Joel Obi hangs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Joel Obi hangs

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote:There is nothing I hate more than a passenger. I wish Footballers retired when they no longer had anything to offer.
Echiejile IMO is a passenger, just as Yobo was in 2014.
Nor be your fault.
When you have mouths to feed then you can talk.

Ever heard of the 'sandwich generation'?
E remain small make you enter. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

(1) With Tyrone Ebuehi and Joel Obi manning our fullback positions, I am totall at ease
(2) During the qualifiers, the fullback positions were our Archilles Heel but we appear to have resolved that issue now
(3) Ebuehi playing with Abubakar resolves issues on the right
(4) Joel playing in the left with Idowu as his back up sorts that flank out
(5) I would then take Ola Aina along as an understudy. A member of the seven-man back-up squad
(6) Both Idowu and Aina are rightfooted though, so long term, we still need a leftback
(7) For 2018 though, the left footed Joel Obi is our best option
(8) Joel Obi has played as a leftback at Inter Milan before so should not find this new
(9) With Ndidi and Mikel still waxing strong, Joel is surplus to requirements by in central midfield
(10) To be honest, my only two concerns now are the playmaker and targetman positions
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote:
Tbite wrote:There is nothing I hate more than a passenger. I wish Footballers retired when they no longer had anything to offer.
Nor be your fault.

I mean retired from the NT, they can milk club football as long as there are willing Magas.

but for the NT, I don't want to see ANYONE wearing the green that is not at their best. This is not the dark ages of 2007-2011. We have talent around, perhaps not of World Class caliber, but certainly better than dead woods.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nor be your fault.

I mean retired from the NT, they can milk club football as long as there are willing Magas.

but for the NT, I don't want to see ANYONE wearing the green that is not at their best. This is not the dark ages of 2007-2011. We have talent around, perhaps not of World Class caliber, but certainly better than dead woods.
Clarification noted, agreed. :D
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nor be your fault.

Retirement is probably a bit harsh actually. I guess I just don't want to see him starting.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Nor be your fault.

Retirement is probably a bit harsh actually. I guess I just don't want to see him starting.
Echiejile has zero business around our national team. Even if Rohr were selecting 50 players to go to Russia, he should not be among them. It would make more sense to pick the leftbacks in the Chan team as they could come good with time.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This Echiejile issue is a difficult one. On one hand we have 2 younger LBs, who have a total of 4 caps between them and Echiejile with over 50 caps, CAN winner and has previous WC experience. Rohr will have to earn his money on this.
The way I see it is that Echiejile should go to the WC because of his experience, something which is sorely lacking in the current SE squad. TBH, with the exception of the South African game, Echiejile has acquainted himself well in the WCQ series and was not a weak link as some are suggesting. His club situation, where he seems to be surplus to requirements at Sivasspor is similar to his other loan experiences at Standard Liege and Sporting Gijon, which leads me to conclude that he can no longer player well consistently at club level. However, his performances for the SE, shows that he can raise his game for the national team, and this makes me believe that he still has what it takes for one more WC, especially as he missed the last WC at the last minute due to injury. After the WC, he should be done with the SE.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote:This Echiejile issue is a difficult one. On one hand we have 2 younger LBs, who have a total of 4 caps between them and Echiejile with over 50 caps, CAN winner and has previous WC experience. Rohr will have to earn his money on this.
The way I see it is that Echiejile should go to the WC because of his experience, something which is sorely lacking in the current SE squad. TBH, with the exception of the South African game, Echiejile has acquainted himself well in the WCQ series and was not a weak link as some are suggesting. His club situation, where he seems to be surplus to requirements at Sivasspor is similar to his other loan experiences at Standard Liege and Sporting Gijon, which leads me to conclude that he can no longer player well consistently at club level. However, his performances for the SE, shows that he can raise his game for the national team, and this makes me believe that he still has what it takes for one more WC, especially as he missed the last WC at the last minute due to injury. After the WC, he should be done with the SE.
O'boy, Echejiele has been under fire fr a very long time.
I'm sure you'll find posts/threads from years back in which people's worries about his suitability were made loud and clear.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Dammy wrote:This Echiejile issue is a difficult one. On one hand we have 2 younger LBs, who have a total of 4 caps between them and Echiejile with over 50 caps, CAN winner and has previous WC experience. Rohr will have to earn his money on this.
O'boy, Echejiele has been under fire fr a very long time.
I'm sure you'll find posts/threads from years back in which people's worries about his suitability were made loud and clear.
The criticism was unjustified, CEs expected Mahrez to take him apart against Algeria and it did not happen, yet despite that he was not given any accolades. Next CEs expected the Cameroonian winger, Bassagog, who was player of the tournament in AFCON 2017, to take him apart but Echijile so handled him that he was benched for the return leg in Yaounde. The young and fast Zambians were next on the agenda and once again, Echiejile, was up to the task. That is why I said despite his club situation, he seems to be able to lift up his game for the SE and that is why I believe he should go to the WC.
I am happy
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Joel Obi scored again today against Benevento. He may make the list in March
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Flex Swift wrote:Joel Obi scored again today against Benevento. He may make the list in March
:clap: Bravo!

Some people will NOT be happy. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:Joel Obi scored again today against Benevento. He may make the list in March
:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL