Joel Obi hangs!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Joel Obi hangs!!

Post by bushboy »

His team is up 3-0. He got the 3rd. Making a strong case for Russia.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: Joel Obi hangs!!

Post by DIMKA76 »

If he makes the team, it would feel like a new discovery.
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He was substituted at 71 minutes,I guess Torino know how to preserve him.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Think he's done enough to at least earn an invite for a friendly. He has the talent, the question is whether he can stay healthy.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

olu wrote:Think he's done enough to at least earn an invite for a friendly. He has the talent, the question is whether he can stay healthy.
He has definitely done enough to be invited, at this point Rohr has no Choice but to invite him. The only question remaining is whether or not he can play 90min and compete for a starting spot vs Onazi. If he can then it’s bye bye to Etebo and/or Mikel Agu.
OCCUPY NFF!!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

My type of player
1, Experienced
2, Exceptional for Nigeria standard
3, plays in a world class league not backwater league

If it was up to me, I would invite him for friendlies before World Cup. However, if rohr doesn’t invite him, I will equally respect rohr decision
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He must be on Rohrs radar!
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Reportedly being tracked by Benfica

Joel Obi Scores VAR Assisted Goal, Tracked By Benfica

Nigerian Midfielder Joel Obi was again on target scoring the 4th goal as Torino trounced Benevento 3-0 on Sunday

The Nigerian International has been on a resurgence . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/joel-obi- ... d-benfica/
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If Joel didn't have injury problems, I would say he is a good candidate to start for SE.

However I would suggest we take him to Russia and use him as a substitute. Not only has he been on the outs of SE for a while, but this would preserve him and hopefully not see him injured.

Right now the Mikel, Onazi, Ndidi combo is great and Joel would be a great guy to have coming off the bench.
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Pavarotti wrote:Reportedly being tracked by Benfica

Nigerian Midfielder Joel Obi was again on target scoring the 4th goal as Torino trounced Benevento 3-0 on Sunday

The Nigerian International has been on a resurgence . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/joel-obi- ... d-benfica/

Tracked by Benefica and i'm hearing rumours (not fact tho) that he's being tracked by Prem league team - Swansea. He's contract is coming to an end and per usual Torino are marketing him ..they'll get a good return on him. I expect him to get more playing time...there's a business dimension to this for Torino but this dimension is made possible because the guys has got Skillzzz
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He should stay at Torino and sign a new contract.
I am happy
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Dammy wrote:He should stay at Torino and sign a new contract.
I agree but in his late 20s it would be understandable to listen to offers remember it’s s job for him and a game to the fans and he needs to make a good amount before he retires.He is a good player so who knows who’s looking at him?
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Dammy wrote:He should stay at Torino and sign a new contract.
I agree but in his late 20s it would be understandable to listen to offers remember it’s s job for him and a game to the fans and he needs to make a good amount before he retires.He is a good player so who knows who’s looking at him?
I think staying with Torino may not be a bad idea. Torino have showed their hands and signaled that the could let him go. They'll make a good profit if things a sealed up before he gets close to the end of his contract (ala Sachez). IF and big IF Obi gets on the WC list in March, and ...later makes the team, it may change the dynamics..Torino may pause till July and then still sell him.
jdizzy
Egg
Egg

Post by jdizzy »

Pavarotti wrote:Reportedly being tracked by Benfica

NigerianMidfielder Joel Obi was again on target scoring the 4th goal as Torino trounced Benevento 3-0 on Sunday

Who edits this page? How does one score the 4th goal in a 3-0 game?
Niente Ÿ impossibile!