Does poetry in motion make you feel like a second class fan?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Does poetry in motion make you feel like a second class fan?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] I do not know about you guys but when I see poetry in motion and players strutting their stuff as the beautiful game is meant to be played, as a Nigerian football fan it makes me feel very uncomfortable

[2] Coming from Nigeria where we have 180m souls, all of who are passionate about the beautiful game, I feel like a second class fan when I realise that we have no such artisan in our ranks

[3] Yesterday, I was watching Eden Hazard and Mesut Ozil strut their stuff and man, I kept asking myself why we do not have one such player in our ranks today

[4] Be honest, all of you here love watching Ozil, Hazard, Neymar, Ericksen, Modric, Coutinho, Alli, Wilshire, Lemar, etc

[5] I am 100% certain that of you here also would do anything to watch Okocha in full flight during his day. Who does not replay his exploits now and again?

[6] I find it totally unacceptable that we do not have one such artisan lighting up the canvass or poet treating us to his work

[7] It is one reason why I am such a biog fa. of Kelechi Nwakali. For now, he is the only Eagle I see with the talent to deliver at that level

[8] The good news is the boy may be on his way out of Venlo to Porto: Portuguese league leaders Porto look to sign Kelechi Nwakali on loan until the end of the season - See more at: https://goo.gl/c1iN3L

[9] Funny enough, even Arsenal are perplexed as to why Nwakali is not getting playing time. I guess they were expecting Venlo to play him the same way Bournemouth were playing Wilshire

[10] We need one such player for Russia 2018 oooooooooooooooooo! Gernot Rohr, it is up to you to find one. Stubborn and obstinate defences cannot be opened up without such players.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Does poetry in motion make you feel like a second class

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I do not know about you guys but when I see poetry in motion and players strutting their stuff as the beautiful game is meant to be played, as a Nigerian football fan it makes me feel very uncomfortable

[2] Coming from Nigeria where we have 180m souls, all of who are passionate about the beautiful game, I feel like a second class fan when I realise that we have no such artisan in our ranks

[3] Yesterday, I was watching Eden Hazard and Mesut Ozil strut their stuff and man, I kept asking myself why we do not have one such player in our ranks today

[4] Be honest, all of you here love watching Ozil, Hazard, Neymar, Ericksen, Modric, Coutinho, Alli, Wilshire, Lemar, etc

[5] I am 100% certain that of you here also would do anything to watch Okocha in full flight during his day. Who does not replay his exploits now and again?

[6] I find it totally unacceptable that we do not have one such artisan lighting up the canvass or poet treating us to his work

[7] It is one reason why I am such a biog fa. of Kelechi Nwakali. For now, he is the only Eagle I see with the talent to deliver at that level

[8] The good news is the boy may be on his way out of Venlo to Porto: Portuguese league leaders Porto look to sign Kelechi Nwakali on loan until the end of the season - See more at: https://goo.gl/c1iN3L

[9] Funny enough, even Arsenal are perplexed as to why Nwakali is not getting playing time. I guess they were expecting Venlo to play him the same way Bournemouth were playing Wilshire

[10] We need one such player for Russia 2018 oooooooooooooooooo! Gernot Rohr, it is up to you to find one. Stubborn and obstinate defences cannot be opened up without such players.
Ayo, so you are sitting here celebrating a sideways move? Are you serious? :ohmy:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] I do not know about you guys but when I see poetry in motion and players strutting their stuff as the beautiful game is meant to be played, as a Nigerian football fan it makes me feel very uncomfortable

I've always thought manure can only B found on a farm but this e-manure is fast unbecoming. :tic:
It seems you feel like a second class citizen, well we can't help you with that.

What we have we'll appreciate. When we had Okocha, others appreciate them more than we did. You included.
When you appreciate what others have more than your own is called..........
You should have grabbed the bull by the hone and become a better footballer than Hazard and Ozil instead of blaming others for not producing them for you.
Are you the best writer? Why don't you be in the best so Nigerians can be proud of you instead of making us feel like "second class" citizens ? :tic:

Stop polluting the site with your self loathing opinions. I'm not giving my permission for someone to make me feel like a second class citizen. You're on your own :sneaky:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

I enjoy watching Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ndidi, Iwobi etc and I feel like Prince William.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YemiBrazil wrote:I enjoy watching Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ndidi, Iwobi etc and I feel like Prince William.

But be honest, you prefer watching Paul Pogba, Mesul Ozil and Eden Hazard. When you watched the backheels that led to those goals for Chelsea and Arsenal yesterday, did you not jump out of your seat?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:I enjoy watching Victor Moses, Kelechi Iheanacho, Ndidi, Iwobi etc and I feel like Prince William.
But be honest, you prefer watching Paul Pogba, Mesul Ozil and Eden Hazard. When you watched the backheels that led to those goals for Chelsea and Arsenal yesterday, did you not jump out of your seat?
No I got mad knowing they can’t try those rubbish with Ndidi, Ekong, Balogun & Awaziem :mrgreen:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
No I got mad knowing they can’t try those rubbish with Ndidi, Ekong, Balogun & Awaziem :mrgreen:
Did you not feel very proud when Okocha was doing it? Would you not live it if a Nigerian player was doing that today?
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Did you not feel very proud when Okocha was doing it? Would you not live it if a Nigerian player was doing that today?
Learn to appreciate those who are trying. It is written " One was given 3 talents, another 2 and another 1. It seems you only appreciate the ones with 3.

Why should I appreciate the book you've written when there are better writers in England, US, etc?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Are you celebrating the move that led to the goals or the players?

Zambia scored poetry in motion goal versus Cameroon.

Argentina play syncopated football too but we beat them. Nigeria can beat any of the teams the players mentioned by Ayo come from.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I guess we’re playig for the Nobel price for poetry in Russia. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Typical of Ayo to reference an article he wrote
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

pajimoh wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Learn to appreciate those who are trying. It is written " One was given 3 talents, another 2 and another 1. It seems you only appreciate the ones with 3.

Why should I appreciate the book you've written when there are better writers in England, US, etc?
Kpom!, ...Kpom!!, ...Kpom!!! :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:

No better response to a writer with inferiority complex.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Spurs looked very ordinary today without Ericksen. Without an artisan, football is simply not the same.

Some comical people want to make this personal but hey, I will just enjoy their humour. The fact remains that we have top-of-the-range professionals in every other walk of life.

We have a Nobel Laurette, have produced the Commonwealth secretary general, have the world boxing heavyweight champion, etc. We should have a footballing maestro who conducts the orchestra too. Anything short of that is just making excuses.

If we scoured every one of Nigeria's 774 local government areas, we would easily uncover at least six Mesut Ozil's. Our challenge is how do we find these players?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^in time for Russia?