Manchester City: Will Always Remain in United's shadows

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Manchester City: Will Always Remain in United's shadows

Post by danfo driver »

Look at this on Twitter. :shock: City made the grave error of announcing KDB's contract extension at the same time United announced Sanchez. And the difference is so starkly clear.

Of course it will take them a while to get close to Barca, Bayern, United and Madrid, but dang! The numbers are very bad!

This just shows that City has not grown, and it is just a regional club.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester City: Will Always Remain in United's shadows

Post by platinum »

No surprise here. Their superiority over United has been football wise not marketing or branding. United has no equal in the world when it comes to marketing, light years ahead of most rivals. All the money in the world doesn't replace time and prestige. It takes time to create a brand. If City is in this for the long haul, they will get there, and even at that, they'd have to hope United becomes lax (which doesn't seem to be happening). E no easy.

There's one club in England that has the potential to match United in brand power quickly, that's Liverpool who've been tripping over themselves like a toddler for a while.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

platinum wrote:No surprise here. Their superiority over United has been football wise not marketing or branding. United has no equal in the world when it comes to marketing, light years ahead of most rivals. All the money in the world doesn't replace time and prestige. It takes time to create a brand. If City is in this for the long haul, they will get there, and even at that, they'd have to hope United becomes lax (which doesn't seem to be happening). E no easy.

There's one club in England that has the potential to match United in brand power quickly, that's Liverpool who've been tripping over themselves like a toddler for a while.
Not doubting United has a clue when it comes to marketing. But anyone who compares the results Sanchez signing to that of Debryune is being silly on many levels.

One is the signing of a star player from one team to another after winning a protracted battle against the best team around for his signature. The other a a resigning of your own player to an extension.

Anyone using these different situations as a basis for comparison at best lacks the basic understanding of context. Surprising, as one should expect more from a bumbling drunk danfo driver :twisted:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Not taking anything from manu but will that gap be the same if City was signing say another star from another club?
I mean the two are totally different oga danfa.City don't even have the power of beloved but they are fast coming up to be the real deal.
When it comes to play them game City is ahead playing the best football in England.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:No surprise here. Their superiority over United has been football wise not marketing or branding. United has no equal in the world when it comes to marketing, light years ahead of most rivals. All the money in the world doesn't replace time and prestige. It takes time to create a brand. If City is in this for the long haul, they will get there, and even at that, they'd have to hope United becomes lax (which doesn't seem to be happening). E no easy.

Superiority footballwise?

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

Please educate me on what you mean by footballwise. Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

Finished ahead of United last term. Are ahead of United again this term.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

spastic wrote:

Not doubting United has a clue when it comes to marketing. But anyone who compares the results Sanchez signing to that of Debryune is being silly on many levels.

One is the signing of a star player from one team to another after winning a protracted battle against the best team around for his signature. The other a a resigning of your own player to an extension.

Anyone using these different situations as a basis for comparison at best lacks the basic understanding of context. Surprising, as one should expect more from a bumbling drunk danfo driver :twisted:
:biggrin:
Who are you signing to give the january window some gloss?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

You don’t seem to care much for trophies. Not surprised, you are a Gooner :lol: :lol:

If only there was a “I am ahead of you on the league table trophy” :lol: by your logic, guess Tottenham is superior to Arsenal, footballwise.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

When did you become a Utd fan? Oh I forgot when Mou moves to PSG you will drop them like an Ashewo
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:When did you become a Utd fan? Oh I forgot when Mou moves to PSG you will drop them like an Ashewo
Are you disagreeing that City is now and will always be in United’s shadow? That’s not even in dispute or in contest. We are talking about the biggest club in the country and second biggest in the world, as compared to a regional outfit.

By the way, Mourinho is about to sign a new 4 year contract at United. That gives me 4 years to learn French! :D :clap:
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

danfo driver wrote:

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

Well for starters, United haven't finished above City in the league since SAF retired. Look at the current table btw.

Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. You know United is worried when it keeps bringing up "history" and "prestige" and starts trying to compare twitter numbers. :lol: :lol:

The truth is that if City keep dominating to a degree they'll eventually catch up to and surpass United off the field as well. I find it funny but heartbreaking that some United staff and fans refuse to accept reality.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
The truth is that if City keep dominating to a degree they'll eventually catch up to and surpass United off the field as well. I find it funny but heartbreaking that some United staff and fans refuse to accept reality.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

our grandchildren perhaps?

Let them catch up with Liverpool fan base first.

You are a recent City convert, so you can give us the projection of how City will *realistically* catch United

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

United will close the gap on city football wise, i dont have any doubt, since SAF retired, we have been in a transistion mode, same thing happened to real madrid a few years ago, they were in barcelona shadow and suddenly they were back to winning ways, back to back champion league wins, united has the financial clout to match any team on this planet, at the end of the season, we will assess where we are, if only Lukaku had his firing shoes on and all these injuries, city will never be that far ahead, if we have to get Ronaldo to guarantee us 30 goals per season, we will surely do this at the end of the season, some players will be sold and others bought, we will get back to the promised land
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

You are a recent City convert, so you can give us the projection of how City will *realistically* catch United
You need to pull up the threads from 2009 or so when this whole City thing was started and see how the likes of you were laughing about the thought of City actually matching United on the field, they bridged the gap in short time with style, breaking records left and right. They'll eventually catch up to United in the marketing and brand department as well if they keep winning on the field.

Things change, empires will rise and fall. It is what it is.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
tfco wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:

You need to pull up the threads from 2009 or so when this whole City thing was started and see how the likes of you were laughing about the thought of City actually matching United on the field, they bridged the gap in short time with style, breaking records left and right. They'll eventually catch up to United in the marketing and brand department as well if they keep winning on the field.

Things change, empires will rise and fall. It is what it is.
interesting...those invisible threads

matching on the field was never in doubt.

the fan base....we live to see

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

marko wrote:United will close the gap on city football wise, i dont have any doubt, since SAF retired, we have been in a transistion mode, same thing happened to real madrid a few years ago, they were in barcelona shadow and suddenly they were back to winning ways, back to back champion league wins, united has the financial clout to match any team on this planet, at the end of the season, we will assess where we are, if only Lukaku had his firing shoes on and all these injuries, city will never be that far ahead, if we have to get Ronaldo to guarantee us 30 goals per season, we will surely do this at the end of the season, some players will be sold and others bought, we will get back to the promised land
lol abeg too many ifs

The squad JM inherited requires tweaking, end of story

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Do not underestimate tradition,especially the ones built over several decades.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

You don’t seem to care much for trophies. Not surprised, you are a Gooner :lol: :lol:

If only there was a “I am ahead of you on the league table trophy” :lol: by your logic, guess Tottenham is superior to Arsenal, footballwise.
By your logic, Arsenal was superior to United all those seasons the Gunners won the FA Cup and community shield, etc. Superior to United, Liverpool and co? Was Sevilla superior football wise to either Real or Barca all those seasons the Andalusians were winning the UEFA cup and copa del rey at times?
As far as the comment on caring about trophies and being a Gooner, that one is neither here nor there, it isn't germane to the discussion, it doesn't really answer the issue at hand. At the end of the day, it's a normative issue. All na perspective, for me City was miles ahead of United, last season and especially this season. This is not close to being Mourinho's finest work.
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

marko wrote:United will close the gap on city football wise, i dont have any doubt, since SAF retired, we have been in a transistion mode, same thing happened to real madrid a few years ago, they were in barcelona shadow and suddenly they were back to winning ways, back to back champion league wins, united has the financial clout to match any team on this planet, at the end of the season, we will assess where we are, if only Lukaku had his firing shoes on and all these injuries, city will never be that far ahead, if we have to get Ronaldo to guarantee us 30 goals per season, we will surely do this at the end of the season, some players will be sold and others bought, we will get back to the promised land
Lukaku is a DOST nothing new. United had a very kind schedule at the start of the season, once they started meeting better sides, lukaku stopped scoring
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Wetin concern agbero with overload? All I know is 3SC is bigger than Enugu Rangers forever and everything is history! Even yesterday is history and there is a reason why we keep history!

However, Pep Guardiola says City is bigger..... not yet :mrgreen:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... irculation
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

oloye wrote:Do not underestimate tradition,especially the ones built over several decades.
Do not under estimate ambition with deep pockets. Several did are being made to look foolish.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:Do not underestimate tradition,especially the ones built over several decades.
Do not under estimate ambition with deep pockets. Several did are being made to look foolish.
Ambition with deep pockets can build (Man City) or improve (Man Utd) records and history but can't erase (Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) records and history :D
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

YemiBrazil wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Ambition with deep pockets can build (Man City) or improve (Man Utd) records and history but can't erase (Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) records and history :D
Congratulations on winning the history trophy.