Osimhen - First Start in the German League

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Osimhen - First Start in the German League

Post by YemiBrazil »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I like this experience for Osimhen because he showed that he knows how to suffer. Isolated against mountain defenders, he held strong and fought them for every single ball. I am hopeful that he will continue to progress and have more chances to play.

He plays in Germany, and we know Rohr will be watching and Rohr has even invited him before. So he has a very god chances to go to the world cup

This suffer man mentality among Nigerians must stop. You don't have to suffer to be successful. I once explained to a former friend in Nigeria about my plans to return to Nigeria. His response was that I need to come home and suffer first and then I can succeed. I immediately de-friended him and cut off all ties with him. What nonsense advice!

I know another guy that used to have money but will buy biscuit and water, just so he can narrate how he used to suffer eating only biscuit and water. Me, I am a flosser, and flossing shall I continue to do! Nonsense!
I know you are joking, but I feel the need to still say this. Suffering does not breed success. It could breed character, and I think thats what people refer to. When you suffer, it either builds and strengthens your character or it breaks your character.
Uncle 1naira was just joking as usual. According to legend, his 69 year old massive forehead is the original definition of the term 'sufferhead' due to the shocked outburst of some of his community people who received him when he arrived Houston TX as stowaway on cargo ship in 1964.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

danfo driver wrote:
1naija wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I like this experience for Osimhen because he showed that he knows how to suffer. Isolated against mountain defenders, he held strong and fought them for every single ball. I am hopeful that he will continue to progress and have more chances to play.

He plays in Germany, and we know Rohr will be watching and Rohr has even invited him before. So he has a very god chances to go to the world cup

This suffer man mentality among Nigerians must stop. You don't have to suffer to be successful. I once explained to a former friend in Nigeria about my plans to return to Nigeria. His response was that I need to come home and suffer first and then I can succeed. I immediately de-friended him and cut off all ties with him. What nonsense advice!

I know another guy that used to have money but will buy biscuit and water, just so he can narrate how he used to suffer eating only biscuit and water. Me, I am a flosser, and flossing shall I continue to do! Nonsense!
I know you are joking, but I feel the need to still say this. Suffering does not breed success. It could breed character, and I think thats what people refer to. When you suffer, it either builds and strengthens your character or it breaks your character.

So Mark Zuckerman, Bill Gates, and othe Us billionaires don't have character?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

danfo driver wrote:I know you are joking, but I feel the need to still say this. Suffering does not breed success. It could breed character, and I think thats what people refer to. When you suffer, it either builds and strengthens your character or it breaks your character.
It can do BOTH (or either one)...

Misfortune (including setbacks and outright failure) can lead to success depending on the lessons learned therefrom, including learning what NOT to do, while literal suffering can lead to success (or/and also build character) if it leads to a determination to escape through professional or personal success. Nonetheless, there are many different roads to paradise.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
danfo driver wrote:I know you are joking, but I feel the need to still say this. Suffering does not breed success. It could breed character, and I think thats what people refer to. When you suffer, it either builds and strengthens your character or it breaks your character.
It can do BOTH (or either one)...

Misfortune (including setbacks and outright failure) can lead to success depending on the lessons learned therefrom, including learning what NOT to do, while literal suffering can lead to success (or/and also build character) if it leads to a determination to escape through professional or personal success. Nonetheless, there are many different roads to paradise.

I think the whole thing boils down to lack of vocabulary in your word arsenal otherwise the appropriate thing to say would be that - He is resilient rather than he knows how to suffer.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote:I think the whole thing boils down to lack of vocabulary in your word arsenal otherwise the appropriate thing to say would be that - He is resilient rather than he knows how to suffer.
"Lack of vocabulary in your word arsenal"?! :shock:

Damn! The IRONY is just too much...
But Chief Zebrudaya would be proud of this nuclear blast! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Gotti wrote:
jette1 wrote:I think the whole thing boils down to lack of vocabulary in your word arsenal otherwise the appropriate thing to say would be that - He is resilient rather than he knows how to suffer.
"Lack of vocabulary in your word arsenal"?! :shock:

Damn! The IRONY is just too much...
But Chief Zebrudaya would be proud of this nuclear blast! :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

1naija wrote:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Dont mind them o. I moved back to Naija 2004 and i didnt suffer nada.
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

i hope Osimhen owns that position. He could just be what we are looking for in that position. Still, Ighalo doesnt it cut for me.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

chief nfachairman wrote:
1naija wrote:

:bump: :bump: :bump: :bump:

Dont mind them o. I moved back to Naija 2004 and i didnt suffer nada.

LOL @ "I moved back and didnt suffer." Moving back to Nigeria is not synonymous with suffering. You could very much have suffered in obodo yibo. Afterall, 1naija was in Houston for 40 years and could not find gainful employment and had to moonlight as a taxi driver. It is from that gig that he built a teacher training center in Ibom, which led to his chieftaincy title. Is that not suffering to enjoyment?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?