Nigeria v Libya (CHAN)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Nigeria v Libya (CHAN)

Post by Robbynice »

Mr Shows wrote:Goal Nigeria Faleye
Finally! :clap:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:My feed keeps freezing, but at least I saw few things.
because you are cheap
You nor well. You tink say I go pay for des kin march?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Game over. We win.

Lots of Nigerians in the stands.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Faleye sitting on the bench dejected. I hope he is not really injured.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

truetalk wrote:Game over. We win.

Lots of Nigerians in the stands.
were they released just to watch the game; all in jail white uniform
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Real smash and grab on the part of Nigeria.
Overall play was very poor, IMO. Players like Rabiu Alli and especially Okputu were MIA for the whole game. I mean, if that guy was the league's top striker, then we REALLY have some poor players in our domestic league. Faleye seemed to come into his element somewhat in the 2nd half (he was poor in the 1st) and his efforts were crowned with the goal.

Overall, not particularly impressed
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Main highlights were the back 4, no real outstanding player (apart for Eze who won man of the match) but collectively they played well as a unit.

Our midfield really didn't get a firm hold on the game until the last 20 mins. They lacked cohesion and the final ball in the last third was quite poor. In the strikers department, players need better coaching. Okpotu lacked technique and movement. His anticipation was pretty poor too. Either he just had a bad day at the office or he just isn't good enough. Faleye took his goal very well and showed a few good flashes throughout the game and looks like a bright spark. However, no where close to a SE spot. (maybe the next Olympics)

Players to keep an eye on Eze, Osas and Faleye.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Mr Shows wrote:Main highlights were the back 4, no real outstanding player (apart for Eze who won man of the match) but collectively they played well as a unit.

Our midfield really didn't get a firm hold on the game until the last 20 mins. They lacked cohesion and the final ball in the last third was quite poor. In the strikers department, players need better coaching. Okpotu lacked technique and movement. His anticipation was pretty poor too. Either he just had a bad day at the office or he just isn't good enough. Faleye took his goal very well and showed a few good flashes throughout the game and looks like a bright spark. However, no where close to a SE spot. (maybe the next Olympics)

your narrative is overly generic and expectations unrealistic. perhaps you failed to realize that this was a must win or draw game with crucial 3 points on the line. Libya is no pushover team and for the fact that they were contained and mostly denied shots at our goal is monumental. our strategy was containment first and took our chances when it came and they accomplished that mission. Problem with you internet coaches is that you project your fancy pictures on every game you see often failing to factor in whats at stake and what a coach and his players might be trying to do in specific circumstances..

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:Real smash and grab on the part of Nigeria.
Overall play was very poor, IMO. Players like Rabiu Alli and especially Okputu were MIA for the whole game. I mean, if that guy was the league's top striker, then we REALLY have some poor players in our domestic league. Faleye seemed to come into his element somewhat in the 2nd half (he was poor in the 1st) and his efforts were crowned with the goal.

It was NOT smash and grab...
Despite the overall pedestrian quality of the game, Nigeria was clearly better and deserved the win.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Mr Shows wrote:Main highlights were the back 4, no real outstanding player (apart for Eze who won man of the match) but collectively they played well as a unit.

This...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

To be fair, I am not following this tournament. But everytime I see this name, i feel that we are not serious. If our plan is to build something, then we cant be looking at a guy like this who has been there for such a long time and cannot be part of a future plan.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

jette1 wrote:

your narrative is overly generic and expectations unrealistic. perhaps you failed to realize that this was a must win or draw game with crucial 3 points on the line. Libya is no pushover team and for the fact that they were contained and mostly denied shots at our goal is monumental. our strategy was containment first and took our chances when it came and they accomplished that mission. Problem with you internet coaches is that you project your fancy pictures on every game you see often failing to factor in whats at stake and what a coach and his players might be trying to do in specific circumstances..
I had no preconceived expectations. I simply gave my opinion on what I saw... My issue was not with us not taking our chances but more with how we laboured to create them with the personnel on display.

Nigeria deserved the win and rightly so but it takes nothing away from what was a tepid attacking performance.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Video of the game (for those who care to want to watch).
Enjoy...

First Half:
[/video]
Second Half:
[/video]
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Thanks for posting the game
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Otitokoro wrote:Video of the game (for those who care to want to watch).
Enjoy...

First Half:
[/video]
Second Half:
[/video]
Thanks.

I saw the first half and quit after part of the 2nd half.
The final result didn't make sense. :D
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Shut the F up :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Did the thread starter forget how to update scores :?: Pathetic :!:

Cheers.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Kabalega wrote:Thanks.

:agree:
Spot on! Nigeria should have won by 3 or 4 goals. :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Meanwhile Cameroon are the first country to be knocked. Looks like the political situation is really affecting their football teams.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:

you don't get 9 points by winning with 3; they could try doing that on another day. for now all that was needed is 3 points and that's being practical and realistic.

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Why is Libya allowed to be in this tournament after the slave trade scandal??? There are numerous videos of these animals torturing black Africans in Libya. CAF and the African Union needs to expel that country until their government hunts down and arrest those people involved in the trade and torture of blacks in that country. :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

you don't get 9 points by winning with 3; they could try doing that on another day. for now all that was needed is 3 points and that's being practical and realistic.
That one just completely went over your head... :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:

That one just completely went over your head... :oops:
Keep wishing you make sense