No wonder his agents were trying to get him back to the SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

highbury
Egg
Egg
No wonder his agents were trying to get him back to the SE

Post by highbury »

Joel is about get offloaded by Torino.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/t ... -joel-obi/
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: No wonder his agents were trying to get him back to the

Post by metalalloy »

2.2 million and they are looking for 10 million for him. Nice piece of business for them if they can pull it off. His talent is undeniable, if only he could remain injury free.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He needs to go to a club with a good medical record as long as he avoids injury and keeps his form as he has done when fit he deserves to go to the World Cup agents or not!
Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

For him to be valued at €10m means he still has it in him. I must admit that buying him will be a risk due to his constant injuries.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

highbury wrote:Joel is about get offloaded by Torino.

https://www.completesportsnigeria.com/t ... -joel-obi/
Obi has a year left on his contract. If he goes to the WC and does well..he'll staring at free agency by March of 2019. Well managed clubs (unlike Arsenal) don't wait till 6 months to Free agency to either resign with an upgraded contract or sell. I know I'm being optmistic is seeing the "sell now" approach as glass being half full. At the minmum, another perspective is offered to readers.

Transfer Market Value:

I use the site soley too look at how a player is trending as I think the transfer market value itself on this site is backward looking (in real time). For example, Ndidi today is valued at 16Million according to this site. I think otherwise but agree that he is a player whose value is trending up. So before I go on to my next point, please know that points butressed by this site ..I'm realying more on the trend.

Joel is currently valued at 2.25million euros (per the site below). a 10 million ask is by the transfermarket standards a stretch..but you know how I already feel about the valuation. The good thing, more reliable info is the fact that Obi is trending up, has been for a little bit now.

Etebo vs Obi

When you compare Etebo (at 22years old) to Joel (at 26), Joel is still valued higher than Etebo, and more importantly, Joel's projected trend and current trend is up while Etebo's is flat. I will pick him to be on the team over Etebo and / or Igbohun (who played against Cameroon)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/verglei ... 581&409106
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

As if he needs SE to get him a new club. He managed to play in good teams in the past without SE. When we can't contribute to a discussion we don't need to call others agents.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

aruako1 wrote:As if he needs SE to get him a new club. He managed to play in good teams in the past without SE. When we can't contribute to a discussion we don't need to call others agents.
You dey mind the mugus