I will rather play for Bristol than Arsenal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

GG of G
Egg
Egg
I will rather play for Bristol than Arsenal

Post by GG of G »

and most EPL team by the way. Of course, with the same pay. But you have to give it to the lads. They really gave Man city a run for their money. For a team assembled for so much money, and all EPL teams cowering in their presence, it took Championship side Bristol city to show the rest of the league that Man city is playable. I hope all the rest of the cowardly league takes a leaf from Bristol performance and "liver". Yes, I will rather play for such a team with the heart rather than some weakly ones from North London.

Good night everyone and sleep well.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I will rather play for Bristol than Arsenal

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ok
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:Ok

WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

GG of G wrote:and most EPL team by the way. Of course, with the same pay. But you have to give it to the lads. They really gave Man city a run for their money. For a team assembled for so much money, and all EPL teams cowering in their presence, it took Championship side Bristol city to show the rest of the league that Man city is playable. I hope all the rest of the cowardly league takes a leaf from Bristol performance and "liver". Yes, I will rather play for such a team with the heart rather than some weakly ones from North London.

This is a bit unfair to Arsenal because I remember that two games after they lost to City, they played the right game to beat City. Pressing high and collectively as a team.

Of course they couldn't sustain playing like that in all games and crucially, didn't have the right replacements once injuries set in.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

Kabalega wrote:
GG of G wrote:and most EPL team by the way. Of course, with the same pay. But you have to give it to the lads. They really gave Man city a run for their money. For a team assembled for so much money, and all EPL teams cowering in their presence, it took Championship side Bristol city to show the rest of the league that Man city is playable. I hope all the rest of the cowardly league takes a leaf from Bristol performance and "liver". Yes, I will rather play for such a team with the heart rather than some weakly ones from North London.

This is a bit unfair to Arsenal because I remember that two games after they lost to City, they played the right game to beat City. Pressing high and collectively as a team.

Of course they couldn't sustain playing like that in all games and crucially, didn't have the right replacements once injuries set in.
Fair point. :agree: But I hope whatever reincarnated Arsenal and other EPL teams comes out of these transfer windows - they all grow some balls and take the game to City and bring some life to the end of the season. :???:
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by toyin133 »

GG of G wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

Fair point. :agree: But I hope whatever reincarnated Arsenal and other EPL teams comes out of these transfer windows - they all grow some balls and take the game to City and bring some life to the end of the season. :???:
:lol: :lol: :lol: arsenal and balls in the same sentence
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

toyin133 wrote:
GG of G wrote:
Kabalega wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: arsenal and balls in the same sentence
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: didn't think of that
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Whats the record of the top 6 playing in Anfield. As we all know, you can only play against Man City like that in Anfield. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your response
Tfco.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ok, but you can give Bristol City credit without tossing shade at Arsenal and other teams.
Besides its not like Bristol City is currently tearing up the Championship (currently 5th).
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:

Whats the record of the top 6 playing in Anfield. As we all know, you can only play against Man City like that in Anfield. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for your response
Tfco.
ATEOTD Bristol lost

this argument / thread is lame, comparing a cup game to weekly league matchups.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf: