Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:09 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 56584
joao wrote:
Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?

Fact-free comment. Where is your proof?

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27741
joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?

Record shows nothing. London/England is football land. Unlike Yankee where the Calvary is waiting for a game every 10 years to show face. Nigerians attend football matches every week in their club colors.
You can't exempt the cost of promoting the game which also include policing. If you want to pack any stadium you'll have to promote it and a Nigeria game doesn't even need Nigerians to be packed. Locals would show up.
If you want the bigger stadium then expect more planning and spending. Policing don't come cheap. Getting premier league money is not the same as privately organized international

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54169
Location: United Kingdom
Our fans in the UK have not supported the team as they should. Very shameful if you ask me.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14638
Location: UK
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!


Expect at least 25,000 Nigerians to attend the England match.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:57 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28506
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Expect at least 25,000 Nigerians to attend the England match.

With more than half of them supporting England... :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 3162
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
cic old boy wrote:
joao wrote:
Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?

Fact-free comment. Where is your proof?

I know it is hard for you to imagine but here in Texas the few times the SE had showed up,
Nigerians and fans from other nationalities can be seen with the 'green-white-green' flags and
face paintings loudly supporting the team. Compare that to images from London showing just you
and a few other guys spread and out surrounded by empty spaces, wearing EPL club shirts and
looking disinterested.

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 3162
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
pajimoh wrote:
joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?

Record shows nothing. London/England is football land. Unlike Yankee where the Calvary is waiting for a game every 10 years to show face.
Nigerians attend football matches every week in their club colors.
You can't exempt the cost of promoting the game which also include policing. If you want to pack any stadium you'll have to promote it and a Nigeria game doesn't even need Nigerians to be packed. Locals would show up.
If you want the bigger stadium then expect more planning and spending. Policing don't come cheap. Getting premier league money is not the same as privately organized international

Seems like a soft excuse. For all the bragging coming from you guys in England, the SE showing up whenever should sell out
within days. True, we here in the US only get a few SE matches once in a while, but I want to bet that with time we will be getting
more due to the way we have shown support. You 'Englander' Naijas just love to bray about the EPL and your clubs while we here
in the US are true fans of the game itself.

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:50 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14638
Location: UK
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Expect at least 25,000 Nigerians to attend the England match.

With more than half of them supporting England... :lol: :lol: :lol:


:lol: Are you coming to watch the Serbia match?

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 27741
joao wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?

Record shows nothing. London/England is football land. Unlike Yankee where the Calvary is waiting for a game every 10 years to show face.
Nigerians attend football matches every week in their club colors.
You can't exempt the cost of promoting the game which also include policing. If you want to pack any stadium you'll have to promote it and a Nigeria game doesn't even need Nigerians to be packed. Locals would show up.
If you want the bigger stadium then expect more planning and spending. Policing don't come cheap. Getting premier league money is not the same as privately organized international

Seems like a soft excuse. For all the bragging coming from you guys in England, the SE showing up whenever should sell out
within days. True, we here in the US only get a few SE matches once in a while, but I want to bet that with time we will be getting
more due to the way we have shown support. You 'Englander' Naijas just love to bray about the EPL and your clubs while we here
in the US are true fans of the game itself.

Soft excuse to you. You think because you come to CE, all Nigerians in the UK come to CE. Many have not even heard of CE. If you don't promote the match, many would not know. I remember only seeing flyers in shops when Nigeria used to play in England. The match doesn't only need gate attendance, how about live streaming? Many might not be able to attend but can log on.
The same people who make noise about UK peeps will be looking for free links when they should be paying to promote the effort of those who have invested in Nigeria matches

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 4792
Location: Ajegunle
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:


Correction: Nigerians have far more important priorities other than watching a meaningless friendly on a cold night in March.

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:20 am
Posts: 28506
Sir V wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Expect at least 25,000 Nigerians to attend the England match.

With more than half of them supporting England... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Are you coming to watch the Serbia match?

Yes, I go dey ground...

_________________
#BRINGBACKALLOURGIRLS#


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 56584
joao wrote:
I know it is hard for you to imagine but here in Texas the few times the SE had showed up,
Nigerians and fans from other nationalities can be seen with the 'green-white-green' flags and
face paintings loudly supporting the team. Compare that to images from London showing just you
and a few other guys spread and out surrounded by empty spaces, wearing EPL club shirts and
looking disinterested.

Unlike you, I work with facts and not figments of your imagination. I asked you to provide evidence that there were "at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance" at the match in Houston. I knew you doid't have any evidence b/c you pulled out 20,000 Nigerians from your arse.

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 28, 2004 10:44 am
Posts: 3222
Checked online tickets are not on sale. The Hive website has no information/promotion on the match I take it is down to Cybereagles to promote the match? And people will complain when Nigeria play in an empty stadium.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5295
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
I'll be coming from Texas for this one. Gotti et al, make una put me for mind o.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:07 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14638
Location: UK
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Sir V wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there. This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Expect at least 25,000 Nigerians to attend the England match.

With more than half of them supporting England... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Are you coming to watch the Serbia match?

Yes, I go dey ground...


Cool. We can meet up at the Nigerian restaurant before or after the match.

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:16 am
Posts: 3162
Location: Cut-N-Shoot, TX
cic old boy wrote:
joao wrote:
I know it is hard for you to imagine but here in Texas the few times the SE had showed up,
Nigerians and fans from other nationalities can be seen with the 'green-white-green' flags and
face paintings loudly supporting the team. Compare that to images from London showing just you
and a few other guys spread and out surrounded by empty spaces, wearing EPL club shirts and
looking disinterested.

Unlike you, I work with facts and not figments of your imagination. I asked you to provide evidence that there were "at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance" at the match in Houston. I knew you doid't have any evidence b/c you pulled out 20,000 Nigerians from your arse.

Ok, talking about facts, how many strands of hair are on your arse?
Just the facts, please. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
Though religion is a concept that simply can not be ignored. The fact that a deity could
stand idly by while one of his creations slaughters another simply in his name, is a mystery I
doubt theologists would dare touch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 6:56 pm
Posts: 4665
Location: The Wood and Alaba Market
DIMKA76 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:


Correction: Nigerians have far more important priorities other than watching a meaningless friendly on a cold night in March.


is it possible to block all live links to those in London that do not want to attend because of cold weather :biggrin:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:14 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 40352
Is this confirmed abeg?

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 4792
Location: Ajegunle
walesvilla wrote:
DIMKA76 wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Stadium will be empty because Nigerians in London are too cheap to pay for tix. SE will be lucky to sell 2000 tix to Nigerians in London . :laugh:


Correction: Nigerians have far more important priorities other than watching a meaningless friendly on a cold night in March.


is it possible to block all live links to those in London that do not want to attend because of cold weather :biggrin:


:lol: :lol: :lol: See trouble maker

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2004 8:05 pm
Posts: 4186
Don't forget Nigerians in the UK in general are broke while those in the US have money.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:32 pm
Posts: 396
joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?


It is a Nigerian disease (especially those in the diaspora). They do not take anything seriously. Nigerians are only interested in showing off. When it comes to supporting the national teams, they lack the passion and commitment. I was i Miami in 2012 for the game vs Venezuela and was disappointed to see a handful of Nigeria supporters (some wearing Agbada to a soccer game) in a city that boasts of thousands of Nigerians. Same hapenned in Jacksonville in 2014 and Atlanta. Please there were no 20000 Nigerians in Houston for the game. Most Nigerians don't stand for anything, they don't care for anything. They are interested in chasing money foolishly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:59 pm
Posts: 56584
I don buy my ticket. Unless, anyone has a better idea, the usual suspects can meet at Spoons b/4 and after the match.
http://africanspoons.com/

_________________
Image
http://www.naijiant.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 35753
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Ahidjo wrote:
joao wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
It is totally unacceptable that Nigeria’s games in London are not always sold out. We should be getting a minimum of 20,000 whenever the Eagles play there.
This just shows how unserious we are as a people!

Please stop generalizing. Nigerians do support the SE her in the US.
Nigeria played Mexico in Houston, The 65,000 venue was sold out and there are at least 20,000 SE fans in attendance.
Records show that Nigerians in England are passive about attending SE matches, but you keep clamoring for the team
to schedule a game there. Thus, what's your point?


It is a Nigerian disease (especially those in the diaspora). They do not take anything seriously. Nigerians are only interested in showing off. When it comes to supporting the national teams, they lack the passion and commitment. I was i Miami in 2012 for the game vs Venezuela and was disappointed to see a handful of Nigeria supporters (some wearing Agbada to a soccer game) in a city that boasts of thousands of Nigerians. Same hapenned in Jacksonville in 2014 and Atlanta. Please there were no 20000 Nigerians in Houston for the game. Most Nigerians don't stand for anything, they don't care for anything. They are interested in chasing money foolishly.


Yep, when I went to the Greece game in Philly, only a handful of Nigerians as well, majority of fans were greek. Its just funny when Barca and Real come to US during the summer you see boys rushing to buy tickets, but when SE is around its a different story.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jette1, okuns, zee and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group