IHEANACHO (x2) and NDIDI SCORE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: IHEANACHO (x2) and NDIDI SCORE

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Iheanacho cannot play as a targetman for the Eagles. He simply cannot hold the ball up.
You care more about having your back to goal than scoring goals. You'd rather have Ameobi starting than Iheanacho.

Ameobi can play that role far better than Iheanacho. If you cannot hold the ball up you cannot create chances, so having a finisher on the pitch is pointless.

You and I know that come the World Cup, the defenders the Eagles will be up against will be five classes above those who play for Petersbrough. It is naive to think that there will be a plethora of chances created and Kelechi just has to show up and knock them in.

In Russia, chances will be at a premium, maybe two or three per game. They need to be carefully carved out and having good hold-up play is essential to this.
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

Thank God we have played in WCs before now. The way Ayo is portraying WC games you would think only Angels play these matches! Damn!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I have heard it all. Ameobi as a number 9 ahead of iheanacho because he knows how to hold the ball. Ayo you’re a comedian. A striker main responsibilities is to score goals or create chances his main responsibilities is not to hold the ball. As yourself if the likes of ronaldo, Henry, van nisterooy, pele are all goalscoring strikers and not holding the ball players. Nonsense!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

what’s the essence of holding the ball as a striker if you cannot score goals or assist? Your responsibility as a striker is to score goals or create chances anything contrary are extra. Kelechi records for super eagles speaks volume his records are 8 in 13 and that’s the best number 9 for super eagles
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

john12 wrote:what’s the essence of holding the ball as a striker if you cannot score goals or assist? Your responsibility as a striker is to score goals or create chances anything contrary are extra. Kelechi records for super eagles speaks volume his records are 8 in 13 and that’s the best number 9 for super eagles

How do you score goals when the team does not create chances?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...good match today from our boys vs a clueless star-struck side. Iheanacho use them chop okra soup.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
john12 wrote:what’s the essence of holding the ball as a striker if you cannot score goals or assist? Your responsibility as a striker is to score goals or create chances anything contrary are extra. Kelechi records for super eagles speaks volume his records are 8 in 13 and that’s the best number 9 for super eagles

We haven't had problems creating chances when Kelechi has played.

We did, however, have problems when we played with true targetmen at the last world Cup (Emenike and Ameobi).
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Shownoja wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Goal 1

Goal 2
That second goal was sublime. I think he has finally settled and is looking very fit indeed. It beats me why someone will say he is not a centre forward.
Thanks!

Do you have the Ndidi goal?

We are winning this WC!!!!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

We did, however, have problems when we played with true targetmen at the last world Cup (Emenike and Ameobi).

You go see say chances dey hard to come by against big teams at the World Cup. Ameobi had no problems creating chances against Italy in a friendly. Come the real deal, Croatia, Iceland and Argentina will be extremely difficult to break down!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

You go see say chances dey hard to come by against big teams at the World Cup. Ameobi had no problems creating chances against Italy in a friendly. Come the real deal, Croatia, Iceland and Argentina will be extremely difficult to break down!
Stop messing up threads celebrating our players. Go to the Croatia, Iceland and Argentina forum and tell them how great they are. I am sure they will appreciate it more!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

And we scored 4 vs Argentina. Iheanacho was involved in 3 of them.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

1naija wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

Goal 2
That second goal was sublime. I think he has finally settled and is looking very fit indeed. It beats me why someone will say he is not a centre forward.
Thanks!

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Is it true that Michael Owen criticized Kele for scoring 'instead of passing' the ball? Anyone saw the studio analyses?

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/27/en ... -teammate/
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

anointed wrote:Is it true that Michael Owen criticized Kele for scoring 'instead of passing' the ball? Anyone saw the studio analyses?

He should focus his criticisms on his countryman Vardy, who is hands down the most selfish striker I have ever watched.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

For real, our attack should be built around Iheanacho. He will score bagfuls of goals at the WC if we do.

Another point is that his playing time (and also Mikel's Iwobi's, Moses' etc) during the upcoming friendlies should be strictly limited. We no wan injury o!

Wha choo looking at?!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:

The same way we scored 4 against mascherano and otamendi, without Moses ans Ighalo. I rather score four goals without a lump holding up the ball, than struggle to score 1 goal just to have your 35 year old lump standing there, talking about “I am holding the ball up!”
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Hold the ball my Nyash my guy must be living in 1950’s a period of huff and puff. We need a goal scorer upfront and kelechi seems to be it. He must continue at that position until he stops scoring
Last edited by john12 on Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Hold the ball my Nyash my guy must be living in 1950’s a period of huff and puff. We need a goal scorer upfront and keep hi seems to be it. He must continue at that position until he stops scoring

Ayo loves Archaic football
OCCUPY NFF!!
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Thank you my people you have found your voice and replied the Cybereagles Buffoon!!!!!

Because of his like a Sola Ameobi has a World Cup appearance on. his CV while our very own Ike Uche top scorer in qualifying was dropped not for footballing reasons.

The cybereagles Buffoon wants us to repeat the same thing over again and drop Nacho in favour of Brown Ideye because he can hold the ball.he also want Joe Obi to play left back and some kid that does see action to play in our midfield @ the World Cup. But you my people have shut him up.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Synopsis wrote:
1naija wrote:
Shownoja wrote:

Goal 2
Thanks!

Thanks!
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Good to see Nacho's confidence soaring.
Playing consistent 1st team football for the FA Cup has definately helped him.

I hope the coach doesnt screw with this FA cup lineup and replace him for Vardy.
Its only a matter of time now before Nacho breaks into the 1st team lineup in the league.

As for some of our coach potato pundits here, as my elders go say: No be me go follow monkey chop banana. I will leave it at that.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

anointed wrote:Is it true that Michael Owen criticized Kele for scoring 'instead of passing' the ball? Anyone saw the studio analyses?

Yup.
They were pitchside though, not in the studio.
Owen was saying that both he and his co-pundit Robbie Savage "were shouting pass! pass!" when Nacho had possession of the ball, obviously believing it to be the easier and more sensible option.
I don't think they were wrong to believe so, but Nacho proved them wrong with his exquisite finish.

Its pretty guaranteed that everyone would have blamed him for not passing if he hadn't scored because it was the far more likely option to result in a goal. Watch the video.
But it demonstrated Nacho's self-belief that he went for goal from such a difficult angle and scored.

Owens said "4 out of 5 times he wouldn't score that goal"
Savage jokingly replied saying "what if he scores 5 out of 5 times?"
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ighalo

Iwobi. Nacho Moses

Ndidi Mikel

??? Balogun Troost. ????

Is this team solid enough in Mf or do would forward need to be dropped for Onazi?
OCCUPY NFF!!