Pinnick offers Oruma National team coaching job

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lacidi
Egg
Egg
Pinnick offers Oruma National team coaching job

Post by lacidi »

Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma who has been battling emotional disorder after being defrauded N2 billion by fake oil businessmen has been offered a job as assistant coach in one of the national teams.

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Melvin Amaju Pinnick disclosed this to Vanguard over the weekend.

‘’By next week, Oruma will move into my house before they finish furnishing the three-bedroom flat where he would stay.

“His story is a pathetic one and we cannot allow him to die. I am rendering this help to him from one Warri man to another. We are Warri Ambassadors.

‘’All we need to do is to show him love. I ate with him. He’s stable. The NFF will include him to play a role in our award ceremony coming up soon.

“Thereafter, we’ll include him in the U-20 national team. Come June, we’ll also include him in the contingent to Russia to cheer the Super Eagles.

“I’m still talking with some of the clubs he played for to allow him come and do a coaching course with them,’’ Pinnick said.

Oruma played for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, he featured for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired on November 26, 2010.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/22/wilson-o ... onal-team/
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Pinnick offers Oruma National team coaching job

Post by ohenhen1 »

Mental disorder is tricky.

I think we need to do more in Nigeria to address mental health.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I don't think this is a good idea, if Oruma is indeed suffering from mental disorder as has been reported. They should get him psychiatric help instead.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

1naija wrote:I don't think this is a good idea, if Oruma is indeed suffering from mental disorder as has been reported. They should get him psychiatric help instead.
Yes he should speak with a psychatrist, but being brought into a friends house, treated like a brother and given a job to get back on his feet is just as helpful, maybe even more so.

Pinnick na better person.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

1naija wrote:I don't think this is a good idea, if Oruma is indeed suffering from mental disorder as has been reported. They should get him psychiatric help instead.
Mental Illness isn't a disorder - Strictly speaking.

But you are right about getting him help.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

cchinukw wrote:

Mental illness is a disorder of neural pathways and even more so in Oruma’s case which appears to be only an acute illness but I get what you are trying to say. His situation can be reversed with proper support and offer of financial assistance by NFF. A reversal of his present emotional state back to his previous full functional state should however not be mistaken as a cure of his disorder. Mental disorder is not caused overnight by loss of money it rather evolves overtime and might not necessarily manifest itself until something like this happens. Ask yourself - does everyone who losses money go crazy. If your answer is no then case closed. There are distinct internalized experiencial factors that drive the meanings we assign to events and our reactions to those events
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Well done, Pinnick, well done.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

cchinukw wrote:

lol africans! it is more of a disorder than most thngs tbh. it is so complex too,had to read this stuff, and my mind was blown.. https://www.psychiatry.org/psychiatrists/practice/dsm
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Pinnick, thank you for helping him. Actually it is unlikely that he is suffering from a major psychiatric issue this late in his age. Its probably situational. Hopefully with less stress things would change for good.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kudos to Picnic. Only they have to go one step further and get him appropriate medical assistance.

But trust Picnic Naija style to mention the fact that they are both from Warri. I am assuming the FA Chairman would have helped an exceptional ex-player in need if he was from Enugu, PH or Ilorin.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Pinnick na better man but this talk of carrying him to Russia get as e be sha.The boys don't need too many delegation to Russia
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

God bless Pinnick. Well done sir!
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Pinnick is playing with fire. I lost a good friend named Richard Fells two weeks ago.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/in ... unt_h.html
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

iworo wrote:Pinnick is playing with fire. I lost a good friend named Richard Fells two weeks ago.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/in ... unt_h.html

sorry for your loss, bro. No be NYC you dey, abi you don move go Poconos? Hope you remember meeting me @ Allen's a few yrs back...
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Chief, how I go forget you my brother :) ? I still dey NYC. My late friend used to commute from PA to NYC daily, Very sad.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

lacidi wrote:Former Super Eagles midfielder, Wilson Oruma who has been battling emotional disorder after being defrauded N2 billion by fake oil businessmen has been offered a job as assistant coach in one of the national teams.

The President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Melvin Amaju Pinnick disclosed this to Vanguard over the weekend.

‘’By next week, Oruma will move into my house before they finish furnishing the three-bedroom flat where he would stay.

“His story is a pathetic one and we cannot allow him to die. I am rendering this help to him from one Warri man to another. We are Warri Ambassadors.

‘’All we need to do is to show him love. I ate with him. He’s stable. The NFF will include him to play a role in our award ceremony coming up soon.

“Thereafter, we’ll include him in the U-20 national team. Come June, we’ll also include him in the contingent to Russia to cheer the Super Eagles.

“I’m still talking with some of the clubs he played for to allow him come and do a coaching course with them,’’ Pinnick said.

Oruma played for Nigeria’s U-17, U-23 and the senior national team, winning the FIFA U-17 World Cup in 1993, the Olympic gold in 1996 and two bronze medals at the African Cup of Nations in 2002 and 2006.

At club level, he featured for RC Lens, Nancy, Samsunspor, Nimes, Servette, Sochaux, Marseille and Guingamp, and Kavala FC of Greece before he retired on November 26, 2010.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/22/wilson-o ... onal-team/
Wow! Where are the people who attacked me for asking if the NFF cannot help Oruma in any possible way they could? Is the NFF not helping with this offer if the article is true? Thanks a lot NFF :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So many people in this Site only talk for talking sake, they DO NOT think WIDE (from both angles of a problem or issue) before commenting :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ohenhen1 wrote:Mental disorder is tricky.

We certainly do. However, it seems almost everything is a problem in our country and needs the government or communities to do more
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

charlie wrote:
Yes he should speak with a psychatrist, but being brought into a friends house, treated like a brother and given a job to get back on his feet is just as helpful, maybe even more so.

Pinnick na better person.
KPAM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

Mental illness is a disorder of neural pathways and even more so in Oruma’s case which appears to be only an acute illness but I get what you are trying to say. His situation can be reversed with proper support and offer of financial assistance by NFF. A reversal of his present emotional state back to his previous full functional state should however not be mistaken as a cure of his disorder. Mental disorder is not caused overnight by loss of money it rather evolves overtime and might not necessarily manifest itself until something like this happens. Ask yourself - does everyone who losses money go crazy. If your answer is no then case closed. There are distinct internalized experiencial factors that drive the meanings we assign to events and our reactions to those events
Jette1, be sure not to say such thing again, unless you want to be attacked
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Odas wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Mental disorder is tricky.

We certainly do. However, it seems almost everything is a problem in our country and needs the government or communities to do more
Which explains the Emperor-like status often enjoyed by these State Governors whom instead of establishing an official state Social Security programs abrogate public funds and turn around and dish same out to preferred groups in return for Emperor status worship they get. You often hear people say - "we thank the governor for giving us road or borehole as if the fund came from governor's salary

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Believe, if he gets back all the money that was fleeced off him, he will regain his sanity, what he is going through is not acute insanity, it is more like stress from his situation which can be fixed. Maybe a well deserved holiday in Europe or the US, just get away from the whole thing can help to recover, it is quite nice to be offered a job and most important an income, hopefully thay will go a long way
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

jette1 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

You've got it twisted Jette.

Mental disorder, is a mental illness.

From time to time we are bound to experience episodes of mental illness in a stressful, faced paced and unpredictable world. When these occur, we will have varying coping mechanisms and support networks to get through those episodes.

A disorder to me is one that requires close supervision and management of the symptoms by any number of mental health professionals.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

cchinukw wrote:
jette1 wrote:
cchinukw wrote:

You've got it twisted Jette.

Mental disorder, is a mental illness.

From time to time we are bound to experience episodes of mental illness in a stressful, faced paced and unpredictable world. When these occur, we will have varying coping mechanisms and support networks to get through those episodes.

A disorder to me is one that requires close supervision and management of the symptoms by any number of mental health professionals.
you are probably dyslexic; not only are you not articulate your posit is completely incongruent with anything i wrote