Trouble in King Kanu's Household?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Trouble in King Kanu's Household?

Post by Dammy »

The world literally seems to be crumbling right under the feet of the Golden Boy of Nigerian football Nwankwo Kanu, last week he cried out that his prized hotel was about to be taken over by the banks over outstanding loans and now a damning Instagram post by angry wife, Amarachi, has laid bare serious cracks to his marriage of 13 years.

Amarachi fired full salvo at her husband’s younger brother Ogbonnaya after he boasted he was at a Leeds United game: “You are a coward and a liar. That’s my son’s ticket.

“He was supposed to follow his dad to the Leeds game today but no. You have never allowed Kanu to be in peace with his family.

“You tried all that with me all these years thinking I will die and now you want to come near my children. You can’t. You won’t.

“Oloshi Oloribuku(a curse in Yoruba). Borrow pose. @Ogbobikee1 don’t mess up with my children’s things or their dad.”
Amarachi Kanu’s damning blog fired at her brother-in-law

But even before this public expose, there have been a raft of allegations in the Kanu family as regards the younger brother’s undue intrusion in their lives.

It was among other things alleged that Ogbonnaya, himself a former footballer, was the one who bought groceries for the family and decided a lot of what is to be done for them, not the wife.

His celebrated wedding to the sister of a celebrity blogger was bankrolled 100% by Kanu.

All these are said to have taken a massive toll on the marriage of the Kanus.

Amarachi, from the “little village girl” is now a trained lawyer who reportedly saved her husband from losing their palatial London home through a receivership.

And she is now ready to throw caution to the wind to save her home.

Her husband Kanu was a legend on the pitch, a star of a heart-rendering story that has even been considered for a movie – after he led Nigeria to an historic Olympic Gold in 1996, he survived a life-threatening heart ailment to go on to win trophies with Arsenal and Portsmouth after earlier successes with Ajax Amsterdam and Inter Milan.

He was also twice named African Footballer of the Year by CAF, a UNICAEF Ambassador and NFF Soccer Ambassador.

In 2007, KICK OFF Nigeria Magazine named him the richest Nigeria football star as he had business interests ranging from the hospitality industry to oil and gas.

The net worth of his businesses at a time was more than three billion Naira and growing.

Kanu cries out he could lose hotel

Kanu sells off Papilo FC

But it now all seems that life outside the pitch has not been kindly scripted for the man who was nicknamed ‘King’ at Portsmouth.

It is understood that he lost millions of dollars in several business ventures with the climax being the sealing off of the Hardley Apartment Hotel in Lagos, which at it’s height employed over 150 people.

Last week, he raised alarm through a statement published by SCORENigeria: “My heart bleeds, not just because my prized possession which emerged out of my blood and sweat as a career footballer is at the risk of being taken away from me under the weight of an intractable/belligerent government apparatus unjustifiably, but also because of the imminent defeat of the major objective for its establishment (to cater for the Kanu Heart Foundation).”

We also reported that he has sold the slot of his pet club Papilo FC in the second-tier Nigeria National League (NNL) to Calabar Rovers.

What could be next?
scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/21wifes-damning
I am happy
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Trouble in King Kanu's Household?

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hire a financial adviser from a respectable firm after long back ground checks.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

I hope the story about Amarachi is not true, she is a lovely girl. :mad:
make Ogbonnaya go find job oh :wink:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The wife should be supported
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Why can't people just let Kanu live his life?
This thread is the worst attempt at gossip mongering. Worse than being a peeping Tom.
Talk about taking medications for another man's ailments.
:huh: :?: :ohmy:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

joao wrote:Why can't people just let Kanu live his life?
This thread is the worst attempt at gossip mongering. Worse than being a peeping Tom.
She posted a private matter on social media, it’s gonna get talked about, haba. But the tabloids are probably reading too much into her post.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Kanu has a dumb wife. Why expose their dirty linen to the world?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

kali wrote:Kanu has a dumb wife. Why expose their dirty linen to the world?
Perhaps she had had enough.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

So the uncle took the kids ticket, and she goes on insta to blast him, call him a coward and liar. Not very smart, kanu better control this, family vs wife thing. Didn't kanu just loose his mother?
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

If she reacts like this over a ticket, I wonder what next!

Bad blood plenty.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

miky wrote:So the uncle took the kids ticket, and she goes on insta to blast him, call him a coward and liar. Not very smart, kanu better control this, family vs wife thing. Didn't kanu just loose his mother?
There is obviously much more to the story than the solitary tweet.
It seems to me that King Kanu is a very trusting man, but this isn't the first time his trust has allegedly been betrayed.
Back in the day, he had to sack a close friend of his allegedly for defrauding his Heart Foundation of some serious money. The guy in question is now a successful businessman in his own right, in the media business.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

ohenhen1 wrote:Hire a financial adviser from a respectable firm after long back ground checks.

Financial adviser is a bad deal, and for illiterate sports people .

His wife is educated and can do it, not a big deal. Remember they have their own cost too and not cheap either.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I laugh at people saying stuff over what they do not even know the full details. Sometimes it is better to just read stuff and move on.

Whatever it was that prompted the lady to go on tweeter rage like that nust have been deep and prolonged....i doubt if she is crazy or bad to simply go along that line. One can only pray that peace reign or be restored to the house.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote:Why can't people just let Kanu live his life?
joao,

Kanu is a public figure and celebrity and, thus, a subject for talk or discourse. No one will talk about a non-public figure in the same way because of lack of interest.

A public figure, like Kanu, will always be an appropriate subject of talk/discourse because there is enormous interest in such talk or discourse. His business, his home, his conflicts, etc draw great interest.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Feel for the guy sha.
Businesses are distressed in Naija and with it comes other issues.
I was on this thread was attacked for stating the current situation for a lot businesses especially in the hospitality business... viewtopic.php?f=7&t=285752

Anyway, Amarachi should secure her children's future and not let Kanu's siblings squander the little that is left.

