney and prostate problems in recent years.

Widely regarded as the greatest player of all time, he scored 1,281 goals in 1,363 appearances during his 21-year career, including 77 goals in 91 appearances for Brazil.

He helped his country win the 1958, 1962 and 1970 World Cups and was named Fifa's Player of the Century.
... prostate? Hmm, dat one don dey scare me smoll-smoll
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

mcal wrote:...exhaustion? Why they letting him do so much at his age and ailment.
dude exhaustion in medical term isn't limited to what you are thinking in street language
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Abeg allow the man to enjoy himself. He loves being out there with the people and the game, that is propably what keeps him going. Some people prefer doing what they love doing till they drop. Get well King and wishing you good strength for the WC.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Get well soon O Rei. We are praying for your quick recovery.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

oloye wrote:Abeg allow the man to enjoy himself. He loves being out there with the people and the game, that is propably what keeps him going. Some people prefer doing what they love doing till they drop. Get well King and wishing you good strength for the WC.
Kpom.
For some people, its do or die.
If you stop dem, its all over.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "