Keeping tabs on movements during the January transfer window

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Keeping tabs on movements during the January transfer window

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] Vincent Enyeama - Lille to Angers
[2] Tyronne Ebuehi - Ado Den Haag to Benfica
[3] Shehu Abdullahi - Anorthosis Famagusta to Bursaspor
[4] Brown Ideye - Tianjin Teda to Malaga
[5] Anthony Ujah - Liaoning Whowin to Mainz

Possible moves still in the pipeline
[1] Oghene Etebo - Feirense to Porto
[2] Kelechi Nwakali - Venlo to Porto
[3] Odion Ighalo - Changchun Yatai to Everton, Stoke, West Ham or Southampton
[4] Mikel Obi - Tianjin Teda back to the English Premiership

Desired moves that would help Nigeria immensely
[1] Francis Uzoho - Deportivo to a club where he will see action
[2] Brian Idowu - Amkar Perm to a more competitive league

I will keep updating this page as we see movement of our boys in the transfer market. I suspect we will not see much drama until the last 24 hours.
marutimon
Egg
Egg
Re: Keeping tabs on movements during the January transfer wi

Post by marutimon »

I don't think Enyeama's move was confirmed yet.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

marutimon wrote:I don't think Enyeama's move was confirmed yet.

You are right, it is yet to be confirmed. I will keep tabs on it though.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ujah is the only confirmed move. Where u get Nwakali to Porto story?
OCCUPY NFF!!
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Mikel has won everything there is to win in England, don't see him moving back there unless an EPL team can match or exceed his high wages in China. Ighalo is getting paid pretty well in China too, it will be hard for an EPL team to lure him away. I do think, there is a greater chance that Ighalo could leave China than Mikel.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ujah is the only confirmed move. Where u get Nwakali to Porto story?
Kelechi's move is on Mark "you dirty rat" Rowland's website. http://www.goo.ga.gaga.liar :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ujah is the only confirmed move. Where u get Nwakali to Porto story?

https://goo.gl/c1iN3L
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

olu wrote:Mikel has won everything there is to win in England, don't see him moving back there unless an EPL team can match or exceed his high wages in China. Ighalo is getting paid pretty well in China too, it will be hard for an EPL team to lure him away. I do think, there is a greater chance that Ighalo could leave China than Mikel.

If Barca could woo Paulinho away, I do not see why a big English club cannot attract Mikel too. I am sure a side like Liverpool, Man City, Spurs or Arsenal can easily match what Mikel is getting paid in China.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:Mikel has won everything there is to win in England, don't see him moving back there unless an EPL team can match or exceed his high wages in China. Ighalo is getting paid pretty well in China too, it will be hard for an EPL team to lure him away. I do think, there is a greater chance that Ighalo could leave China than Mikel.

If Barca could woo Paulinho away, I do not see why a big English club cannot attract Mikel too. I am sure a side like Liverpool, Man City, Spurs or Arsenal can easily match what Mikel is getting paid in China.
Paulinho's case is a little different. He hasn't won anything in Europe yet, and struggled in the EPL, so he may have wanted to prove he can succeed in Europe by moving to Barca. It will take a lot of money to tempt Mikel to come back to the EPL, and think there are few EPL clubs willing to pay that much for an older DM.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo, your "Playmaker", Kelechi Nwakili, has dropped down a division and gone back to MVV Maastricht. Do you still think he will be ready for Russia 2018?
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Dammy wrote:Ayo, your "Playmaker", Kelechi Nwakili, has dropped down a division and gone back to MVV Maastricht. Do you still think he will be ready for Russia 2018?
Is that confirmed?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

It is confirmed.
I am happy
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote:Ayo, your "Playmaker", Kelechi Nwakili, has dropped down a division and gone back to MVV Maastricht. Do you still think he will be ready for Russia 2018?

Good move for him. He needs handlers that believe in him and his creative abilities,not easy for young African playmakers to get a shot to prove themselves. Suprsed they haven’t turned him into a DM like they did mikel.
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I coudnt help but read this and see a smile on your face. :lol:

Guess he is off Ayo's list for the World Cup.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Unfortunate Kelechi didn't get much playing time at Venlo. Hope this loan move to MVV is a stepping stone to bigger things. At the moment Iwobi is still my choice for our starting AM. Also at the moment, I would select Ajagun and Yahaya who has been playing consistently for Porto B before Kelechi.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Good move for him. He needs handlers that believe in him and his creative abilities,not easy for young African playmakers to get a shot to prove themselves. Suprsed they haven’t turned him into a DM like they did mikel.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

olu wrote:Unfortunate Kelechi didn't get much playing time at Venlo. Hope this loan move to MVV is a stepping stone to bigger things. At the moment Iwobi is still my choice for our starting AM. Also at the moment, I would select Ajagun and Yahaya who has been playing consistently for Porto B before Kelechi.

Musa Yahayavis now a RWB and Ajagun ain’t it. The choices are Mikel or 2dm and. Cm if mikel’s not available.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

danfo driver wrote:

You be witch? I have a wide smile on my face. We kept telling him the boy was not ready but he wasn't willing to listen. He is now confused and waiting for confirmation, hoping it is not true. :D :D
I am happy
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Dammy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

You be witch? I have a wide smile on my face. We kept telling him the boy was not ready but he wasn't willing to listen. He is now confused and waiting for confirmation, hoping it is not true. :D :D
I wish the boy would have moved on to another division 1 team, feel like he should be past division 2 by now. But oh well, good luck to him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Nwakali is still by far the most talented Nigerian playmaker out there at the moment. However, if indeed he is now playing in the Dutch second division, I think we can forget about takinf him to Russia.

Who do we replace him with? I think the only option we have is Alex Iwobi. Maybe have Abdul Ajagun as his backup. We are down to the bare bones!

I just hope Onyekuru recovers to offer more bite to our attack. Ighalo-Moses-Onyekuru-Iwobi appears to be our frontline. Targetman Ighalo, playmaker Iwobi and wide men Moses and Onyekuru with Mikel and Ndidi holding central midfield.

Will this be enough though? Hmmmmmm
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

olu wrote:Unfortunate Kelechi didn't get much playing time at Venlo. Hope this loan move to MVV is a stepping stone to bigger things. At the moment Iwobi is still my choice for our starting AM. Also at the moment, I would select Ajagun and Yahaya who has been playing consistently for Porto B before Kelechi.

Musa Yahayavis now a RWB and Ajagun ain’t it. The choices are Mikel or 2dm and. Cm if mikel’s not available.
Whatever happened to this Musa Yahaya? To me, he was one of the best players on that U-17 team!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Nwakali is still by far the most talented Nigerian playmaker out there at the moment. However, if indeed he is now playing in the Dutch second division, I think we can forget about takinf him to Russia.
No, you can forget about him going to Russia. Everyone else already knew he isn't ready. :lol: :lol:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Who do we replace him with? I think the only option we have is Alex Iwobi. Maybe have Abdul Ajagun as his backup. We are down to the bare bones!
Replace?! :lol: How can you replace somebody who wasn't even invited? :lol: :lol:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Mikel played as a DM for Chelsea, Shehu plays as a CM/DM for his club, and Aina plays as a RB for his club. All 3 players I mentioned play different positions for the SE from the ones they play at their clubs.

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

olu wrote:Mikel played as a DM for Chelsea, Shehu plays as a CM/DM for his club, and Aina plays as a RB for his club. All 3 players I mentioned play different positions for the SE from the ones they play at their clubs.

Aina has been playing as left back for his club.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.