IHEANACHO (x2) and NDIDI SCORE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: IHEANACHO (x2) and NDIDI SCORE

Post by wale1974 »

Even Diabate started ahead of Musa......................Musa should go out on loan please.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iheanacho cannot play as a targetman for the Eagles. He simply cannot hold the ball up.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

john12 wrote:I have heard it all. Ameobi as a number 9 ahead of iheanacho because he knows how to hold the ball. Ayo you’re a comedian. A striker main responsibilities is to score goals or create chances his main responsibilities is not to hold the ball. As yourself if the likes of ronaldo, Henry, van nisterooy, pele are all goalscoring strikers and not holding the ball players. Nonsense!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Another good day at the office by Nacho. More performances like this one and it will be hard fpr Puel to keep him off the pitch in more competitive games. Things are trending positively for him with Slimani looking likely to be sold this window and Ulloa agreeing a loan move to Brighton
Niente Ÿ impossibile!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

jdizzy wrote:Another good day at the office by Nacho. More performances like this one and it will be hard fpr Puel to keep him off the pitch in more competitive games. Things are trending positively for him with Slimani looking likely to be sold this window and Ulloa agreeing a loan move to Brighton
:clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Please Ayo stop embarrassing yourself...
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote:Yup.
They were pitchside though, not in the studio.
Owen was saying that both he and his co-pundit Robbie Savage "were shouting pass! pass!" when Nacho had possession of the ball, obviously believing it to be the easier and more sensible option.
I don't think they were wrong to believe so, but Nacho proved them wrong with his exquisite finish.

Its pretty guaranteed that everyone would have blamed him for not passing if he hadn't scored because it was the far more likely option to result in a goal. Watch the video.
But it demonstrated Nacho's self-belief that he went for goal from such a difficult angle and scored.

Owens said "4 out of 5 times he wouldn't score that goal"
Savage jokingly replied saying "what if he scores 5 out of 5 times?"
The annoying Git continued to insist that Kele was wrong not to pass - even after he scored...
As if there was any guarantee that Harvey Barnes (who put about every foot wrong) would have scored.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:Thank you my people you have found your voice and replied the Cybereagles Buffoon!!!!!

Because of his like a Sola Ameobi has a World Cup appearance on. his CV while our very own Ike Uche top scorer in qualifying was dropped not for footballing reasons.

The cybereagles Buffoon wants us to repeat the same thing over again and drop Nacho in favour of Brown Ideye because he can hold the ball.he also want Joe Obi to play left back and some kid that does see action to play in our midfield @ the World Cup. But you my people have shut him up.
Non-football reasons? Bros, Uche royally sucked at ANC 2013...
Frankly would/should have taken Brown Ideye to that WC over him.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Damunk wrote:
anointed wrote:Is it true that Michael Owen criticized Kele for scoring 'instead of passing' the ball? Anyone saw the studio analyses?

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/27/en ... -teammate/
Yup.
They were pitchside though, not in the studio.
Owen was saying that both he and his co-pundit Robbie Savage "were shouting pass! pass!" when Nacho had possession of the ball, obviously believing it to be the easier and more sensible option.
I don't think they were wrong to believe so, but Nacho proved them wrong with his exquisite finish.

Its pretty guaranteed that everyone would have blamed him for not passing if he hadn't scored because it was the far more likely option to result in a goal. Watch the video.
But it demonstrated Nacho's self-belief that he went for goal from such a difficult angle and scored.

Owens said "4 out of 5 times he wouldn't score that goal"
Savage jokingly replied saying "what if he scores 5 out of 5 times?"
Owen obviously doesn't know anything about Nacho. That is a typical Nacho goal.

4/5 times he scores that!
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iheanacho cannot play as a targetman for the Eagles. He simply cannot hold the ball up.

Why all the aggression towards Ayo on this statement? I hardly ever agree with anything he says but the point is valid. It's not using his talents to the optimum by drawing up a game plan with Kele playing as a target man. It's ridiculous, so why all the anger. Ighalo is a perfect player for that role.

Kele is an incredible poacher and can set up goals as well when paired with a striking partner. Playing him as a lone striker to try and bring others in to the game with hold up play is like asking a Ferrari to do the work of a Land Rover. Cmon people relax abeg
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Anikulapo both you and ayo are not speaking on reasoning. With all due respect, a striker main responsibility is to score goals and assists any other qualities are jara.kelechi has proven that if you create chances for him, he would score. So why are you guys bent on saying his not a “top 9”? His best traits at man city and super eagles has been finishing chances so I don’t get you guys keep saying that kelechi cannot play as a lone forward. My question to you 2
1, would you rather a striker hold the ball exceptionally but doesn’t score Ie heskey, ideye
Or
2, you will rather a striker score goals but cannot hold the ball exceptionally like Ronaldo, Henry, pele, batistuta??
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Kongi I don’t trust ighalo with scoring chances because he misses too much. Iheanacho is still my top 9 with ighalo as his back up. However, I respect the coach decision
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Onyekuru Iheanacho Iwobi should lead Naija attack.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

john12 wrote:Anikulapo both you and ayo are not speaking on reasoning. With all due respect, a striker main responsibility is to score goals and assists any other qualities are jara.kelechi has proven that if you create chances for him, he would score. So why are you guys bent on saying his not a “top 9”? His best traits at man city and super eagles has been finishing chances so I don’t get you guys keep saying that kelechi cannot play as a lone forward. My question to you 2
1, would you rather a striker hold the ball exceptionally but doesn’t score Ie heskey, ideye
Or
2, you will rather a striker score goals but cannot hold the ball exceptionally like Ronaldo, Henry, pele, batistuta??

Wow so this is what your interpretations of my comments has led you to? You know what never mind ... carry on there’s no point of me belaboring this ... Cheers
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Onyekuru Iheanacho Iwobi should lead Naija attack.
You should know better than this. Very naive and shallow analysis, jumping on the bandwagon and getting carried away by the spur of the moment.
Last edited by Ayo Akinfe on Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I would start Kelechi vs Croatia and Ighalo vs iceland.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Thank you my people you have found your voice and replied the Cybereagles Buffoon!!!!!

Because of his like a Sola Ameobi has a World Cup appearance on. his CV while our very own Ike Uche top scorer in qualifying was dropped not for footballing reasons.

The cybereagles Buffoon wants us to repeat the same thing over again and drop Nacho in favour of Brown Ideye because he can hold the ball.he also want Joe Obi to play left back and some kid that does see action to play in our midfield @ the World Cup. But you my people have shut him up.
Non-football reasons? Bros, Uche royally sucked at ANC 2013...
Frankly would/should have taken Brown Ideye to that WC over him.
I would have taken both! Ike may have been in poor form @ANC 2013 but the saying. Is form is temporary but class is permanent. I would have had no issue if the replacements had been better than Ike but seeing Sola and Uchebo makes my blood boil.