Nigeria v Serbia is at The Hive in Barnet

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Nigeria v Serbia is at The Hive in Barnet

Post by cic old boy »

I will be at Mama Calabar 90 – 92 High Street, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 7HF around 6pm for a warm up session b/4 the game and a warm down session after the game.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
papilo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
papilo wrote:This new generation of naija kids in London are not eagles fans. I even heard some naija kids say they went to the Nigeria vs Senegal game at the Hive last year just to watch Mane play. In the early 2000s, we used to play at Charlton Athletic's ground and at Upton Park and always had a full house. Now we can't even fill up the Hive. Unfortunately most of us that were around in the early 2000s have relocated. I bet Wembley will be filled with naija fans for the England game.
I still maintain that games like this have to be properly sold to the UK public. You are not going to expect young men and women, youths, mothers to carry themselves to a stadium in Barnett on a cold Tuesday night to watch football.
Meanwhile we have at least FOUR Nigerian TV stations in the UK - Channels TV, TVC News, Nollywood TV and Iroko TV and I can bet you NONE of them have been approached with ads for the game.

Bad timing and bad venue for everyone except die hard soccer fans.
Nigerians will attend properly timed games in large numbers but you just have to make the game 'sexy' to families and women which isn't hard at all.

It wasn't particularly hard for me to get my sisters, daughters, niece and a couple of female friends to attend the game v Italy in ?Fulham some years ago and that was also a cold weekday night. Nigerians are interested but the games have to be properly sold to them.
Assuming they will just turn up is stupid and lazy.
Well, true fans do not care about this which justifies my point that eagles fans are not there anymore. You want to tell me that if we were playing Argentina on the same day at the same venue the stadium won't be full? If the England vs Nigeria game was at the Hive and Nigeria vs Serbia was at Wembley, I am sure we'd have more naija fans at the Hive than in Wembley.
Papillo, you may be right, you may be wrong but we wil never know until a proper attempt is made to 'sell' a match.

I remember the Nig v Jamaica games which always seemed to be in the summer season and during the day. It was always a celebration of colour and culture and the only area the Jamaicans outshone us was in the 'babes' dept because their women went 'all out' (in more ways than one) for the game. :D
One of the times we met in a friendly, the game was played somewhere abroad but a huge viewing centre was set up which I attended - it was again packed with Nigerians and Jamaicans.
In France '98, Nigerians full there.... driving overnight back and forth from the UK to the games in France.

My point is, it is premature for you to conclude 'the fans are not there' because it appears these issues are not a problem in the US where they sell these games better and make them family-friendly.
The male dominated UK 'football' culture is very different from the US (family-friendly) 'soccer' culture and to get Nigerians in huge numbers attending football games here needs a marketing rethink. The two societies are different too.
I just think the marketers are not being creative and are not willing to make the required financial outlay.

When the BBC or SKY start their WC TV campaigns and you see how they set the pulses racing with their packaging of the teams, nobody will beg you to start looking for TV schedules or even tickets for your team like a mad man. There have been build-up promos for the Super Eagles done by the BBC in the past that have been absolutely spectacular. Why have we not started doing it for ourselves to sell our team and sell tickets, merchandise etc?. There just seems to be a lack of creativity.

Give me a budget and I will sell the team to Nigerians including your grand mama easy peasy! :D
The issue is obviously poor or non-existent marketing strategy (on the promotion side). I don't know who the match organisers are but it appears they are not really bothered about making money. I know what my guys who used to organise the Nigeria v Jamaica, Nigeria v Ireland games had to go through to reach Nigerians. The marketing was huge and yet they struggled to get 5,000 Nigerians to each of those games. And it is much easier in a world-cup year. I really hope they wake up.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

cic old boy wrote:I will be at Mama Calabar 90 – 92 High Street, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 7HF around 6pm for a warm up session b/4 the game and a warm down session after the game.
hehehe... you and alcohol! Na wa o! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

danfo driver wrote: hehehe... you and alcohol! Na wa o! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Damunk wrote:
papilo wrote:
Damunk wrote:
papilo wrote:This new generation of naija kids in London are not eagles fans. I even heard some naija kids say they went to the Nigeria vs Senegal game at the Hive last year just to watch Mane play. In the early 2000s, we used to play at Charlton Athletic's ground and at Upton Park and always had a full house. Now we can't even fill up the Hive. Unfortunately most of us that were around in the early 2000s have relocated. I bet Wembley will be filled with naija fans for the England game.
I still maintain that games like this have to be properly sold to the UK public. You are not going to expect young men and women, youths, mothers to carry themselves to a stadium in Barnett on a cold Tuesday night to watch football.
Meanwhile we have at least FOUR Nigerian TV stations in the UK - Channels TV, TVC News, Nollywood TV and Iroko TV and I can bet you NONE of them have been approached with ads for the game.

Bad timing and bad venue for everyone except die hard soccer fans.
Nigerians will attend properly timed games in large numbers but you just have to make the game 'sexy' to families and women which isn't hard at all.