Dammy wrote:The world literally seems to be crumbling right under the feet of the Golden Boy of Nigerian football Nwankwo Kanu, last week he cried out that his prized hotel was about to be taken over by the banks over outstanding loans and now a damning Instagram post by angry wife, Amarachi, has laid bare serious cracks to his marriage of 13 years.

Amarachi fired full salvo at her husband’s younger brother Ogbonnaya after he boasted he was at a Leeds United game: “You are a coward and a liar. That’s my son’s ticket.

“He was supposed to follow his dad to the Leeds game today but no. You have never allowed Kanu to be in peace with his family.

“You tried all that with me all these years thinking I will die and now you want to come near my children. You can’t. You won’t.

“Oloshi Oloribuku(a curse in Yoruba). Borrow pose. @Ogbobikee1 don’t mess up with my children’s things or their dad.”
Amarachi Kanu’s damning blog fired at her brother-in-law

But even before this public expose, there have been a raft of allegations in the Kanu family as regards the younger brother’s undue intrusion in their lives.

It was among other things alleged that Ogbonnaya, himself a former footballer, was the one who bought groceries for the family and decided a lot of what is to be done for them, not the wife.

His celebrated wedding to the sister of a celebrity blogger was bankrolled 100% by Kanu.

All these are said to have taken a massive toll on the marriage of the Kanus.

Amarachi, from the “little village girl” is now a trained lawyer who reportedly saved her husband from losing their palatial London home through a receivership.

And she is now ready to throw caution to the wind to save her home.

Her husband Kanu was a legend on the pitch, a star of a heart-rendering story that has even been considered for a movie – after he led Nigeria to an historic Olympic Gold in 1996, he survived a life-threatening heart ailment to go on to win trophies with Arsenal and Portsmouth after earlier successes with Ajax Amsterdam and Inter Milan.

He was also twice named African Footballer of the Year by CAF, a UNICAEF Ambassador and NFF Soccer Ambassador.

In 2007, KICK OFF Nigeria Magazine named him the richest Nigeria football star as he had business interests ranging from the hospitality industry to oil and gas.

The net worth of his businesses at a time was more than three billion Naira and growing.

Kanu cries out he could lose hotel

Kanu sells off Papilo FC

But it now all seems that life outside the pitch has not been kindly scripted for the man who was nicknamed ‘King’ at Portsmouth.

It is understood that he lost millions of dollars in several business ventures with the climax being the sealing off of the Hardley Apartment Hotel in Lagos, which at it’s height employed over 150 people.

Last week, he raised alarm through a statement published by SCORENigeria: “My heart bleeds, not just because my prized possession which emerged out of my blood and sweat as a career footballer is at the risk of being taken away from me under the weight of an intractable/belligerent government apparatus unjustifiably, but also because of the imminent defeat of the major objective for its establishment (to cater for the Kanu Heart Foundation).”

We also reported that he has sold the slot of his pet club Papilo FC in the second-tier Nigeria National League (NNL) to Calabar Rovers.

What could be next?
scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/01/21wifes-damning
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Cmoke wrote:If she reacts like this over a ticket, I wonder what next!

Bad blood plenty.
Seems its been building up and up to the ticket.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

As a wise rambler once chimed, give him money to eat, the next week he's broke, so while you sleep, he's reaching for your throat.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Damunk wrote:
miky wrote:So the uncle took the kids ticket, and she goes on insta to blast him, call him a coward and liar. Not very smart, kanu better control this, family vs wife thing. Didn't kanu just loose his mother?
There is obviously much more to the story than the solitary tweet.
It seems to me that King Kanu is a very trusting man, but this isn't the first time his trust has allegedly been betrayed.
Back in the day, he had to sack a close friend of his allegedly for defrauding his Heart Foundation of some serious money. The guy in question is now a successful businessman in his own right, in the media business.
Thanks a lot, Chief Damunk! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Is this the same pretty wife he married the day I joined C.E?
Had no clue she could speak Yoruba! 98 % of soccer players become broke within a few years of retirement. First salvo is usually fired by the woman..when the money runs out. Sad.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
osita
Egg
Egg

Post by osita »

Cristao II wrote:
kali wrote:Kanu has a dumb wife. Why expose their dirty linen to the world?
Perhaps she had had enough.
No matter what....... she should not have done that....she is not smart about this episode.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Ogolo Makambo wrote:Is this the same pretty wife he married the day I joined C.E?
Had no clue she could speak Yoruba! 98 % of soccer players become broke within a few years of retirement. First salvo is usually fired by the woman..when the money runs out. Sad.
Bros, for a woman to do this - she has already tried other means of communication. First salvo, ke - Kanu should take charge o. It is not when he is broke that common sense should enter.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Amarachi's problem is that Kanu and Ogbonna are very close
[2] Those of you who have worked closely with Kanu will know that everything goes through his brother
[3] If you look at all the charitable donations Kanu makes, it is Ogbonna that approves them
[4] All those kids who get treated by the Kanu Heart Foundation get recommended by Ogbonna
[5] If Ogbonna does not approve an expenditure, Kanu is unlikely to accede to it
[6] This is Kanu's way of making sure he is not exploited. he entrusts everything to his brother
[7] In all fairness to Ogbonna, he has shielded his brother well
[8] With Ogbonna around him, Kanu is unlikely to suffer the same fate as Ebuoe
[9] However, once Kanu got married, the dynamics had to alter. I think the Kanu brothers were unable to factor this into their operations
[10] What Kanu needs to do is demarcate what areas of his empire are run by his wife and what areas are run by his brother