Manchester City: Will Always Remain in United's shadows

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Manchester City: Will Always Remain in United's shadows

Post by marko »

Can man city win 3 champion league? It seems the rest of the premiership have made city look actually better than they are, can they go and outplay the likes of PSG, barcelona, real, no doubt they are a good side this season and Guardiola has improved the team, if they do not win the champions league this season, it will be tougher next season
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

spastic wrote:
platinum wrote:No surprise here. Their superiority over United has been football wise not marketing or branding. United has no equal in the world when it comes to marketing, light years ahead of most rivals. All the money in the world doesn't replace time and prestige. It takes time to create a brand. If City is in this for the long haul, they will get there, and even at that, they'd have to hope United becomes lax (which doesn't seem to be happening). E no easy.

There's one club in England that has the potential to match United in brand power quickly, that's Liverpool who've been tripping over themselves like a toddler for a while.
Not doubting United has a clue when it comes to marketing. But anyone who compares the results Sanchez signing to that of Debryune is being silly on many levels.

One is the signing of a star player from one team to another after winning a protracted battle against the best team around for his signature. The other a a resigning of your own player to an extension.

Anyone using these different situations as a basis for comparison at best lacks the basic understanding of context. Surprising, as one should expect more from a bumbling drunk danfo driver :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: like i said,

#wastedschoolfees
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

YUJAM wrote:When did you become a Utd fan? Oh I forgot when Mou moves to PSG you will drop them like an Ashewo

:lol: :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
Well for starters, United haven't finished above City in the league since SAF retired. Look at the current table btw.

You know, i have watched football for a long time. And in all those years, eve with my passion for certain type of football, I have always known that trophies are the most important thing. If today, someone wants to convince me that "I finished above you on the league table, but I won nothing" is better than wining, then I dont know what sports you are referring to, because thats not football.

By the way, do you know that Man Utd, has won more trophies than City since SAF retired? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. You know United is worried when it keeps bringing up "history" and "prestige" and starts trying to compare twitter numbers. :lol: :lol
:

So ae we supposed to start counting from 5 years ago? and ignore everything else? Okay, lets do that! lets compare trophies since SAF retired, who has won more? :D
The truth is that if City keep dominating to a degree they'll eventually catch up to and surpass United off the field as well. I find it funny but heartbreaking that some United staff and fans refuse to accept reality.
Broi, it doesnt work that way. You are assuming that City will spend spend spend and United will remain stagnant. People made this Argeument about Barca/Real and Juve/Inter/Milan, it doesnt work that way. i can wager that City will never get to that level...not in the next 100 years. I dont think you understand the reach of United.

What domination is City dominating though??? They won nothing lat year, how are they dominating> The nothing trophies? :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:No surprise here. Their superiority over United has been football wise not marketing or branding. United has no equal in the world when it comes to marketing, light years ahead of most rivals. All the money in the world doesn't replace time and prestige. It takes time to create a brand. If City is in this for the long haul, they will get there, and even at that, they'd have to hope United becomes lax (which doesn't seem to be happening). E no easy.

There's one club in England that has the potential to match United in brand power quickly, that's Liverpool who've been tripping over themselves like a toddler for a while.

Superiority footballwise?

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

Please educate me on what you mean by footballwise. Thanks!

Finished ahead of United last term. Are ahead of United again this term.
You don’t seem to care much for trophies. Not surprised, you are a Gooner :lol: :lol:

If only there was a “I am ahead of you on the league table trophy” :lol: by your logic, guess Tottenham is superior to Arsenal, footballwise.
By your logic, Arsenal was superior to United all those seasons the Gunners won the FA Cup and community shield, etc. Superior to United, Liverpool and co? Was Sevilla superior football wise to either Real or Barca all those seasons the Andalusians were winning the UEFA cup and copa del rey at times?
As far as the comment on caring about trophies and being a Gooner, that one is neither here nor there, it isn't germane to the discussion, it doesn't really answer the issue at hand. At the end of the day, it's a normative issue. All na perspective, for me City was miles ahead of United, last season and especially this season. This is not close to being Mourinho's finest work.
Do you notice that in all your examples, the first club you mentioned is a smaller club? :lol: :lol:

LOL @ not Mourinho's finest work. :rotf: I take it that you thought if you mentioned Mourinho, then it will side-track me? bro, concentrate. This is United v City. And doesnt it strike you that as bad as Mourinhos work is, he won 3 trophies and City won NOTHING!?

For you, City who won nothing is ahead of United who won 3 trophies. That proves my point about you being a gooner. :taunt: When was winning ever important to a gooner? As long as you are passing the ball aimlessly, that is football. :taunt:

For me, its all about trophies! Unite have won more in history, unite has won more since City got money, United has won more since SAF retire, United has won more in the last year. fact Fact Fact! :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:Do not underestimate tradition,especially the ones built over several decades.
Do not under estimate ambition with deep pockets. Several did are being made to look foolish.
LOL @ deep pockets! thats all your club has abi? And you think United does not have a deep pocket? one word-- SANCHEZ! You couldnt compete :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Mr. Piffington wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
oloye wrote:Do not underestimate tradition,especially the ones built over several decades.
Do not under estimate ambition with deep pockets. Several did are being made to look foolish.
Ambition with deep pockets can build (Man City) or improve (Man Utd) records and history but can't erase (Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) records and history :D
Congratulations on winning the history trophy.
Actually, they won THREE REAL trophies and you won NOTHING! :lol:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

You don’t seem to care much for trophies. Not surprised, you are a Gooner :lol: :lol:

If only there was a “I am ahead of you on the league table trophy” :lol: by your logic, guess Tottenham is superior to Arsenal, footballwise.
By your logic, Arsenal was superior to United all those seasons the Gunners won the FA Cup and community shield, etc. Superior to United, Liverpool and co? Was Sevilla superior football wise to either Real or Barca all those seasons the Andalusians were winning the UEFA cup and copa del rey at times?
As far as the comment on caring about trophies and being a Gooner, that one is neither here nor there, it isn't germane to the discussion, it doesn't really answer the issue at hand. At the end of the day, it's a normative issue. All na perspective, for me City was miles ahead of United, last season and especially this season. This is not close to being Mourinho's finest work.
Do you notice that in all your examples, the first club you mentioned is a smaller club? :lol: :lol:

LOL @ not Mourinho's finest work. :rotf: I take it that you thought if you mentioned Mourinho, then it will side-track me? bro, concentrate. This is United v City. And doesnt it strike you that as bad as Mourinhos work is, he won 3 trophies and City won NOTHING!?

For you, City who won nothing is ahead of United who won 3 trophies. That proves my point about you being a gooner. :taunt: When was winning ever important to a gooner? As long as you are passing the ball aimlessly, that is football. :taunt:

For me, its all about trophies! Unite have won more in history, unite has won more since City got money, United has won more since SAF retire, United has won more in the last year. fact Fact Fact! :D

Like I said, normative. Relativity. You're a Mourinho fan which is why I mentioned him, much as you dey mention Gooner. All join to make the debate sweeter.

At the end of the season, we will revisit this.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

United - 3 trophies

City - 0 trophies

Like I said, normative. Relativity. You're a Mourinho fan which is why I mentioned him, much as you dey mention Gooner. All join to make the debate sweeter.

At the end of the season, we will revisit this.

Oh really? Why wait till the end of the season? Why not discuss it when united won 3 trophies and City won Nothing? Or you are hoping City will win more than United his season, so you can run out and say “yes! Trophies now matter?” :lol: :taunt:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:
Mr. Piffington wrote:
Ambition with deep pockets can build (Man City) or improve (Man Utd) records and history but can't erase (Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal etc) records and history :D
Congratulations on winning the history trophy.
Actually, they won THREE REAL trophies and you won NOTHING! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: The guy is confused
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

danfo driver wrote:
Oh really? Why wait till the end of the season? Why not discuss it when united won 3 trophies and City won Nothing? Or you are hoping City will win more than United his season, so you can run out and say “yes! Trophies now matter?” :lol: :taunt:
Ovbi oba, you are all over the place.
You say it's all about trophies, okay I gree. with you. Then why dismiss Sevilla and Arsenal as smaller clubs? Based on what metric? If you want to use trophies as the metric then use it as the metric.

If we're using trophies as the metric, shouldn't the quality of competition then be factored in? Winning the Charity Shield, EFL Cup and UEFA Cup is all well and good but you won't find many people who class those as world class cups including Manchester United who're happy to win them but have bigger fish to fry.

So, if we want to have a fair debate on FOOTBALLING quality, let us set the parameters once and for all. If trophies is all that matters to you, as you say, then you need to consider how Arsenal and Sevilla were way bigger footballing sides than the rivals I mentioned. No magomago logical leaps of calling them small clubs unless of course, United is a small club compared to City :taunt:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
You say it's all about trophies, okay I gree. with you. Then why dismiss Sevilla and Arsenal as smaller clubs? Based on what metric? If you want to use trophies as the metric then use it as the metric.

If we're using trophies as the metric, shouldn't the quality of competition then be factored in? Winning the Charity Shield, EFL Cup and UEFA Cup is all well and good but you won't find many people who class those as world class cups including Manchester United who're happy to win them but have bigger fish to fry.

So, if we want to have a fair debate on FOOTBALLING quality, let us set the parameters once and for all. If trophies is all that matters to you, as you say, then you need to consider how Arsenal and Sevilla were way bigger footballing sides than the rivals I mentioned. No magomago logical leaps of calling them small clubs unless of course, United is a small club compared to City :taunt:
Bros...

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

platinum wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

My brother, let me explain it this way. You are saying City who has won less in the past has surpassed United footballwise even though City has still won less in the present. In the example you gave, the other teams won less in the past and at the time were winning more. The difference is that they won LESS in the past! :taunt:

Hehe.. you no sey arsenal and Sevilla are smaller clubs when compared to the others na :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Man Utd's marketing department has been a machine since the Martin Edwards days. The reason why the "new money" clubs need Russian and middle eastern sugar daddies to compete is because Man Utd's appeal and money making ability goes beyond individuals. It is institutional. If Abramovich left Chelsea or the Sheikhs left PSG or Man City, they would have to offload their entire first team squad and would be staring at bankruptcy. The Edwards, PLC, Gill, Glazers/Woodward have all arrived at Man Utd without degrading the club's commercial appeal.
spastic wrote:

Not doubting United has a clue when it comes to marketing. But anyone who compares the results Sanchez signing to that of Debryune is being silly on many levels.

One is the signing of a star player from one team to another after winning a protracted battle against the best team around for his signature. The other a a resigning of your own player to an extension.

Anyone using these different situations as a basis for comparison at best lacks the basic understanding of context. Surprising, as one should expect more from a bumbling drunk danfo driver :twisted: