Musa completes CSKA loan move.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Musa completes CSKA loan move.

Post by tolahs »

Gotti wrote:
tolahs wrote:Not feeling this at all - I argued a month or 2 ago that Ahmed Musa's agent should be pushing for a loan move to a club like Burnley - It was pooh-poohed by a couple people - now Burnley has done a deal for 30yr old Aaron Lennon. You don't have to be a loud mouth like Henrikh Mkhitaryan's agent Mino Raiola but apart from CSKA - it was going down a league to play for his formal coach.
Tell Musa, you fight for your spot like your life depends on it - all that starts with attitude to training - this picture to me looks like real soft touch.
This boy has elite level athletic ability & great balling skills - what's the problem?
That's why i pushed for Burnley - overachieving club drilled on discipline. Good luck but stock has dropped
Go to Burnley to do what?
Watch balls punted overhead? I'd go to Kano Pillars first. :D
They don't play that type of football anymore - they express themselves - watch this teams b4 resorting to stereotypes - last time Arsenal played them - one of their kids tortured Hector & it wasn't over the top balls.
You still aren't dealing with how a guy who destroyed Argentina @theWC has to take a backwards step - this lack of ambition & expectation from many in the fanbase creates loss of hunger in players.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

joao wrote:
Gotti wrote:
tolahs wrote:Not feeling this at all - I argued a month or 2 ago that Ahmed Musa's agent should be pushing for a loan move to a club like Burnley - It was pooh-poohed by a couple people - now Burnley has done a deal for 30yr old Aaron Lennon. You don't have to be a loud mouth like Henrikh Mkhitaryan's agent Mino Raiola but apart from CSKA - it was going down a league to play for his formal coach.
Tell Musa, you fight for your spot like your life depends on it - all that starts with attitude to training - this picture to me looks like real soft touch.
This boy has elite level athletic ability & great balling skills - what's the problem?
That's why i pushed for Burnley - overachieving club drilled on discipline. Good luck but stock has dropped
Go to Burnley to do what?
Watch balls punted overhead? I'd go to Kano Pillars first. :D
:lol: :rotf: :lol: :lol:
You obviously think playing for Kano Pillars & LCFC reserves is good enough to prepare you for the WC - Go look at our WC group, if
this kid's Croatian or Argentinian - this regressive move harms his WC chances greatly - he'd outgrown the league he returned to - that's a problem.

2m 20sec - their passing discussed - Brady to me is a top 4 player.

longer highlights: not a longball team anymore
http://www.totalsportek.com/highlights/ ... cup-match/

Musa has way more in his locker in 2018 than Lennon - but y'all think it's ok to coast. Even Kelechi is getting very little mins.
If I give you a good wine, you will see how it tastes and after you ask where it comes from,'' ""To put players in my team who are not good enough will not strengthen the England team, and would weaken the Arsenal team.''The only thing I can say is that whenever England do not win it is always my fault,even when I am not at the game".Wenger said.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

wanaj0 wrote:
He should drive himself to Burnley like Osaze did? You think a player has total control???
It's not what you or I think - it's what we see & know. Effectivel agents are better connected - to ignore the fact that this kid who destroyed Argentina in Brazil & scared the hell outta ManC when he 1st arrived was relegated to LCFC reserves speaks to a couple issues - internal club politics & a weak agent who doesn't know when & how to bark for their client.
Politics that sees Ulloa,Slimani & Iheanacho getting scrap for mins - it tells you Vardy runs things - Kelechi's agent should've known that b4 signing - the fastest way to suck the confidence out of a young player is to make sitting on the bench so rare - it might as well be Xmas.
Gray like Vardy is English and was picked over Musa - cos their agents lack clout these kids waste - yes high wages but decreasing
value.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

tolahs wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
He should drive himself to Burnley like Osaze did? You think a player has total control???
It's not what you or I think - it's what we see & know. Effectivel agents are better connected - to ignore the fact that this kid who destroyed Argentina in Brazil & scared the hell outta ManC when he 1st arrived was relegated to LCFC reserves speaks to a couple issues - internal club politics & a weak agent who doesn't know when & how to bark for their client.
Politics that sees Ulloa,Slimani & Iheanacho getting scrap for mins - it tells you Vardy runs things - Kelechi's agent should've known that b4 signing - the fastest way to suck the confidence out of a young player is to make sitting on the bench so rare - it might as well be Xmas.
Gray like Vardy is English and was picked over Musa - cos their agents lack clout these kids waste - yes high wages but decreasing
value.
Agreed
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

tolahs wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
value.
great points
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

Ahmed Musa has ability. Of that, there is no doubt. However, he seems like a player who struggles for confidence most of the time and has to be cuddled by the manager. From his CSKA performances, he seems to get that attention. However, at Leicester, against a home boy like Vardy and "headless chicken" Demarai Gray, Puel has little time for cuddles. Kele is feeling this too. Berra for Musa to be back in known territory.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

tolahs wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
value.
So he should drive himself to Burnley? Do you just show up at any office to resume work? Osaze's experience never reach?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Like I have always maintained, Musa is a terrible player. He plays football like he is a drunk drinking alcohol, just throw it down your throat. he doesnt think, he doesnt analyze, he doesnt strategize. He simply just runs and runs and hopes for the best. That may work at Kano Pillars or in the Kremlin, but in a serious league, it wont.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:Like I have always maintained, Musa is a terrible player. He plays football like he is a drunk drinking alcohol, just throw it down your throat. he doesnt think, he doesnt analyze, he doesnt strategize. He simply just runs and runs and hopes for the best. That may work at Kano Pillars or in the Kremlin, but in a serious league, it wont.
Yea we need to phase out players with poor decision making skills, but to be fair to Musa he adds serious speed coming in off the bench which can be useful to the team. But players like him and Echiejile will need to go soon. Those ones that are not comfortable with the ball at their feet and make poor decisions over and over.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

danfo driver wrote:Like I have always maintained, Musa is a terrible player. He plays football like he is a drunk drinking alcohol, just throw it down your throat. he doesnt think, he doesnt analyze, he doesnt strategize. He simply just runs and runs and hopes for the best. That may work at Kano Pillars or in the Kremlin, but in a serious league, it wont.

There are 9jas out here on this thread agreeing with him going back where mediocre standards were tolerated - come WC - they'll be expecting miracles.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

wanaj0 wrote:
tolahs wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
value.
So he should drive himself to Burnley? Do you just show up at any office to resume work? Osaze's experience never reach?
Until appreciate agents aren't statues, we can't dialogue - that you see Osaze's miscalculation one transfer window as a hindrance to seek richer opps for young players is disturbing. Agent getting paid sick commission while our kid heads back to Russia.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

maceo4 wrote:
Yea we need to phase out players with poor decision making skills, but to be fair to Musa he adds serious speed coming in off the bench which can be useful to the team. But players like him and Echiejile will need to go soon. Those ones that are not comfortable with the ball at their feet and make poor decisions over and over.
We don't as a national fanbase, F.A. expect the highest standards from our players - we're sleeping through deteriorating careers - just remember Aghahowa was once bigger than Eto'o.
The hostility towards players by home fans from Argentina, Croatia, Brazil is such that you get the move to a bigger league & you'ii rather die than lose your job. If you go to clubs with low expectations - you just don't progress as a player most of the time - yes, the likes of Eto'o & Drogba thru sheer force of will & hardwork made their way at the highest levels.
tolahs
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by tolahs »

Goldleaf wrote:Ahmed Musa has ability. Of that, there is no doubt. However, he seems like a player who struggles for confidence most of the time and has to be cuddled by the manager. From his CSKA performances, he seems to get that attention. However, at Leicester, against a home boy like Vardy and "headless chicken" Demarai Gray, Puel has little time for cuddles. Kele is feeling this too. Berra for Musa to be back in known territory.
Besides EPL wages paid on a loan move to Russia - this is terrible. Puel having been fired from the Saints after a decent season was always going to side with the henchmen in the dressing room - look LVG mainly got his gig @ManU cos of RVP but when it came to politics at the club he undermined his homeboy for Rooney.
Agents knowing the sort of players they rep should be looking to get clubs & deals to match their clients. One reason i mentioned Burnley previously is cos of the toughness that sort of squad overachieving does for a players mentality. People easily forget what impact playing in a physical EPL by Alonso,Torres, Cesc did for Spain.
I read Kelechi's on 115k but wants out - Rafa wants him at Newcastle but their board ain't spending & LCFC seems to want to keep the kid on scrap mins. Some players have to be helped to get tough - that's what Henry(Juve) & Bergkamp(Inter) got from coming to start all over in England.
Sometimes it's the club - Spurs couldn'r wait to get rid of Paulinho & now he's on a special stage - Barca!!!
doctorollie
Egg
Egg

Post by doctorollie »

mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

tolahs wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
We don't as a national fanbase, F.A. expect the highest standards from our players - we're sleeping through deteriorating careers - just remember Aghahowa was once bigger than Eto'o.
The hostility towards players by home fans from Argentina, Croatia, Brazil is such that you get the move to a bigger league & you'ii rather die than lose your job. If you go to clubs with low expectations - you just don't progress as a player most of the time - yes, the likes of Eto'o & Drogba thru sheer force of will & hardwork made their way at the highest levels.

Aghahowa was never bigger than Eto - NEVER!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

mystic wrote:
tolahs wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Aghahowa was never bigger than Eto - NEVER!
mystic, please let tolahs stew in his fantasy.

NB - If all our players play in the EPL like some herein wish, we will be playing
just like England. Lots of brawn, and hoping to bully our way through.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Another tribalistic attack on musa. Musa is definitely good enough for Nigeria level because he is currently our top scorer among players called up so far. If musa is that bad and his super eagles top scorer, then what does it says about super eagles entirely. To get the best of Musa, you should use him substantially
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Another tribalistic attack on musa. Musa is definitely good enough for Nigeria level because he is currently our top scorer among players called up so far. If musa is that bad and his super eagles top scorer, then what does it says about super eagles entirely. To get the best of Musa, you should use him substantially
On current form he does NOT deserve to be on the team, however for sentimental reasons he is on the team and I don't disagree with his inclusion. But the facts are the facts regardless of what he's done in the past and with this loan move he has a chance to get back into top form and earn his place on the team.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Damn and Musa is a beast for me on Fifa 18, his IF card scores for me left, right, and center :lol: :lol: :lol:
Good Luck to Musa, likeable fellow no doubt.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

maceo4 wrote:
john12 wrote:Another tribalistic attack on musa. Musa is definitely good enough for Nigeria level because he is currently our top scorer among players called up so far. If musa is that bad and his super eagles top scorer, then what does it says about super eagles entirely. To get the best of Musa, you should use him substantially
On current form he does NOT deserve to be on the team, however for sentimental reasons he is on the team and I don't disagree with his inclusion. But the facts are the facts regardless of what he's done in the past and with this loan move he has a chance to get back into top form and earn his place on the team.

On current form? Have you seen him play to know what kind of form he is in? Let's give the chap a chance, on his SE stats, he definitely deserves it. Remember not too long ago he was chosen as the SE skippo on merit
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

jungle-jawara wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

On current form? Have you seen him play to know what kind of form he is in? Let's give the chap a chance, on his SE stats, he definitely deserves it. Remember not too long ago he was chosen as the SE skippo on merit
How can we see him when he is playing U-23 and with the reserves, is that the type of player that would be a shoo-in for a serious World Cup team? That's the truth of the matter, his previous stats don't mean jack right now, what he needs to do is play well during this loan spell to ensure his spot on the team. Lucky for him Rohr seems to like him, but if we are doing merit based selections, there is no way you can come here with a straight face and say on current form or lack there of he deserves to be on the plane. But I agree, lets give him a chance...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
jungle-jawara wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

How can we see him when he is playing U-23 and with the reserves, is that the type of player that would be a shoo-in for a serious World Cup team? That's the truth of the matter, his previous stats don't mean jack right now, what he needs to do is play well during this loan spell to ensure his spot on the team. Lucky for him Rohr seems to like him, but if we are doing merit based selections, there is no way you can come here with a straight face and say on current form or lack there of he deserves to be on the plane. But I agree, lets give him a chance...
Why are you debating with Musa's agent? U get time sha,
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

tolahs wrote:

There are 9jas out here on this thread agreeing with him going back where mediocre standards were tolerated - come WC - they'll be expecting miracles.
...and why do u think he deserves a spot in the World Cup?
...based on what exactly? consistency? good performances?
I always maintained that musa will crash and burn in the epl......water done find it's level
if rohr takes him to the wc, then he is not serious
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke