Argentina was so utterly thrashed...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marutimon
Egg
Egg
Argentina was so utterly thrashed...

Post by marutimon »

that they still can't stop finding excuses for being third best to Nigeria in November.

This time Di Maria...

That is massive b... hurt.

http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=26297
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina was so utterly thrashed...

Post by Tbite »

It is a good omen.

It bodes well for us, it shows that they are weak-minded.

A team that is not honest in defeat, are a bunch of frail losers. They are weak-minded and we should exploit that weakness.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

When your abused and "me too"-ed wifey finally stands up to you, you no go fear? :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Tyronne Ebuehi came on and made the game a nightmare for Di Maria. That boy has immense potential and to be honest should be playing for a top 16 team in Europe. Id Liverpool and England's Joe Gomez better than him for instance?
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

and i just find them very arrogant - no respect what so ever to Nigeria- i just hope and wish to not only beat them but also stop them from qualifying out of the group
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

walesvilla wrote:and i just find them very arrogant - no respect what so ever to Nigeria- i just hope and wish to not only beat them but also stop them from qualifying out of the group
Last time I checked respect is earned...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

maceo4 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:and i just find them very arrogant - no respect what so ever to Nigeria- i just hope and wish to not only beat them but also stop them from qualifying out of the group
we must earn it against them in June then
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

I just treat is as very funny.
They knew they were outplayed, hence the need to publically make excuses several months after the game. They full well know this was no chance victory, they were played off the field.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

marutimon wrote:I just treat is as very funny.
They knew they were outplayed, hence the need to publically make excuses several months after the game. They full well know this was no chance victory, they were played off the field.
hopefully we do it again- seriously a fully fit and on form front 3 or 4 of Igahlo VMoses Iwobi and Nacho - will be hard for any team in the world to hold them from scoring -
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

You guys need to get over that match.

Its long over and Di Maria is partly right, they were missing their best player (best player in the world in fact).
He also exposed how vulnerable Argentina is (shutdown Messi and you shutdown Argentina), but that one na their whala (for us to figure out how to exploit).

Until we beat Argentina in a tournament match, we really have not proved much other than they can be beaten.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Is there any other notable news outlet with these quotes attributed to Di Maria?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

charlie wrote:You guys need to get over that match.

Its long over and Di Maria is partly right, they were missing their best player (best player in the world in fact).
He also exposed how vulnerable Argentina is (shutdown Messi and you shutdown Argentina), but that one na their whala (for us to figure out how to exploit).

Until we beat Argentina in a tournament match, we really have not proved much other than they can be beaten.
Its not us that can't get over that match. Argentinian players and coaches pew out some nonsense about it once a week. Its them that can't let go.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
We've earned it by beating them. They should have been man enough that they were beaten by the better team on the day if not the better team overall. Bit arrogance and pomposity no gree
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

metalalloy wrote:Is there any other notable news outlet with these quotes attributed to Di Maria?
Source is Argentinian websites:
https://www.clarin.com/deportes/selecci ... rJ4rz.html
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We've earned it by beating them. They should have been man enough that they were beaten by the better team on the day if not the better team overall. But arrogance and pomposity no gree
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

marutimon wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Is there any other notable news outlet with these quotes attributed to Di Maria?
Source is Argentinian websites:

Thanks sir.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Just bear in mind they would have learnt a lot from that defeat. If we meet them again, they will no be that easy to beat, even without Messi.

Knowing Rohr, he will not be carried away with that victory. He would have learnt a lot about our weaknesses from that game too
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

I doubt seriously that Di Maria said this. No active professional player blames a loss on the absence of a particular player. I can understand such statement if Messi was red-carded and they were forced to play short-handed. I will bet one bottle of Johnnywalker from my stash :taunt: :mad: that Di Maria NEVER gave this interview!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:I doubt seriously that Di Maria said this. No active professional player blames a loss on the absence of a particular player. I can understand such statement if Messi was red-carded and they were forced to play short-handed. I will bet one bottle of Johnnywalker from my stash :taunt: :mad: that Di Maria NEVER gave this interview!

He did. Marutimon provided the Argentinian source of the interview. It was a general statement that they struggle when Messi is not available. Not that they lost to Nigeria because he was away.

Translate this in chrome.

Oya make i pm you my address for the Johnny? :taunt:

marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Fact is they keep going back to the game.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We've earned it by beating them. They should have been man enough that they were beaten by the better team on the day if not the better team overall. Bit arrogance and pomposity no gree
Don't think we have ever beaten them in a competitive game, I can understand their arrogance. Even remember Maradona saying they will easily handle us again before last world cup and they still yanshed us mschew...They will never respect us till we start yanshing them when it counts! Hopefully we can start at this WC Messi or not!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

We need to beat Argentina consistently to gain their respect. I do not think Ireland or Bulgaria for instance will ever disrespect Nigeria.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:I doubt seriously that Di Maria said this. No active professional player blames a loss on the absence of a particular player. I can understand such statement if Messi was red-carded and they were forced to play short-handed. I will bet one bottle of Johnnywalker from my stash :taunt: :mad: that Di Maria NEVER gave this interview!

He did. Marutimon provided the Argentinian source of the interview. It was a general statement that they struggle when Messi is not available. Not that they lost to Nigeria because he was away.

Translate this in chrome.

Oya make i pm you my address for the Johnny? :taunt:
**1naija pulls an IAG ..refuses to pay his bet .. clutches on his bottle of JW like a running back holds football and runs away**
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.