NIGERIA(2) VS ANGOLA(1) FT

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

DIMKA76
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA(2) VS ANGOLA(1) FT

Post by DIMKA76 »

Coach Salisu speaking now
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: NIGERIA(2) VS ANGOLA(1)

Post by truetalk »

Enugu II wrote:
truetalk wrote:
Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:Poor awareness from our players. You have the ball in your half with no pressure and you blast the ball into nowhere as if cleared under pressure.
POOR decision-making runs through the entire team...
Especially disappointed in a supposedly wily veteran like Rabiu Ali. :oops:
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. It was supposedly very cold, windy & later it started raining.

I've seen Ali play better. The 2 full backs are good (better than what Kwambe and Francis served up in previous HB Eagles in my opinion). Eze and Ezenwa are the class of the team. So the team is mostly solid at the back and tough to score against.

Okpotu is Agricultural up front, but he actually has some skill running with the ball and with the ball on his feet (maybe he should become a midfielder). There are a couple of other decent players here and there.

It is definitely several notches from watching the main SE, but these players from our supposedly bad NPFL have dominated every game so far, and if they had better finishing (Stephen Odey, who started with this team b4 moving to Europe for example), they would have been putting teams away.

Actually, Ikouwem was impressive particularly in the second half, IMHO. Of all the defenders he seems to me to be the one currently able to play at SE lovel. Yea, I see Eze dominating but he has a long way to go with playing possession soccer and bring the ball up via midfield. For me only Ikouwem and Ezenwa belong at the SE level. The rest, no.

The shooting up front is absurd. Just very bad to state the least. But I think this team is notches improved from what I saw in that opening game against Rwanda.
I disagree Prof.

If that is the 2nd CD, he is poor, & the team is suffering from Adeleye's injury.

He padded a defensive header nicely in the path of an Angolan forward, but the guy blasted the ball over. He created moments of panic for us at various points during the game. You might have seen him a few times to see this potential, but based on what I have seen, he is the weakest link in the defence at the moment.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

This thread is a cesspool of agents!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Superb performance by our team even though I did not see the game
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Too mush grammar being hammered here... Winner o o o, winner. Winner o o o, winner. 9ja you don win o, winner. Kpata kpata you go win again o, winner.

%
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

danfo driver wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Nigeria has some talent but team-wise it is horrible. The big CD is solid. Atoluma has potential but rather clueless. Left back has potential. No 10 also

Ezenwa is world class
:shock: :shock:
In relation to CHAN? Or world class in relation to De Gea, Courtois?
By any standard. He is a very good goalie. Whoever helped him get to this point deserves a lot of credit.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

truetalk wrote:I disagree Prof.

If that is the 2nd CD, he is poor, & the team is suffering from Adeleye's injury.

He padded a defensive header nicely in the path of an Angolan forward, but the guy blasted the ball over. He created moments of panic for us at various points during the game. You might have seen him a few times to see this potential, but based on what I have seen, he is the weakest link in the defence at the moment.
The substitute CD is not Ikouwem. That's Timothy...
Ikouwem is the LB, and he was quite good (though not SE-good IMHO).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Gotti wrote:
truetalk wrote:I disagree Prof.

The substitute CD is not Ikouwem. That's Timothy...
Ikouwem is the LB, and he was quite good (though not SE-good IMHO).
OK. Thanks. Noted.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:Superb performance by our team even though I did not see the game
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Not bad. Another opinion indeed :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

YUJAM wrote:Nigeria has some talent but team-wise it is horrible. The big CD is solid. Atoluma has potential but rather clueless. Left back has potential. No 10 also

Ezenwa is world class
He is almost 40...
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
By any standard. He is a very good goalie. Whoever helped him get to this point deserves a lot of credit.
He is certainly redeeming himself after the Nightmare vs. Algeria.

He was very good today.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by paj »

pajimoh wrote:
paj wrote:Ok..Pa Jimoh...U've earned it...Free roll of Sunday Weed for U...take marwa down to Bariga junction and see my Ganjaman..he knows U coming..just mention my name and U're good..it's on me! :thumb:
Good. I hope he has proper Rizla as well? :tic:
everything...only thing he can't provide U na lungs.. :twisted:
Last edited by paj on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
There are probably only 3 world class goal keepers in the world. If Ezenwa is one of them, then thats amazing stuff!

p.s-- I agree that he has improved.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Cito wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
He is almost 40...
But he is a good player (did not show it today), & deserves to be on the team. That has been my point to those hampering on his age. This is not an age grade tournament.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Actually, Ikouwem was impressive particularly in the second half, IMHO. Of all the defenders he seems to me to be the one currently able to play at SE lovel. Yea, I see Eze dominating but he has a long way to go with playing possession soccer and bring the ball up via midfield. For me only Ikouwem and Ezenwa belong at the SE level. The rest, no.

The shooting up front is absurd. Just very bad to state the least. But I think this team is notches improved from what I saw in that opening game against Rwanda.
Eze is head-and-shoulders above every outfield player on this team...
He is the sole player to consistently acquit himself in EVERY game thus far (but not quite SE level IMHO).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

truetalk wrote:
Cito wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
He is almost 40...
But he is a good player (did not show it today), & deserves to be on the team. That has been my point to those hampering on his age. This is not an age grade tournament.
I am having issues with the nearly 40 year old player and potential in the same sentence. :D
Last edited by Cito on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cito wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
He is almost 40...
Forget his age (he's impressively fit)...
His decision-making today was HORRIBLE!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

danfo driver wrote:
YUJAM wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
There are probably only 3 world class goal keepers in the world. If Ezenwa is one of them, then thats amazing stuff!

p.s-- I agree that he has improved.
Da Gea, Manuel Neuer, Lloris, Buffon, Navas, Courtois in same class as Ezenwa? I have heared it all. :oops:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Gotti wrote:
Cito wrote:

Ezenwa is world class
He is almost 40...
Forget his age (he's impressively fit)...
His decision-making today was HORRIBLE!
When he played 3-5 corners within a short time of each other and all were not so good, I just thought this team really lacks the necessary ingredient to be good.

Good win though, I hope we see a better performance in the semis.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Btw, I am not as down on Okpotu today as some other CEs (or as my previous poor ratings of him)...

While he has not thrived as the lone/top striker (or designated primary goal-scorer) on this team (even though he's the leading scorer with 2 goals), his all-around game is not that bad at all (except for the occasional blooper). Dude works hard, tracks back, harries defenders, puts tackles in and actually tries to hit the occasional shot. However, he plays way too DEEP for a lone (or top) striker - either because he is not getting good service and has to fall back DEEP to pick up the ball or perhaps that's just his natural instincts (I have not really seen him play at club level at Lobi Stars). What he ideally needs is another striker besides him and perhaps play a deeper lying role as support striker - in other words, the formation that thrived somewhat upon Okechukwu's introduction.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

100%Naija wrote:Too mush grammar being hammered here... Winner o o o, winner. Winner o o o, winner. 9ja you don win o, winner. Kpata kpata you go win again o, winner.

%
I mean...lmao

Congratulations to the boys
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
asabatex
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA(1) VS ANGOLA(1)

Post by asabatex »

:rotf: Uncle Gotti don tire.
Gotti wrote:Such a truly USELESS Naija team... :oops:

No. 14 ranks as one of the worst-ever player to wear a GWG shirt...
And the rest of them (apart from perhaps Eze and Ezenwa) are not far behind.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

So are you guys saying this team is worth my data?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!