The Men Who Made It Happen

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Men Who Made It Happen

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:I think this is a bunch of crock. It's taking the piss.
A coach that is yet to be evaluated in a major competition
has been given a two year extension. Something is amiss!

Compare this to how HARD our dear departed local coaches
have to fight just to get paid
So you're kinda saying that because we were unfair to our local coaches in the past, we shouldn't do the sensible thing until we put it right?

You're also kinda saying that should we crash out of the WC after the first round, we should get rid of the coach and essentially, begin all over again.

Which will be doing the exact same thing we've been doing for like 22 years.
I think the tally now is about 22 coaches in 22 years - or has it dropped slightly now? :idea:
Uncle Damunk, the crux of Ebyboy argument is simple: what was the criteria used to give the coach a two years extension (WC qualification should not be the criteria), That's a fair point.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The Men Who Made It Happen

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Ebyboy wrote:I think this is a bunch of crock. It's taking the piss.
A coach that is yet to be evaluated in a major competition
has been given a two year extension. Something is amiss!

Compare this to how HARD our dear departed local coaches
have to fight just to get paid
So you're kinda saying that because we were unfair to our local coaches in the past, we shouldn't do the sensible thing until we put it right?

You're also kinda saying that should we crash out of the WC after the first round, we should get rid of the coach and essentially, begin all over again.

Which will be doing the exact same thing we've been doing for like 22 years.
I think the tally now is about 22 coaches in 22 years - or has it dropped slightly now? :idea:
Uncle Damunk, the crux of Ebyboy argument is simple: what was the criteria used to give the coach a two years extension (WC qualification should not be the criteria), That's a fair point.

maybe Dr. DaMunk accidentally gave himself the abere meant for his patients :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

yes, we should get it tight moving forward, but this one that people are doing acrobatics and gymnastics as if we have never qualified for WC under any FA Chairman prior to Picnic na wa. I will leave Oga Gotti to list all of the nonsense that has occured under Picnic (ignoring our Women's teams, failure to qualify for AFCON, etc).

What has Picnic done to distinguish himself from those before him? Hired Oliseh? Hired an FC that qualified us for WC? Attracted foreign-born Naijas? ....Tunji Banjo, Osaze nko? And those Ghanaians that played for us in the ancient times?

He should rightly be praised when he exceeds expectations, or at least meets them completely.

His current report card should read 'partially meets expectations'.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."