It wasn't particularly hard for me to get my sisters, daughters, niece and a couple of female friends to attend the game v Italy in ?Fulham some years ago and that was also a cold weekday night. Nigerians are interested but the games have to be properly sold to them.
Assuming they will just turn up is stupid and lazy.
Well, true fans do not care about this which justifies my point that eagles fans are not there anymore. You want to tell me that if we were playing Argentina on the same day at the same venue the stadium won't be full? If the England vs Nigeria game was at the Hive and Nigeria vs Serbia was at Wembley, I am sure we'd have more naija fans at the Hive than in Wembley.
Papillo, you may be right, you may be wrong but we wil never know until a proper attempt is made to 'sell' a match.

I remember the Nig v Jamaica games which always seemed to be in the summer season and during the day. It was always a celebration of colour and culture and the only area the Jamaicans outshone us was in the 'babes' dept because their women went 'all out' (in more ways than one) for the game. :D
One of the times we met in a friendly, the game was played somewhere abroad but a huge viewing centre was set up which I attended - it was again packed with Nigerians and Jamaicans.
In France '98, Nigerians full there.... driving overnight back and forth from the UK to the games in France.

My point is, it is premature for you to conclude 'the fans are not there' because it appears these issues are not a problem in the US where they sell these games better and make them family-friendly.
The male dominated UK 'football' culture is very different from the US (family-friendly) 'soccer' culture and to get Nigerians in huge numbers attending football games here needs a marketing rethink. The two societies are different too.
I just think the marketers are not being creative and are not willing to make the required financial outlay.

When the BBC or SKY start their WC TV campaigns and you see how they set the pulses racing with their packaging of the teams, nobody will beg you to start looking for TV schedules or even tickets for your team like a mad man. There have been build-up promos for the Super Eagles done by the BBC in the past that have been absolutely spectacular. Why have we not started doing it for ourselves to sell our team and sell tickets, merchandise etc?. There just seems to be a lack of creativity.

Give me a budget and I will sell the team to Nigerians including your grand mama easy peasy! :D
Perfectly put bruv :clap:
The Nig vs Jamaica game at Loftus road was one of my most enjoyable experiences at a football game. Its definitely a marketing problem as apart from on CE I haven't seen any sort of marketing for the game.
Very poor...
YNWA
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cic old boy wrote:I will be at Mama Calabar 90 – 92 High Street, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 7HF around 6pm for a warm up session b/4 the game and a warm down session after the game.
Which area you dey? I wan buy ticket now.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

aruako1 wrote:
West Stand D, seat P77
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

cic old boy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
West Stand D, seat P77
I never buy ticket, just land from naija yesterday.
I will drive down tomorrow to buy my ticket. The cold no go easy o.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cic old boy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
West Stand D, seat P77
Just got my ticket. I'm right behind you.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

aruako1 wrote:Just got my ticket. I'm right behind you.
Nice one. Are you coming to Mama Cal b/4 the game?
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Sir V wrote:I never buy ticket, just land from naija yesterday.
I will drive down tomorrow to buy my ticket. The cold no go easy o.
It won't be as cold as the last 2 days. 8-14C on Tuesday.
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by skillful »

Guys any parking facilities?
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

cic old boy wrote:
aruako1 wrote:Just got my ticket. I'm right behind you.
Nice one. Are you coming to Mama Cal b/4 the game?
Yes I will.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I will be there.
West Stand

Go Super Eagleeees!!!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

skillful wrote:Guys any parking facilities?
You can park in the stadium
Oya back to the matter
open and close
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Prince wrote:
skillful wrote:Guys any parking facilities?
You can park in the stadium
Yes there is paid parking on site
there are also free parking around the area from 6.30pm but can be extremely busy and difficult to find space if you leave too late.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Chai work yab man. I wanted to be at this game.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Ugbowo wrote:Chai work yab man. I wanted to be at this game.

On a Tuesday, around mid day, for Houston? I’ll pass, I have more exciting things going on at that time 8-)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

scholl wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:Chai work yab man. I wanted to be at this game.

On a Tuesday, around mid day, for Houston? I’ll pass, I have more exciting things going on at that time 8-)
just take a long lunch or create a meeting somewhere. :D
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Goldleaf wrote:I will be there.
West Stand

Go Super Eagleeees!!!
am there too - south side standing :biggrin: na same match we go watch
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:
Their brokeazzness is legendary.

The Queen taxes the bijesus out of them.

Leaving little or no disposable income.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:

I guess we will see you at Barnet then. There are direct flights from Dulles and Baltimore to Heathrow.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

aruako1 wrote:
Cellular wrote:

I guess we will see you at Barnet then. There are direct flights from Dulles and Baltimore to Heathrow.
Bros. It is not a competition. It is a fact. Folks don’t have disposable income in Jand.

As for flying to Eagles games.

Make una way dey 5-6 hours from Naija try coming home once a while. Some of yous haven't left the Queen since Nineteen kpridim.

But any day una grow liver wan tok about disposable income to come follow Super Eagles. Make una carry come.

Rat way follow lizard dance for rain no get a sense.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!