Joseph Dosu Interview

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Joseph Dosu Interview

Post by metalalloy »

On TreGong TV. Posted by Suya on FB.

[/video]

Interesting that he was injured during the tournament.

:lol: @ Okocha treating Oliseh as his golden retriever. Jay jay oh, your head no dey house!
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joseph Dosu Interview

Post by Nkume »

metalalloy wrote:On TreGong TV. Posted by Suya on FB.

[/video]

:lol: @ Okocha treating Oliseh as his golden retriever. Jay jay oh, your head no dey house!
It's an Anioma issue! :taunt:

No put mouth inside.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Okocha over Kanu? Cant say that i am surprised, after all he was a goal keeper
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ANC wrote:Okocha over Kanu? Cant say that i am surprised, after all he was a goal keeper
Haters gon hate :rotf: :rotf: Has Kanu ever even hit the post at the WC? Ehn has he? :twisted:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

So Fulani herdsman cows caused the accident! What are cows doing on ikorodu road? So that picture of cows using the flyover bridge is true
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Good interview from Dosu omo iya aganyin. Funny they did not field that quesrion to him about this nickname... Wonderful guy
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Flex Swift wrote:So Fulani herdsman cows caused the accident! What are cows doing on ikorodu road? So that picture of cows using the flyover bridge is true
So this Herdsmen cow thing don dey cost wahala long time.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Great interview. We should talk to these past players often.

Too bad 3SC players tried to inject juju in the team. :boo: to 3SC
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Dosu 11 :boo: :boo:

No Yobo? What was he on? Is he sure he doesn't drink?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:Dosu 11 :boo: :boo:

No Yobo? What was he on? Is he sure he doesn't drink?

:lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

So he was partly responsible for the Agbayas in our prior youth teams? Dele Adeleye etc...
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

very nice interview. Seems like an intelligent dude and gentleman. Wish him the best.

One thing that bothers me though is when players of a certain age bracket start alluding to things that were certainly not so during their generation. For example, he said something like VW Beetle costing 2000 Naira (and 504 costing 5,000) when he started getting paid back in 1990. This certainly cannot be accurate. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would have thought these were the prices during dem Keshi/Nwosu era, or maybe even during dem Odegbami/CCC era...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:very nice interview. Seems like an intelligent dude and gentleman. Wish him the best.

One thing that bothers me though is when players of a certain age bracket start alluding to things that were certainly not so during their generation. For example, he said something like VW Beetle costing 2000 Naira (and 504 costing 5,000) when he started getting paid back in 1990. This certainly cannot be accurate. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would have thought these were the prices during dem Keshi/Nwosu era, or maybe even during dem Odegbami/CCC era...

Uncle, are you in a cuny cuny way suggesting he was probably older than 23 in 96?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:very nice interview. Seems like an intelligent dude and gentleman. Wish him the best.

Uncle, are you in a cuny cuny way suggesting he was probably older than 23 in 96?

Na you tok am o. I just seriously doubt the car prices he was quoting for that period.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:

Na you tok am o. I just seriously doubt the car prices he was quoting for that period.
Maybe it was a slip ... you know he has 3SC roots.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Actually, I think he may not be far from the truth on the car prices as He would most likely have been talking about 2nd hand cars. When I got old enough to price the same cars in 99, a used 504 was going for about 200k. If one thinks about the inflation and currency devaluation that happened between 90 and 99, I don’t think the prices he quoted were a big stretch.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

He was caught up in between. The prices of brand new 505 even up till around 88 was around 10k, while beetles around this time was going for around 5 or 6k. You will get a car for 2k no doubt about that , but it will be a second hand car. We were given car loan in 1990 when i joined BCC, it was the sum of 6k, we could only dream second hand by the 90s.

But i remember when i was still in school in the middle 80s, i was also saving to buy a second hand beetle , the going rate around that tine was between 300 - 500naira. Then i was on allowance of 120naira monthly with Kwasu bombers. That was around 85 i think. So i think he got the era all muddled up.

He also refered to Adokiye Amaesimeka as Alloysious....trying to dig into the archives can be hard sometimes. He is not completely off the mark.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Very impressive interview!

For a football career to come to an end at 23 is indeed most tragic. His interest in football also obviously stemmed from a very early age to know the likes of Inua Rigogo and Kenneth Olayombo. But then good goalkeepers are usually very clever. Also I thought he would have been asked about the premonition he gave to Sunday Oliseh that Oliseh will score a decisive goal against Spain in WC 1998. Oliseh told that story once while explaining his goal celebration shouting "Dosu! Dosu!" while pointing to Dosu in the crowd.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goldleaf wrote:Very impressive interview!

For a football career to come to an end at 23 is indeed most tragic. His interest in football also obviously stemmed from a very early age to know the likes of Inua Rigogo and Kenneth Olayombo. But then good goalkeepers are usually very clever. Also I thought he would have been asked about the premonition he gave to Sunday Oliseh that Oliseh will score a decisive goal against Spain in WC 1998. Oliseh told that story once while explaining his goal celebration shouting "Dosu! Dosu!" while pointing to Dosu in the crowd.
For real? Wow.
Never heard that story and always wondered who he was pointing to.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

metalalloy wrote:On TreGong TV. Posted by Suya on FB.

[/video]

Great interview.

Wishing him all the best.

Glad to see he is not bitter.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Damunk wrote:

For real? Wow.

Actually, Gbenga Aina, AKA Hardman, deciphered this as far back as in 1998. He is an expert lip-reader.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:

For real? Wow.

Actually, Gbenga Aina, AKA Hardman, deciphered this as far back as in 1998. He is an expert lip-reader.

Huh? You mean you remembered this from 1998? You have the memory of an elephant! No wonder one of the top 5 in America snatched you from us. You need to bribe me with obe of those $40 samples you and mental alloy are ordering or i will expose you. Nonsense. :veryangry: :mad:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

1naija wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Damunk wrote:

For real? Wow.

Huh? You mean you remembered this from 1998? You have the memory of an elephant! No wonder one of the top 5 in America snatched you from us. You need to bribe me with obe of those $40 samples you and mental alloy are ordering or i will expose you. Nonsense. :veryangry: :mad:
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: 1998 is memorable year :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I don full one Box with Creed Vetiver, specially for you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I don't know why I remembered this, but we had a debate about what Oliseh was shouting and who he was pointing to, and Hardman deciphered it.
AFCON 2019 sweet o