Argentina was so utterly thrashed...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Argentina was so utterly thrashed...

Post by metalalloy »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:I doubt seriously that Di Maria said this. No active professional player blames a loss on the absence of a particular player. I can understand such statement if Messi was red-carded and they were forced to play short-handed. I will bet one bottle of Johnnywalker from my stash :taunt: :mad: that Di Maria NEVER gave this interview!

He did. Marutimon provided the Argentinian source of the interview. It was a general statement that they struggle when Messi is not available. Not that they lost to Nigeria because he was away.

Translate this in chrome.

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/selecci ... rJ4rz.html

Oya make i pm you my address for the Johnny? :taunt:
**1naija pulls an IAG ..refuses to pay his bet .. clutches on his bottle of JW like a running back holds football and runs away**
Yeye cabbie.. I dey come collect one Creed from your house for dat. :curse:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:and i just find them very arrogant - no respect what so ever to Nigeria- i just hope and wish to not only beat them but also stop them from qualifying out of the group
Last time I checked respect is earned...
We've earned it by beating them. They should have been man enough that they were beaten by the better team on the day if not the better team overall. Bit arrogance and pomposity no gree
Don't think we have ever beaten them in a competitive game, I can understand their arrogance. Even remember Maradona saying they will easily handle us again before last world cup and they still yanshed us mschew...They will never respect us till we start yanshing them when it counts! Hopefully we can start at this WC Messi or not!
Stop making excuses for them. They did not set out to lose to lose to us. If anything they wanted to prove they are not a one-man team. They were 2 goals up. It doesn't have to be a competitive match to acknowledge the better team on the day won
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
1naija wrote:I doubt seriously that Di Maria said this. No active professional player blames a loss on the absence of a particular player. I can understand such statement if Messi was red-carded and they were forced to play short-handed. I will bet one bottle of Johnnywalker from my stash :taunt: :mad: that Di Maria NEVER gave this interview!

He did. Marutimon provided the Argentinian source of the interview. It was a general statement that they struggle when Messi is not available. Not that they lost to Nigeria because he was away.

**1naija pulls an IAG ..refuses to pay his bet .. clutches on his bottle of JW like a running back holds football and runs away**
Yeye cabbie.. I dey come collect one Creed from your house for dat. :curse:
Man talking of Creed, let's go to the cologne thread.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
walesvilla wrote:and i just find them very arrogant - no respect what so ever to Nigeria- i just hope and wish to not only beat them but also stop them from qualifying out of the group
You can dismiss the victory over Argentina on the basis that the match was a friendly but you can’t dismiss the fact that Argentina has a reputation to maintain and always come to play. They came and were outplayed, pure and simple. Next time is next time and until then, we totally deserve their respect. The fact that Lionel Messi did not feature in that match is just another excuse to hide behind. Believe me, if Argentina didn’t think they would win that game in Messi’s absence, they would have found a way to opt out of the game :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

That match pales into insignificance if we dont beat them in Russia or if they qualify and we dont.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

1naija wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

oloye wrote:That match pales into insignificance if we dont beat them in Russia or if they qualify and we dont.

Gbam!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We've earned it by beating them. They should have been man enough that they were beaten by the better team on the day if not the better team overall. Bit arrogance and pomposity no gree
Don't think we have ever beaten them in a competitive game, I can understand their arrogance. Even remember Maradona saying they will easily handle us again before last world cup and they still yanshed us mschew...They will never respect us till we start yanshing them when it counts! Hopefully we can start at this WC Messi or not!
Stop making excuses for them. They did not set out to lose to lose to us. If anything they wanted to prove they are not a one-man team. They were 2 goals up. It doesn't have to be a competitive match to acknowledge the better team on the day won
Lets just do it in a competitive match for a change, then we can make mouth. Otherwise they will always have the right to talk trash, abi didn't we beat them 4-1 in Abuja, but didn't help us when they beat us 'respectfully' in the return friendly and the WC proper. :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:That match pales into insignificance if we dont beat them in Russia or if they qualify and we dont.
:agree:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Wow you must really feel very strong about this, just bet something less significant like your mortgage
Oya back to the matter
open and close