Big Boss on Google's home page

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Big Boss on Google's home page

Post by Waffiman »

oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Love this. It warmed the heart of a man lying in bed flu-ridden.
Ndo my brother..that was me last week
My bro thanks. But na me responsible for my state. I get flu, instead dey I for stay house, I go watch football for Emirates. Do all the wrong things like say I still be teenager. If looks could kill, my wife don kill me a million times over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She don let me suffer, now she don dey sorry for me. She go buy fresh fish, prawns dey make traditional Delta pepper soup for me.
Talk true, na that peppersoup you dey take style wait for :lol: :lol:
:thumb: :thumb: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:
My bro thanks. But na me responsible for my state. I get flu, instead dey I for stay house, I go watch football for Emirates. Do all the wrong things like say I still be teenager. If looks could kill, my wife don kill me a million times over. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She don let me suffer, now she don dey sorry for me. She go buy fresh fish, prawns dey make traditional Delta pepper soup for me.
Pele Waffi, drink a lot of orange juice and water too.
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:

Waffi na old fox, he has been dying for the good old madam special peppersoup...what better way of getting around madam's heavy schedule other than pretend to be down with flu :lol:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ojafranpa wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
oloye wrote:

Thanks bro. My Madam don ban me from Wednesday game. She is asking to be sacked. :mad: :mad: :twisted: :twisted:
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

RIP Big Boss.

Nice one google.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

It won't be CE if someone didn't find fault with this. So here it goes .......**1naija takes a deep breath" ....

Couldn't they find a better artist to draw a better picture of him? True to God **1naija touches his tongue with his forefinger and points up** if someone did not say it was Keshi I would not have known that's who google was honoring!

There!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hmm, marvelous! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:It won't be CE if someone didn't find fault with this. So here it goes .......**1naija takes a deep breath" ....

Couldn't they find a better artist to draw a better picture of him? True to God **1naija touches his tongue with his forefinger and points up** if someone did not say it was Keshi I would not have known that's who google was honoring!

There!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My brother look you. I don take screen shot for my next Avata. I nor the drawing, the sentiments us what counts most.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:It won't be CE if someone didn't find fault with this. So here it goes .......**1naija takes a deep breath" ....

There!

Whenever someone does this, I prepare myself to hear a pure unadulterated LIE coming out of their mouth :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Waffiman wrote:

There!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
My brother look you. I don take screen shot for my next Avata. I nor the drawing, the sentiments us what counts most.
:rotf: :rotf: :thumbs:

Kudos to them.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:

There!

Whenever someone does this, I prepare myself to hear a pure unadulterated LIE coming out of their mouth :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf:
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

There!
Yeye persin :rotf: :rotf: Even as you dey type that, comfort no be ya friend.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The Hero shall Never Ever be Forgotten. Take that to the bank.
true talk wrote:https://sports.yahoo.com/m/9947f3ed-3f1 ... oogle.html

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/01/s ... 50852.html

Stephen Keshi: Why Google honours him today

Nigerian football icon Stephen "Big Boss" Keshi is being honour by Google on what would have been his 56th birthday.

The search engine changed its logo in Nigeria on Tuesday to an illustration of the legendary sports star.

Keshi was one of only two men to win the Africa Cup of Nations as both a player and coach.

But the later part of his career was described as turbulent by some after quitting over unpaid wages and later being sacked. This is his story:

Big boss
Born in Azare, Nigeria in 1962, Keshi started his football career as a defender, and was among the first Nigerians to play professional football abroad.

He developed his career and passion in mainly Belgian clubs. He was later educated in the US as a coach.

He was known as the "Big Boss" because of his leadership drive. He played for the Nigerian National team at the FIFA World Cup and Africa Cup of Nations, where he took home the title in 1994.

Unpaid wages
Coaching. In 2006, Keshi, as manager, led Togo to qualify for its first FIFA World Cup. But he left the team before the tournament and was replaced by Otto Pfister.

In 2011, he began coaching the national team of his native Nigeria. He led the team to a victory at the Africa Cup of Nations in 2013, becoming one of only two people to win the tournament as both a player and a coach.

In 2014, he temporarily quit the team after a dispute with the Nigerian football authority over unpaid wages and poor treatment.

He later rejoined the team as an interim manager during the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup.

Sacked. In 2014, Keshi was sacked and later reinstalled, only after intervention from then-Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan.

In a 2014 interview with Al Jazeera, Keshi said that in order to be able to be on his team you need to work hard, adding that "there are no guaranteed shirts for anyone".

In 2016, Keshi suffered a heart attack and died en route to hospital in Benin City, Nigeria. He was 54 years old.

There are no guaranteed shirts for anyone. You have to work hard to play for me
STEPHEN KESHI
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

RIP Big Boss! :clap:
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

:clap: :clap: :clap: Google I go dey buy wunna product more :clap: :clap:
RIP Big Boss,
Today in Togo some fans honor him take a day off to celebrate his life as the only manager to help them see world cup for t heir life.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done Google. Great tribute to Keshi.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Wow. Two years already!
:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "