15yr Old 9ja "Child" Striker debuts at CHAN...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: 15yr Old 9ja "Child" Striker debuts at CHAN...

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Gotti wrote:
olu wrote:It's not impossible, but it's hard for me to believe he is truly 15. If he is really 15, or at least not over 19, being selected as one of the best players in the country at such a young age is no small feat. Let's see how he develops.
But I bet it won't be so hard for you to believe that this 'Nigerian' is 17... :D

Gotti, you dey mind them..?

This debate keeps recurring...

How some of us are able to "deduce age from physical features" astounds me...

I can confirm I looked older than that Nura pic when I was 15...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
olu wrote:It's not impossible, but it's hard for me to believe he is truly 15. If he is really 15, or at least not over 19, being selected as one of the best players in the country at such a young age is no small feat. Let's see how he develops.
But I bet it won't be so hard for you to believe that this 'Nigerian' is 17... :D

He looks 17.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

1naija wrote:
Life as a CNQ (CanNot Qualify) must be horrible. At least DNQ citizens knows what playing at the WC feels like.
Senior Uncle 1naija, you got it wrong oh! Ah-ah? How can? Where it concerns Kenyans, it is not CanNot Qualify now; it is CanNEVER Qualify.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I agree there's no clear cut way to deduce age by just looks, but the reality is age falsification in soccer has been rampant in Africa for many years now. Any one who is honest will find that hard to deny. It does appear that now more than any time I can recollect, we seem to be fielding players that look close to their listed ages. This may be due to the NFF's emphasis on youth development and the MRI scans for U17 players. My concern with the MRI scans though is whether there is the possibility of players below 17 failing the scan.
FATHER TIKO wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Gotti, you dey mind them..?

This debate keeps recurring...

How some of us are able to "deduce age from physical features" astounds me...

I can confirm I looked older than that Nura pic when I was 15...
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Just curious here...
1. Is senior national team selection based on age or skill-sets?
2. Is it possible for a 15 year old to be good enough to make it to the national team?
3. Why is it hard to believe that this kid is 15? Too good to be 15?
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Gotti wrote:

At least 26.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

This boy is not 15...........Enough of this nonsense already.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Lukaku age 13:

I refrain from an opinion before the MRI scans for the U17 World Cup, but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

marutimon wrote:I refrain from an opinion before the MRI scans for the U17 World Cup, but for now I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
According to Shehu Dikko, he will NOT be in the U17 team if he is good enough for the HB SE...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:He looks 17.
Is that because you believe that YOU 'look' 18? :D
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL