Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 4:32 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Mr Shows wrote:
Goal Nigeria Faleye

Finally! :clap:

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:21 pm 

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
My feed keeps freezing, but at least I saw few things.

because you are cheap

You nor well. You tink say I go pay for des kin march?

Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:22 pm 

Game over. We win.

Lots of Nigerians in the stands.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:23 pm 

Faleye sitting on the bench dejected. I hope he is not really injured.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:26 pm 

truetalk wrote:
Game over. We win.

Lots of Nigerians in the stands.

were they released just to watch the game; all in jail white uniform

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:28 pm 

Real smash and grab on the part of Nigeria.
Overall play was very poor, IMO. Players like Rabiu Alli and especially Okputu were MIA for the whole game. I mean, if that guy was the league's top striker, then we REALLY have some poor players in our domestic league. Faleye seemed to come into his element somewhat in the 2nd half (he was poor in the 1st) and his efforts were crowned with the goal.

Overall, not particularly impressed

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:29 pm 

Main highlights were the back 4, no real outstanding player (apart for Eze who won man of the match) but collectively they played well as a unit.

Our midfield really didn't get a firm hold on the game until the last 20 mins. They lacked cohesion and the final ball in the last third was quite poor. In the strikers department, players need better coaching. Okpotu lacked technique and movement. His anticipation was pretty poor too. Either he just had a bad day at the office or he just isn't good enough. Faleye took his goal very well and showed a few good flashes throughout the game and looks like a bright spark. However, no where close to a SE spot. (maybe the next Olympics)

Players to keep an eye on Eze, Osas and Faleye.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:40 pm 

Mr Shows wrote:
Main highlights were the back 4, no real outstanding player (apart for Eze who won man of the match) but collectively they played well as a unit.

Our midfield really didn't get a firm hold on the game until the last 20 mins. They lacked cohesion and the final ball in the last third was quite poor. In the strikers department, players need better coaching. Okpotu lacked technique and movement. His anticipation was pretty poor too. Either he just had a bad day at the office or he just isn't good enough. Faleye took his goal very well and showed a few good flashes throughout the game and looks like a bright spark. However, no where close to a SE spot. (maybe the next Olympics)

your narrative is overly generic and expectations unrealistic. perhaps you failed to realize that this was a must win or draw game with crucial 3 points on the line. Libya is no pushover team and for the fact that they were contained and mostly denied shots at our goal is monumental. our strategy was containment first and took our chances when it came and they accomplished that mission. Problem with you internet coaches is that you project your fancy pictures on every game you see often failing to factor in whats at stake and what a coach and his players might be trying to do in specific circumstances..

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:59 pm 

Otitokoro wrote:
Overall play was very poor, IMO. Players like Rabiu Alli and especially Okputu were MIA for the whole game. I mean, if that guy was the league's top striker, then we REALLY have some poor players in our domestic league. Faleye seemed to come into his element somewhat in the 2nd half (he was poor in the 1st) and his efforts were crowned with the goal.

It was NOT smash and grab...
Despite the overall pedestrian quality of the game, Nigeria was clearly better and deserved the win.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:00 pm 

Mr Shows wrote:

This...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:07 pm 

Otitokoro wrote:

To be fair, I am not following this tournament. But everytime I see this name, i feel that we are not serious. If our plan is to build something, then we cant be looking at a guy like this who has been there for such a long time and cannot be part of a future plan.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:43 am 

jette1 wrote:
Mr Shows wrote:

your narrative is overly generic and expectations unrealistic. perhaps you failed to realize that this was a must win or draw game with crucial 3 points on the line. Libya is no pushover team and for the fact that they were contained and mostly denied shots at our goal is monumental. our strategy was containment first and took our chances when it came and they accomplished that mission. Problem with you internet coaches is that you project your fancy pictures on every game you see often failing to factor in whats at stake and what a coach and his players might be trying to do in specific circumstances..

I had no preconceived expectations. I simply gave my opinion on what I saw... My issue was not with us not taking our chances but more with how we laboured to create them with the personnel on display.

Nigeria deserved the win and rightly so but it takes nothing away from what was a tepid attacking performance.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:54 am 

Video of the game (for those who care to want to watch).
Enjoy...

First Half:

Second Half:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:47 am 

Thanks for posting the game

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:23 pm 

Otitokoro wrote:
Video of the game (for those who care to want to watch).
Enjoy...

First Half:

Second Half:

Thanks.

I saw the first half and quit after part of the 2nd half.
The final result didn't make sense. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:40 pm 

Otitokoro wrote:

Shut the F up :!:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:44 pm 

Did the thread starter forget how to update scores :?: Pathetic :!:

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:15 pm 

Kabalega wrote:
Thanks.

:agree:
Spot on! Nigeria should have won by 3 or 4 goals. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:22 pm 

Meanwhile Cameroon are the first country to be knocked. Looks like the political situation is really affecting their football teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:30 pm 

Gotti wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Thanks.

you don't get 9 points by winning with 3; they could try doing that on another day. for now all that was needed is 3 points and that's being practical and realistic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:44 am 

Why is Libya allowed to be in this tournament after the slave trade scandal??? There are numerous videos of these animals torturing black Africans in Libya. CAF and the African Union needs to expel that country until their government hunts down and arrest those people involved in the trade and torture of blacks in that country. :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Assanal fans on CE are the biggest hypocrites on the web.

A-J-A-X for life!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:08 am 

jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Thanks.

you don't get 9 points by winning with 3; they could try doing that on another day. for now all that was needed is 3 points and that's being practical and realistic.

That one just completely went over your head... :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:21 am 

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Kabalega wrote:
Thanks.

That one just completely went over your head... :oops:

Keep wishing you make sense

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next