Watford manager Marco Silva sacked after yesterdays loss

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Watford manager Marco Silva sacked after yesterdays loss

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Watford manager Marco Silva has been sacked following a run of poor results. Very surprising I must say: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... lva-sacked
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Watford manager Marco Silva sacked after yesterdays loss

Post by marutimon »

Wonder how that impacts Success who is finally returning from injury.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Good riddance to the greedy manager, less than three months into his new contract, he was prepared to jettison Watford for the riches of Everton.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

marutimon wrote:Wonder how that impacts Success who is finally returning from injury.

He’s been returning nor 3 months
OCCUPY NFF!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]realtrouble[/color] wrote: Good riddance to the greedy manager, less than three months into his new contract, he was prepared to jettison Watford for the riches of Everton.
Don't blame him. He didn't make the approach it was Everton who did. The only thing I will blame him for is not refocusing his attention back on the job after the Everton deal fell through.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
WATFORD FIRE MARCO SILVA AND BLAME EVERTON

Post by anikulapo »

Wow smh they may have a point. Ever since Koeman was fired and he was tapped up Results have gone south but dayummm these football clubs no dey play ohhh :scared:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... arco-silva
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WATFORD FIRE MARCO SILVA AND BLAME EVERTON

Post by oloye »

This why you must not put your trust in any club and seriously just think of yourself. So Silva on a matter of principle and integrity turned down Everton to stick by Watford...abd what does Watford do in less than 6 months and midway through the season because result waa not forthcoming even though they are sitting pretty on the table....they fire Silva.

Wao i can only imagine how Silva feels right now, .....the worls has gone to the dogs. I hate this club called Watford with a oassion, fron what they did to Queque...they continue to be a club run by sinister people.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:This why you must not put your trust in any club and seriously just think of yourself. So Silva on a matter of principle and integrity turned down Everton to stick by Watford...abd what does Watford do in less than 6 months and midway through the season because result waa not forthcoming even though they are sitting pretty on the table....they fire Silva.

Wao i can only imagine how Silva feels right now, .....the worls has gone to the dogs. I hate this club called Watford with a oassion, fron what they did to Queque...they continue to be a club run by sinister people.
6 month ke? in 2 months! :lol:

Tomorrow fans will start screaming about loyalty and insulting coaches and footballers who are looking to better themselves.

On the flip side, Watford is going to pay compensation when they could have gotten 15m.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

danfo driver wrote:
oloye wrote:This why you must not put your trust in any club and seriously just think of yourself. So Silva on a matter of principle and integrity turned down Everton to stick by Watford...abd what does Watford do in less than 6 months and midway through the season because result waa not forthcoming even though they are sitting pretty on the table....they fire Silva.

6 month ke? in 2 months! :lol:

Tomorrow fans will start screaming about loyalty and insulting coaches and footballers who are looking to better themselves.

On the flip side, Watford is going to pay compensation when they could have gotten 15m.
I was saying to myself yesterday that at least they would give him to the end of the season knowing the whole tapping thingy was an unwelcomed distraction,one which Silva was not responsible for but which he handled well by showing integrity and loyalty....only to be told gbenune soun by his sacking. The world has gone truly mad.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Well this is one way of looking at but I also remember what Harry Redknapp did as a Spurs manager - touting for the England job while still at post. It showed he 0eas more interested than the job he didn't have than the one he had. He was not struggling at the club but on principle and based on where the club was heading they decided to fire him.
Clubs have ambitions and manager have ambitions but there's a right and a wrong way of doing things. Maybe Silva went a out it the wrong way?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

pajimoh wrote:

Well this is one way of looking at but I also remember what Harry Redknapp did as a Spurs manager - touting for the England job while still at post. It showed he 0eas more interested than the job he didn't have than the one he had. He was not struggling at the club but on principle and based on where the club was heading they decided to fire him.
Clubs have ambitions and manager have ambitions but there's a right and a wrong way of doing things. Maybe Silva went a out it the wrong way?
But Silva did not go looking fpr Everton unlike Harry, he made it clear he had a contract with Watford , rather it was Everton who persisted trying to go via tje corporate channel.

The only wrong Silva did here was to display integrity and not do an ashawo on Watford.

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

But Silva did not go looking fpr Everton unlike Harry, he made it clear he had a contract with Watford , rather it was Everton who persisted trying to go via tje corporate channel.

The only wrong Silva did here was to display integrity and not do an ashawo on Watford.
Silva doesn't have to go looking for Everton. What happened after Everton came looking for him? While Watford and indeed most clubs would think of their own existence first, having another club interested in you can negatively affect someone, especially if that club is bigger. In any case EPL relationship is only as sweet as the results on the pitch.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Silva did not display any integrity. It was the Watford board who refused Everton's approach not Silva. Silva made it clear that he wanted to take the job and that is why he has been fired. The Watford board felt he was no longer committed to the club and that's why results have suffered. The only regret for Watford is that they did not release him from his contract and take the compensation on offer from Everton.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

toyin133 wrote:
oloye wrote:
pajimoh wrote:

Silva did not display any integrity. It was the Watford board who refused Everton's approach not Silva. Silva made it clear that he wanted to take the job and that is why he has been fired. The Watford board felt he was no longer committed to the club and that's why results have suffered. The only regret for Watford is that they did not release him from his contract and take the compensation on offer from Everton.

Exactly, Everton had him on there wish list, but Watford didn't realise him for an interview, I remember he was even interviewed by sky Sports and he just said his focus was there next game.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

^Exactly. Marco saw Everton as a rung in his "up the ladder of success, escalator style". Indeed, his passion for his purpose at the Horns dissipated after the dismissal of Everton's approach and since then, t'is as if he were orchestrating a way out. His stock has taken a hit and with no big jobs in the EPL up for grabs, it would come as no surprise were he to Villas-Boas.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

Silva made the same mistake Harry Redknapp made in his last season at Tottenham. Redknapp was courted by England and he seemed to lose focus, letting a cast-iron 3rd place finish slip. Silva and Watford have suffered a similar fate it seems.
Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]realtrouble[/color] wrote: Good riddance to the greedy manager, less than three months into his new contract, he was prepared to jettison Watford for the riches of Everton.
Don't blame him. He didn't make the approach it was Everton who did. The only thing I will blame him for is not refocusing his attention back on the job after the Everton deal fell through.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Its a Goal wrote:
I'm not quite sure the approach was out of the blue. Usually, players and coaches lobby for such opportunities through their agents.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

As I said managers wey dey bench my country man go find dem square root....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Let’s see who they appoint and see if this person has any role for Isaac Success in the team. I wonder if he is now back to full fitness
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

He won't be out of a job for long, seems like quite a decent manager
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Leaving Watford at 10th Position in the EPL log is very decent.. The Watford owners are very greedy..They think their squad can compete for Europeans places.. Comparing their investments with others, they should be around 14-16th position. Watford owners missed an opportunity to make big money off Silva, now Silva would get an opportunity make big money off them. I knew that Watford owners were greedy, with the way they dismissed Slavislav Jovanovic and Qiuque Flores. Qiuque flores finished 10-11th in Watford first season back at EPL, the greddy owners checked, during the first half of the season we were around 5-7th position, in the second half of the EPL we played worse and finished 10-11th.. So the coach dropped discipline levels, without the owners thinking that perhaps opponents have figured our playing style.. Then they brought in the high flying walter Mazzri.. Till date no cocah has matched Qiuque Flores achievement, Marco Silva came close, but wasnt allowed to finish... These owners have to figure out what they really want and what can be relastically attainable with their spending power..
afc##
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Another dimension to the sacking.

The Sunday Times has listed four other reasons why Silva and Watford have parted ways.

1. Aside from Everton, the first reason is Watford’s form.
Yet the Hornets are just five points above the bottom three, while their league form is horrific. They have one win in 11 EPL matches including eight defeats.

2. Another reason for Silva’s sacking is his problems with the club’s recruitment policy. As reported in the Sunday Times:
Silva has also come into conflict with Watford’s hierarchy over player recruitment and contracts. The Portuguese wanted to sign his former Sporting centre-forward Islam Slimani from Leicester City only for the Pozzos to categorically block the move.

3. And then there was Silva’s relationship with chief executive Scott Duxbury.
Duxbury is the man responsible for the club’s signings.Silva’s relationship with Duxbury “has deteriorated to the point where the pair rarely converses with each other.”

4.Finally, Silva’s contract was also a problem. While the Portuguese boss agreed to a two-year deal with the Hornets, he had a “low-cost break clause” in his deal which is active this summer.

It feels like Watford pushed Marco Silva before he jumped.
https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/ever ... rco-silva/
At the time of Everton's interest, Silva declined to pledge his long-term future to Watford both before and after the home win against West Ham United on 19 November - but the Hornets still made it clear they were unwilling to release

At the time of the approach, Silva said: "I don't want to talk about Everton. It's not where I work. It's a big club, nothing more."

He later said that the speculation was "not a problem" for him and that "this type of interest in players and coaches happens but it is not fair to question our commitment".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42765881
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=#000000]brown[/color] wrote: Leaving Watford at 10th Position in the EPL log is very decent.. The Watford owners are very greedy..They think their squad can compete for Europeans places.. Comparing their investments with others, they should be around 14-16th position. Watford owners missed an opportunity to make big money off Silva, now Silva would get an opportunity make big money off them. I knew that Watford owners were greedy, with the way they dismissed Slavislav Jovanovic and Qiuque Flores. Qiuque flores finished 10-11th in Watford first season back at EPL, the greddy owners checked, during the first half of the season we were around 5-7th position, in the second half of the EPL we played worse and finished 10-11th.. So the coach dropped discipline levels, without the owners thinking that perhaps opponents have figured our playing style.. Then they brought in the high flying walter Mazzri.. Till date no cocah has matched Qiuque Flores achievement, Marco Silva came close, but wasnt allowed to finish... These owners have to figure out what they really want and what can be relastically attainable with their spending power..
Never thought I'd find a Hornets fan on CE :).
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!