Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ideye Brown Joins Malaga

Post by deanotito »

smartbrother wrote:
deanotito wrote:
smartbrother wrote:Ideye is a better lone striker than Ighalo
If we are planning on playing one striker upfront and he proves he is back to full fitness, there is no justification in leaving him out of the squad to Russia
smartbrother, sorry but this is just pure nonsense. You go to a major tournament like this with Ideye as your lone striker, and your through balls will just keep dying untimely deaths.
First of all my brother, I dont think you appreciate how good Ideye himself is at supplying through balls (and providing assists in general) for teammates.
Besides Iwobi and Mikel we have no one as good as Ideye on that front

Secondly i know we all love seeing beautifully weighted through passes.
But you must realise that it is far easier to play the ball directly to the feet of a striker than to thread a defence splitting through ball into his path
The former can be done by any player on the pitch with decent passing ability
The latter requires vision and deftness of touch very few players possess.

With Ighalo or Nacho leading the line, 90% of our forays into our opponents final third will be easily repelled because those guys can't hold up the ball
A good target forward like Ideye with the ability to link up with the attacking midfielders,hold the ball and pass it to a wide channel helps us create momentum and sustain pressure on the opposition
Which is ultimately what leads to goals and victory

Also his finishing is not remotely as bad as you claim.
His goalscoring record speaks for itself
We agree to disagree on this one. Spending all this time on a player that is not currently in the SE picture doesn’t seem prudent. I go raise my voice loud if that changes.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Who gives a shyt...enough of these past players ...role with the future naija players.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Who gives a shyt...enough of these past players ...role with the future naija players.
:rotf: Well its official sha, he posted on his gram, he signed on loan to Malaga FC and they welcomed him on their page. Wish him good luck, hope he can show enough to make the WC team, we need to have a deep bench if we hope to do anything of significance.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

maceo4 wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Who gives a shyt...enough of these past players ...role with the future naija players.
:rotf: Well its official sha, he posted on his gram, he signed on loan to Malaga FC and they welcomed him on their page. Wish him good luck, hope he can show enough to make the WC team, we need to have a deep bench if we hope to do anything of significance.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

maceo4 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Good for him. If he plays well week in and week out, he'll be back in the mix.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Videos:

[/video]

[/video]
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

oscar52 wrote:Videos:

[/video]

[/video]

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks for sharing ..good luck to him.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Siddonlook11 wrote:
oscar52 wrote:Videos:

[/video]

[/video]

:clap: :clap: :clap: Thanks for sharing ..good luck to him.

The second vid is from his time in Ukraine. Clearly a very good player who can add depth to our squad.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Why are people so obsessed with strikers “holding the ball” as opposed to the ones that scores and assist? As for me, I am new school in that regard I grew up idolizing players like Henry, berghamp, Ronaldo, Etoo, Weah, Batistuta these are deadly finishers that holding the ball wasn’t their best trait. They knew how to score and assists not hold the damm ball.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

john12 wrote:Why are people so obsessed with strikers “holding the ball” as opposed to the ones that scores and assist? As for me, I am new school in that regard I grew up idolizing players like Henry, berghamp, Ronaldo, Etoo, Weah, Batistuta these are deadly finishers that holding the ball wasn’t their best trait. They knew how to score and assists not hold the damm ball.
All of those guys you mentioned were exceptional at holding unto the ball!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

[/video]

Ideye's press conference (unveiling) ... In his interview he shows he is very assured of himself, focused and ready to go. With Malaga's current position in the league, he is guaranteed playing time.

If he get the goals that keeps them up, then he will become a folk hero. Taking than form and high into the WC, will do him a world of good. Happy for him :thumb:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bobo is very confident, i like it! :thumbs:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

john12 wrote:Why are people so obsessed with strikers “holding the ball” as opposed to the ones that scores and assist? As for me, I am new school in that regard I grew up idolizing players like Henry, berghamp, Ronaldo, Etoo, Weah, Batistuta these are deadly finishers that holding the ball wasn’t their best trait. They knew how to score and assists not hold the damm ball.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

My brother, its like you took the words out of my mouth. I said it prior to the last WC, when some were shouting noise about Ameobi. If your biggest attribute as a striker is "hold-up play", you're pretty useless to any serious team in my opinion. In my experience, that attribute is used by fans to cover a multitude of weaknesses of strikers..."Oh yes, but..but.. he's good at hold-up play..." Mechionu! Na hold-up play I go chop...when all promising chances go to his leg to die?????

Lets simplify this thing. I need my strikers to score and/or assist at a high level.....If you can hold-up, good...but let's not get the order mixed up here.