Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:What Ideye will bring to the team is encapsulated in the move that led to Iheanacho's goal away against Zambia in the qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup. Power, skill and a willingness to be an outlet and foil for his striking partner.

Dear Lord, please heal Carl Ikeme immediately!!! In Jesus Name, Amen!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

If things go well for Ideye, he and Ighalo might be the two targetmen Rohr takes to Russia. This will mean Kayode, Osimhen and Awoniyi missing out. We have until March to find out how things pan out.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

[quote="1naija"][quote="Obong"]What Ideye will bring to the team is encapsulated in the move that led to Iheanacho's goal away against Zambia in the qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup. Power, skill and a willingness to be an outlet and foil for his striking partner.

[/quote]

Dear Lord, please heal Carl Ikeme immediately!!! In Jesus Name, Amen![/quote]
Amen . C
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Ihramacho is super eagles number 1 or 2 striker. Him and ighalo are our top 2 strikers and they’re going to World Cup. Any injuries then ideye can come in
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:If things go well for Ideye, he and Ighalo might be the two targetmen Rohr takes to Russia. This will mean Kayode, Osimhen and Awoniyi missing out. We have until March to find out how things pan out.
Awoniyi? :???:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Great news...

:clap: :clap: :clap:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Never seen a player I rate so poorly have as much success as this guy. Seen better players fall by the way side with far less chances. Talented guys that hit a dry patch, and the next thing you know, they’re playing in India.

This bros just dey land on his feet all over the place
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

deanotito wrote:Never seen a player I rate so poorly have as much success as this guy. Seen better players fall by the way side with far less chances. Talented guys that hit a dry patch, and the next thing you know, they’re playing in India.

Same here. Didn't like his style of play in his U20 days but he has grown on me and actually one of my fav players because what he lacks in skills he makes up for in pure power football and intelligent hustle. He succeeded in Africa (Afcon) and Europe (many leagues) so he must be doing something right. Pair him with Moses on one side and Iwobi/Iheanacho on the other and they can't be stopped. Am rooting for him.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oscar52 wrote:
deanotito wrote:Never seen a player I rate so poorly have as much success as this guy. Seen better players fall by the way side with far less chances. Talented guys that hit a dry patch, and the next thing you know, they’re playing in India.

Same here. Didn't like his style of play in his U20 days but he has grown on me and actually one of my fav players because what he lacks in skills he makes up for in pure power football and intelligent hustle. He succeeded in Africa (Afcon) and Europe (many leagues) so he must be doing something right. Pair him with Moses on one side and Iwobi/Iheanacho on the other and they can't be stopped. Am rooting for him.
He is one of our better strikers with size

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

[/video]
Size?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

This is what I call the Rohr effect! Can you believe a money chaser like Ideye would take a pay cut just because he wants to go to the WC!
He has failed to fulfill his potentials because he has always put money ahead of career progression. He forced a move out of Olympiacos to go to China. He left the Greek club in a lurch as he was their top striker and leading goalscorer. They had a last 16 Europa Cup game to play but Ideye insisted on going to China, when the honeymoon ended in China, he tried to get back to Olympiacos but they slammed the door on his face. I wish him all the best.
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

1naija wrote:
Obong wrote:What Ideye will bring to the team is encapsulated in the move that led to Iheanacho's goal away against Zambia in the qualifiers for the 2018 World Cup. Power, skill and a willingness to be an outlet and foil for his striking partner.

Even if Ikeme recovers from his chemotherapy, it would be irresponsible of us as a nation to play him at the World Cup. I will never subscribe to that course of action.

We cannot be that desperate for success that we are prepared to throw our humanity away. We should just treat him and respect the brother.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Dammy wrote:This is what I call the Rohr effect! Can you believe a money chaser like Ideye would take a pay cut just because he wants to go to the WC!
He has failed to fulfill his potentials because he has always put money ahead of career progression. He forced a move out of Olympiacos to go to China. He left the Greek club in a lurch as he was their top striker and leading goalscorer. They had a last 16 Europa Cup game to play but Ideye insisted on going to China, when the honeymoon ended in China, he tried to get back to Olympiacos but they slammed the door on his face. I wish him all the best.
Stop making assumptions based on tabloids reports.?Do u know Ideye or his agent? I think not!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Dammy wrote:This is what I call the Rohr effect! Can you believe a money chaser like Ideye would take a pay cut just because he wants to go to the WC!
A gamble, but he's playing the long game...
He'll make even more money in the long-run with a good WC showing.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Perhaps the real problem lies with your ratings system... :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Gotti wrote:

Possible, but it usually doesn’t fail me. Still don’t believe in Ideye, and his production seems to have vindicated my view...But like I’ve said, transfer wise, he sure has landed on his feet...repeatedly.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:

Even if Ikeme recovers from his chemotherapy, it would be irresponsible of us as a nation to play him at the World Cup. I will never subscribe to that course of action.

We cannot be that desperate for success that we are prepared to throw our humanity away. We should just treat him and respect the brother.
I still pray and hope he makes it to Russia as fan to encourage the team.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Can we put him (Ikeme) on the squad-list and then replace him as an 'injured player'

As a way of honoring him?
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Possible, but it usually doesn’t fail me. Still don’t believe in Ideye, and his production seems to have vindicated my view...But like I’ve said, transfer wise, he sure has landed on his feet...repeatedly.
Maybe for SE but we are talking club level here and he’s very decent at that level more than majority of our other strikers.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
1naija wrote:

You are the one that is desperate for attention. There was no mention of Rusia in my post. But if he fully recovers and regains form to the level displayed in the video, what is irresponsible about taking a healthy, in-form player to the world cup? Or do you have a client already lined up for the spot?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

maceo4 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:

[/video]
I prefer Ideye to Ighalo but please, let him start playing matches and scoring goals then we can think of mentioning his name and WC in the same paragraph.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

maceo4 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:If things go well for Ideye, he and Ighalo might be the two targetmen Rohr takes to Russia. This will mean Kayode, Osimhen and Awoniyi missing out. We have until March to find out how things pan out.
Awoniyi? :???:
Abi you see that crap.... :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

His agent is wonderful!

I always say it--Pick the right agent and you can have a good career. Agents who have connections and one call from them is a "yes" from a club. :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?