Ezenwa will be the starter at the WC...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ezenwa will be the starter at the WC...

Post by Robbynice »

Ezenwa will most likely be the starter at the WC. I just do not see Enyeama fit enough to make the WC. Ezenwa has earned it right now. Lets call a spade a spade.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ezenwa will be the starter at the WC...

Post by ANC »

:lol:

Ezenwa has just received the kiss of death.

But Robby, why are you such a bleeding heart liberal, were you just born that way or na condition bend you so?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Messi will have a hattrick.

Will rather go with Uzoho if we can't get Enyeama back.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

Similar was said during the 2002 WC when Nigeria played England and some no-name keeper was manning the post.
In spite of having the likes of Micheal Owens, David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and all their other big names on display that day, they failed to score.
Oh, by the way, the no-name keeper who was in goal that day was some fellow named Vincent Enyeama. You probably might know him.
ohenhen1 wrote:Messi will have a hattrick.

Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Uzoho did not do so well today

Someone do a compilation of Ezenwa's saves today.
Last edited by Robotnik on Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Otitokoro wrote:Similar was said during the 2002 WC when Nigeria played England and some no-name keeper was manning the post.
In spite of having the likes of Micheal Owens, David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and all their other big names on display that day, they failed to score.
Oh, by the way, the no-name keeper who was in goal that day was some fellow named Vincent Enyeama. You probably might know him.
ohenhen1 wrote:Messi will have a hattrick.

It was a ‘dead-rubber’ game, are we just going to the WC to make the numbers?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Ezenwa is not it.

I will rather go with Uzoho even with the howler today. Uzoho has good technique at a young age.

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Robbynice wrote:Ezenwa will most likely be the starter at the WC. I just do not see Enyeama fit enough to make the WC. Ezenwa has earned it right now. Lets call a spade a spade.
it's understandable some of you can't watch a game without liquor
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

A 50% fit Enyeama is better than a 150% Enzenwa
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:Ezenwa will most likely be the starter at the WC. I just do not see Enyeama fit enough to make the WC. Ezenwa has earned it right now. Lets call a spade a spade.
Goalkeeper Ezenwa might, or might not be the starter, but he is certainly in the Plane to Russia - unless he is injured. That much has been known to me since long ago
Last edited by Odas on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

ANC wrote::lol:

But Robby, why are you such a bleeding heart liberal, were you just born that way or na condition bend you so?
So Robby is still the Jinx master? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote:Uzoho did not do so well today

Someone do a compilation of Ezenwa's saves today.
... certainly two different results/situations for both keepers today, but who among the two was tested more than the other?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Too erratic. I don't support Enyeama's antics but if he's able to get a club and play for 2 months leading to the world cup we should invite him and make him number 1
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:Too erratic. I don't support Enyeama's antics but if he's able to get a club and play for 2 months leading to the world cup we should invite him and make him number 1
Chief Niyi, I disagree with you - Sir! We cannot make Enyeama number one. If Enyeama is invited, he MUST earn the SPOT, or the number one shirt.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Undertaker wrote:
ANC wrote::lol:

So Robby is still the Jinx master? :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:
I wonder oh... :?
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

jette1 wrote:
it's understandable some of you can't watch a game without liquor

Jesu na my boy robby dem issue Bulala like dis :rotf: :rotf:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Odas wrote:
niyi wrote:Too erratic. I don't support Enyeama's antics but if he's able to get a club and play for 2 months leading to the world cup we should invite him and make him number 1
Chief Niyi, I disagree with you - Sir! We cannot make Enyeama number one. If Enyeama is invited, he MUST earn the SPOT, or the number one shirt.
Bro I agree with you he has to earn it. I am saying that based on the current goalkeepers we have, earning that spot will be a cakewalk for Vince.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

He is solid. He handles crosses well and is active in communicating with his defenders. There is one save that he pulled off today that was straight-up classic. It was volley he was able to tip over the bar.

I believe he is good enough to play for any of these top level Euro sides

As for Uzoho, he has potential, but it would be silly to put an inexperienced 19 yr old at the wc
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

niyi wrote:
Odas wrote:
Bro I agree with you he has to earn it. I am saying that based on the current goalkeepers we have, earning that spot will be a cakewalk for Vince.
Well; perhaps so, but let's wait and see what happens
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:A 50% fit Enyeama is better than a 150% Enzenwa
:lol:
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Odas wrote:
The only way Ezenwa will beat out Enyeama is if Enyeama is not fit.

Enyeama is better technically. Goal keepers that have bad technique are erratic and lack confidence.
Which will affect communication with the back line.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Robbynice stop it. Ezenwa is not international class goal keeper. All our opponents has to do to beat us with ezenwa in goal is just crosses and set piece. Ezenwa is very week in that regards and that’s unacceptable in international level. For me, I will rather akpeyi as 3rd choice uzoho second choice and enyeama as number 1
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Too early to make that call. Let's leave Enyeama out of the equation for now. This is between 3 goalkeepers.

1. Akpeyi - suffers from stagefright

2. Ezenwa - suffers from erratic decision making

3. Uzoho - suffers from inexperience