Arsenal 2 vs Chelski 1 FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Arsenal 2 vs Chelski 1 FT

Post by Tobi17 »

So how did Ozil perform?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Arsenal 2 vs Chelski 1

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:
Skylolo wrote:Well done Arsenal.....gritty.... :thumbs: :thumbs: On to Wembley as usual.

Some good performances all round, but Monreal and El Neny were wonderful for me.

Same two for me. In the 2nd half El Nenny started dropping in as a 3rd CB and the defense gained some stability.
The passing was more fluid.

Still a bit confused at why all those numerous chances at passes over the top were not taken. The linesmen were dodgy today too.
Spot on Bro, there were at least 2 situations where the offside calls were wrong...
To God be the glory
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

analyzer wrote:Damn!! Wenger must wish he played Conte's CFC every weekend. He has Conte's number on speed dial.

CFC's biggest mistake was switching to defensive mode after going ahead early. Game was not even 10 mins in and the team was defending so deep. Invited the unnecessary pressure that resulted in the corner for the equalizer. That I put on Conte.

Also feel bad for Rudiger. 2 silly goals off his deflection. Hope Willian is not out for long. Too many games in quick succession.

Kudos to Arsenal. Iwobi for me was Arsenal's most immense play. He played really well on both sides of the ball.
Even U loved Iwobi. But boy what are going to do about Moses? Agreat 1 v 1 player regressing in front of us.

And I think it was a bone headed move to bring in Ross that early and also to not have Musonda on the bench but 2 CBs and a RWB instead! Conte set himself up for failure.
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:Damn!! Wenger must wish he played Conte's CFC every weekend. He has Conte's number on speed dial.

CFC's biggest mistake was switching to defensive mode after going ahead early. Game was not even 10 mins in and the team was defending so deep. Invited the unnecessary pressure that resulted in the corner for the equalizer. That I put on Conte.

Also feel bad for Rudiger. 2 silly goals off his deflection. Hope Willian is not out for long. Too many games in quick succession.

Kudos to Arsenal. Iwobi for me was Arsenal's most immense play. He played really well on both sides of the ball.

Iwobi was good too but you cannot give away the ball like he did today, some dangerous sloppy passing. He held his own though, won the battle with VM
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Mo ENeny ... Mr. Underrated with another starring outing :clap: :clap: :clap:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
ojafranpa
Egg
Egg

Post by ojafranpa »

We beat Chelski. Where is green4life?
Make good thinking a priority so that you can make Godly placement a possibility.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Come on you gunners!! Tenacious performance against very formidable opponents.

The much-derided Arsene Wenger reaches yet another cup final, but it will be summarily dismissed.

Thank you, Monreal-Rudiger, and Xhaka-Rudiger.

On to the next game.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cally wrote:Come on you gunners!! Tenacious performance against very formidable opponents.

The much-derided Arsene Wenger reaches yet another cup final, but it will be summarily dismissed.

On to the next game.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

You are one wickid man
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Hahahahahaha talksport booked Wenger enemy Stu robson once again in anticipation of an arsenal loss and once again nyash don open for them :rotf: :rotf: now they are making it about Chelshyt rather than giving arsenal credit :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Thanks guys ! good job !!.

Thank you.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

#ConteOut
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Ugbowo wrote:

Even U loved Iwobi. But boy what are going to do about Moses? Agreat 1 v 1 player regressing in front of us.

And I think it was a bone headed move to bring in Ross that early and also to not have Musonda on the bench but 2 CBs and a RWB instead! Conte set himself up for failure.
Omo, I was very impressed with Iwobi. Moses did beat him once or twice but Iwobi stamped his presence as game worn on. Hardly put a foot wrong. I got to praise our SE player.

The Barkley move was that lack of trust Conte has in Bats. Bats cannot play back to goal. Even Hazard does a better job back to goal.. but it was clear Barkley could not play as one of the front 3. Not enough practice time with rest of team.. Clearly, Bats was more of a plan B (in 2H) and Conte was determined to keep it that way. I wonder if he could have used Bats closer to how he used him last weekend.

Honestly, I thought the team played well given recent performances. Just 2 very stupid goals that I cannot really fault any individual player. I just wished the team did not auto result to defensive mode after scoring. Started well and should have maintained that momentum well into 1H. Also, Bakayoko looks a more solid player in a 2 man MF than 3..

Just glad don't have to see Arsenal again this season. Might as well mark Conte-Wenger matches as a draw or loss to CFC .. How the mighty have fallen.. :taunt: :taunt:
Last edited by analyzer on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Arsenal just pay dirtmund what they are asking and wrap up abu Biko

MLK.
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

3 biggest factors in the game.

1. Lady luck. Finally Arsenal recipient of footballs gods favor on key goals, in big game

2. Wilan injury was a definite game changer as Barkley is trash.

3. Conte arch nemesis..AW's back 3. AW truly is Conte's daddy.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

balo wrote:#ConteOut
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Skylolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Skylolo »

platinum wrote:
Cally wrote:Come on you gunners!! Tenacious performance against very formidable opponents.

On to the next game.

You are one wickid man
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
To God be the glory
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

balo wrote:#ConteOut

Our no longer so secret agent keep up the good work and destabilize these blue women :taunt:
Last edited by anikulapo on Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MLK.
bouncino
Egg
Egg

Post by bouncino »

Good spirited performance
Xhaka may have scored but he did not add much to the game.
Looks like giving away the ball was not the birthright of Alexis Sanchez. Starting to look like team culture.
How many times did Arsenal players aimlessly give away the ball today. Something the coaches need to seriously work on.
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Don't know how Conte keeps his job. If na the same Abramovich, Conte is officially a gunner...sorry, goner
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

analyzer wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:

Omo, I was very impressed with Iwobi. Moses did beat him once or twice but Iwobi stamped his presence as game worn on. Hardly put a foot wrong. I got to praise our SE player.

The Barkley move was that lack of trust Conte has in Bats. Bats cannot play back to goal. Even Hazard does a better job back to goal.. but it was clear Barkley could not play as one of the front 3. Not enough practice time with rest of team.. Clearly, Bats was more of a plan B (in 2H) and Conte was determined to keep it that way. I wonder if he could have used Bats closer to how he used him last weekend.

Honestly, I thought the team played well given recent performances. Just 2 very stupid goals that I cannot really fault any individual player. I just wished the team did not auto result to defensive mode after scoring. Started well and should have maintained that momentum well into 1H. Also, Bakayoko looks a more solid player in a 2 man MF than 3..

Just glad don't have to see Arsenal again this season. Might as well mark Conte-Wenger matches as a draw or loss to CFC .. How the mighty have fallen.. :taunt: :taunt:
Cheii!! Chelsea fans scared at the sight of Arsenal! WOW! never know I'll see the day! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

Skylolo wrote:
platinum wrote:

On to the next game.

You are one wickid man
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin:
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'