Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Post by truetalk »

danfo driver wrote:
deanotito wrote:Never seen a player I rate so poorly have as much success as this guy. Seen better players fall by the way side with far less chances. Talented guys that hit a dry patch, and the next thing you know, they’re playing in India.

This bros just dey land on his feet all over the place
His agent is wonderful!

I always say it--Pick the right agent and you can have a good career. Agents who have connections and one call from them is a "yes" from a club. :clap:
Ideye is a good player. Just not focused. That was obvious, even from the U-20s.

He is the type of player who you know can be great if he zones in and uses all the tools in his arsenal. He can head (excellently), use both feet, dribble and he is very fast for a big man. He also has a high football IQ & routinely gets good assists.

However, you almost always feel his mind is on other things, even when on the pitch. That accounts for the crazy misses of clear chances from him. He also tends to favour finesse when being direct will achieve better results.

If Rohr takes him, great, & if not, cool.

You just hope he feels it is his last opportunity to play in a world cup & he will be totally zoned in, but you just never know.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Has this been confirmed ? Thanks
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:Never seen a player I rate so poorly have as much success as this guy. Seen better players fall by the way side with far less chances. Talented guys that hit a dry patch, and the next thing you know, they’re playing in India.

Maybe its time to reassess your rating system :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

His agent is wonderful!

I always say it--Pick the right agent and you can have a good career. Agents who have connections and one call from them is a "yes" from a club. :clap:
Ideye is a good player. Just not focused. That was obvious, even from the U-20s.

He is the type of player who you know can be great if he zones in and uses all the tools in his arsenal. He can head (excellently), use both feet, dribble and he is very fast for a big man. He also has a high football IQ & routinely gets good assists.

However, you almost always feel his mind is on other things, even when on the pitch. That accounts for the crazy misses of clear chances from him. He also tends to favour finesse when being direct will achieve better results.

You just hope he feels it is his last opportunity to play in a world cup & he will be totally zoned in, but you just never know.
Nah, he is not. he is an average player, and a terrible striker. You take this guy to a tournament and you are not ready to score with him as your main forward.

Thankfully, Rohr sees Iheanaco as a striker and our number 1 striker. Iheanacho may not have the close control or hustle I like, but he is one of the best finishers I have ever seen. Second choice can be Ighalo, while Ideye can spend the summer learning Spanish.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:

Maybe its time to reassess your rating system :taunt:
how rich, coming from the thing who rates Albrighton and Gray higher than any SE player. Please sit down, and dont raise your hand again, until you are called on. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

His agent is wonderful!

:agree:

We still need to see what he does in Spain though
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

People tend to forget that this is a fellow who couldn't hack it at West Brom and also Chinese club Tianjin Teda - deemed surplus to requirements in both cases. I also believe that Olympiacos has declined on the option to re-sign him.

Why or how Nigerians would clamor for someone who is on the downward slope of his career is beyond me, especially when there are better and more productive strikers currently in the SE stable. The likes of Iheanacho, Iwobi and Ighalo offer much better options for the SE than he does.

Truth of the matter is that Ideye has nothing to offer the SE right now. Rohr recognized this after the 1st Zambia game and promptly dropped him. Time to move along, folks!
Last edited by Otitokoro on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

His agent is wonderful!

Nah, he is not. he is an average player, and a terrible striker. You take this guy to a tournament and you are not ready to score with him as your main forward.

Thankfully, Rohr sees Iheanaco as a striker and our number 1 striker. Iheanacho may not have the close control or hustle I like, but he is one of the best finishers I have ever seen. Second choice can be Ighalo, while Ideye can spend the summer learning Spanish.
My feelings as well. I wouldn't say "terrible" striker, but I'm fairly certain he has nothing to offer the SE. There isn't a single member of the current SE strike force I would drop for him. I remember when he got that Big Money move to England, and I was left wondering if the club that bought actually watches game film.

On Truetalk's point....I can't say what is on his mind. I can only rate his play, and what I consider his qualities....The guy be like Benteke...He flatters to deceive.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

His agent is wonderful!

My feelings as well. I wouldn't say "terrible" striker, but I'm fairly certain he has nothing to offer the SE. There isn't a single member of the current SE strike force I would drop for him. I remember when he got that Big Money move to England, and I was left wondering if the club that bought actually watches game film.

On Truetalk's point....I can't say what is on his mind. I can only rate his play, and what I consider his qualities....The guy be like Benteke...He flatters to deceive.
He’s better than the Kayodes and Nwakaemes. Also last time he played for SE he had something to offer, was instrumental in our Zambia away win with an assist and good hold up play.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

Ideye is a very good player
After Mikel he has the highest football iq out of all our players
He is magnificent at teeing up goal opportunities for teammates
And his goalscoring record is also very good
Right now I still believe he is the best target man available to Nigeria
Glad to see him bounce back and I hope to see him in Russia
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The decisions this bobo has made in his life speak volumes about his Character . Once he has retires he will realise that it is not always about the money.

Nigeria already has one liability in a non-scoring striker with misses Ighalo , we cannot afford two. I would rather Obafemi Martins.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Sure.
And that's why the Kayodes and Nwakaemes were consistently being invited to camp and he wasn't all through last year?
Puhlease! Stick a fork in the guy cos he is done! Guy has nothing to offer.
maceo4 wrote: He’s better than the Kayodes and Nwakaemes. Also last time he played for SE he had something to offer, was instrumental in our Zambia away win with an assist and good hold up play.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Sure.
And that's why the Kayodes and Nwakaemes were consistently being invited to camp and he wasn't all through last year?
Puhlease! Stick a fork in the guy cos he is done! Guy has nothing to offer.
maceo4 wrote: He’s better than the Kayodes and Nwakaemes. Also last time he played for SE he had something to offer, was instrumental in our Zambia away win with an assist and good hold up play.
He wasn’t playing because of his Dispute with the Teda coach so it’s understandable that others would get a chance in the SE, but they haven’t shown to be as good, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets PT at Malaga and that leads to a WC spot.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:The decisions this bobo has made in his life speak volumes about his Character . Once he has retires he will realise that it is not always about the money.

Nigeria already has one liability in a non-scoring striker with misses Ighalo , we cannot afford two. I would rather Obafemi Martins.
Abegi some of you folks seriously need to give it a rest...

Nobody has the power of omnipotence to tell how Ideye's career may have progressed regardless of ANY decision or career moves he made. Accordingly, if he indeed made a lot of money, GOOD for him and his! The likes of Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting Lisbon, PSV, Celtic), Lukman Haruna (Monaco), Kingsley Udoh (Athletic Madrid), Chrisantus Macauley (Hamburger SV), Chidera Ezeh (Porto), etc., chose higher visible clubs and where exactly has it left them? Meanwhile, Ideye who started with a small club in a small league, and has gone on to play in the French Ligue 1, the EPL, the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League Cup, and looks set to play in the La Liga, while garnering an AFCON winners' medal (in addition to a Greek league winners medal) as well as the National Honor of MON. I daresay the foregoing speaks pretty SOLID "volumes about his character"!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:The decisions this bobo has made in his life speak volumes about his Character . Once he has retires he will realise that it is not always about the money.

Nobody has the power of omnipotence to tell how Ideye's career may have progressed regardless of ANY decision or career moves he made. Accordingly, if he indeed made a lot of money, GOOD for him and his! The likes of Rabiu Ibrahim (Sporting Lisbon, PSV, Celtic), Lukman Haruna (Monaco), Kingsley Udoh (Athletic Madrid), Chrisantus Macauley (Hamburger SV), Chidera Ezeh (Porto), etc., chose higher visible clubs and where exactly has it left them? Meanwhile, Ideye who started with a small club in a small league, and has gone on to play in the French Ligue 1, the EPL, the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League Cup, and looks set to play in the La Liga, while garnering an AFCON winners' medal (in addition to a Greek league winners medal) as well as the National Honor of MON. I daresay the foregoing speaks pretty SOLID "volumes about his character"!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

metalalloy wrote:
Gotti wrote:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
:agree:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

maceo4 wrote:
deanotito wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
truetalk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

His agent is wonderful!

He’s better than the Kayodes and Nwakaemes. Also last time he played for SE he had something to offer, was instrumental in our Zambia away win with an assist and good hold up play.
I would take Nwakaeme over Ideye. Kayode, I don't know very well and because of that, I would keep him ahead of Ideye ...if only for undiscovered potential. I know what Ideye brings...Kayode still retains potential to supersede that, at least in my eyes
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:

Lets just agree to disagree concerning this bobo ........ You see whatever and I see wasted talent
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I suspect Rohr will play Ighalo as his targetman and Ideye as his back-up. If you look at how little faith he has in the likes of Osimhen, Kayode, Nwakaeme and Awoniyi, I doubt he will be playing either of them or even take them to Russia.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

The accomplishments you listed are all well and good, but you have to acknowledged, they are based on his past glory.
Question is: what has he done lately? Again, remember he is not a spring chicken and has lost a step or two.
Compared to the youngsters he will be competing with, I don't see him being a factor at all.
Gotti wrote: Meanwhile, Ideye who started with a small club in a small league, and has gone on to play in the French Ligue 1, the EPL, the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League Cup, and looks set to play in the La Liga, while garnering an AFCON winners' medal (in addition to a Greek league winners medal) as well as the National Honor of MON. I daresay the foregoing speaks pretty SOLID "volumes about his character"!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Otitokoro wrote:The accomplishments you listed are all well and good, but you have to acknowledged, they are based on his past glory.
Question is: what has he done lately? Again, remember he is not a spring chicken and has lost a step or two.
Compared to the youngsters he will be competing with, I don't see him being a factor at all.
Gotti wrote: Meanwhile, Ideye who started with a small club in a small league, and has gone on to play in the French Ligue 1, the EPL, the UEFA Champions League, the Europa League Cup, and looks set to play in the La Liga, while garnering an AFCON winners' medal (in addition to a Greek league winners medal) as well as the National Honor of MON. I daresay the foregoing speaks pretty SOLID "volumes about his character"!
Re-read, understand and then we can pick up this discussion...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Ideye struck a good partnership with Emenike back in the day and always seemed to underrated. He is a confidence player, if he gets a decent run in Spain, he will pip the likes of Nwakaeme.

Will be glad to see him back in contention. Let him fight for a shirt, only the best 23 should be on the plane to Russia.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:Lets just agree to disagree concerning this bobo ........ You see whatever and I see wasted talent
Bros, not quite sure exactly what there is to "agree to disagree"...
EVERYTHING highlighted are FACTS rather than opinions - unless you are "disagreeing" with facts. :D

PS: And, just for the sake of discussion, how exactly can Ideye be classified as a "wasted talent"? Was he a youth superstar? Did he lead his youth competition in goal-scoring (like, for instance, Chrisantus)? Was he ever considered the Next-Big-Thing of Nigerian football (as, for example, Rabiu Ibrahim, Haruna Lukman, the aforementioned Chrisantus, Isaac Success? Stanley "Little Messi" Okoro, etc.)? In fact, if I recall correctly the likes of 'Bentley' Akubueze and Oladapo (who moved to Boavista) were more highly touted at that 2007 U20 WYC than Ideye ever was. Frankly, if anyone has made the most of what appeared to most as relatively limited talent at youth level, Ideye has to be among the leaders.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL