City lose Sane for 7 weeks and want to spend 60m to replace

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: City lose Sane for 7 weeks and want to spend 60m to repl

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Yep, Mou spends and spends, doesn't use youth, and then parks the bus in tough games, frustrating talented players before shipping them off for even more spending. Then his own bosses, the owners who put up all that money start complaining about the boring style of his teams.
:lol: :lol:

Mace, no matter what facts you post, Mourinho's dung inspector (and his clown supporter thiefco) will spin and and make up anything in an attempt to defend their master. A grown man in his mid 30's shamelessly, "following" another man barely old enough to be his father from club to club. Tufiakwa! you make Essien who calls Mourinho "daddy" look like an amateur. At least Essien had an incentive to kiss a$$.
Why so GRAY today, Mr. Albrighton? Does it hurt You that people now realize your DIER level of football thinking? take HART, okay? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Has borinho taken his morning constitutional yet? Are you on a break? What else will you make up from the figment of your imagination today? :D Keep em coming clown.

#wastededucation.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
Yep, Mou spends and spends, doesn't use youth, and then parks the bus in tough games, frustrating talented players before shipping them off for even more spending. Then his own bosses, the owners who put up all that money start complaining about the boring style of his teams.
:lol: :lol:

Mace, no matter what facts you post, Mourinho's dung inspector (and his clown supporter thiefco) will spin and and make up anything in an attempt to defend their master. A grown man in his mid 30's shamelessly, "following" another man barely old enough to be his father from club to club. Tufiakwa! you make Essien who calls Mourinho "daddy" look like an amateur. At least Essien had an incentive to kiss a$$.
Why so GRAY today, Mr. Albrighton? Does it hurt You that people now realize your DIER level of football thinking? take HART, okay? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Has borinho taken his morning constitutional yet? Are you on a break? What else will you make up from the figment of your imagination today? :D Keep em coming clown.

#wastededucation.
I am sorry that we dont have players of the caliber of gray and albrighton. Do you think we can get them to play for us? :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

By hook or crook, Pep will spend his way to a title in England. That is his only hope: Money. And frankly, I don't blame him after what happened last year because there is no hope for City unless Pep outspends everyone. #FACT.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Pep can spend all the money made available to him. Anyone who converts Sterling and Delph to very good/top players, deserves plenty of kudos.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

green4life wrote:By hook or crook, Pep will spend his way to a title in England. That is his only hope: Money. And frankly, I don't blame him after what happened last year because there is no hope for City unless Pep outspends everyone. #FACT.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Pep can spend all the money made available to him. Anyone who converts Sterling and Delph to very good/top players, deserves plenty of kudos.
I have seen people repeat this line multiple times, and I just didnt have energy to respond. What are you guys talking about? Did you guys watch Sterling under Brendan Rodgers when he took over from Suarez and was unstoppable?? What is this move to rewrite history and pretend that Sterling was a back yard trash before "PEP created him." You guys realize City spent 50 million on Sterling for a reason right??? Because of what he did under Rodgers?? :lol:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

green4life wrote:By hook or crook, Pep will spend his way to a title in England. That is his only hope: Money. And frankly, I don't blame him after what happened last year because there is no hope for City unless Pep outspends everyone. #FACT.
I'll say one thing. If Pep's going to keep spending huge $, he'd better win the champions league too :rotf:
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:Pep can spend all the money made available to him. Anyone who converts Sterling and Delph to very good/top players, deserves plenty of kudos.
I have seen people repeat this line multiple times, and I just didnt have energy to respond. What are you guys talking about? Did you guys watch Sterling under Brendan Rodgers when he took over from Suarez and was unstoppable?? What is this move to rewrite history and pretend that Sterling was a back yard trash before "PEP created him." You guys realize City spent 50 million on Sterling for a reason right??? Because of what he did under Rodgers?? :lol:

Ogbeni, did you see Sterling @ City before Pep? he was all gra gra. Agreed that he was tearing it up at 'Pool, which is why City spent crazy money for him.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
danfo driver wrote:

Ogbeni, did you see Sterling @ City before Pep? he was all gra gra. Agreed that he was tearing it up at 'Pool, which is why City spent crazy money for him.
We also saw Nolito, Stones, Kelechi, Bernardo Silva, Navas and Fernando under Pep :D
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Bros it seems the struggles of Uncle Conte don dabaru ur head :rotf:

U are the fan of a team hoarding players all over Europe. The fan of a team whose former manager was buying players he did not need to prevent an opponent from getting them...

The real difference between Pep and Mou is not in amounts spent (they are both big spenders cus they are in big teams); its in who he is spending on and the product delivered from the financial outlay.

For instance, it should be interesting to compare United's financial outlay on Ibra over the last two seasons with what City invested in Jesus or Aguero.

Or City's investment in Mendy at left back, with United's on Shaw (and eventually on Rose).

Or City's investment in KDB and United's on Pogba...

Having said the above, I am surprised at the decision to go for Mahrez. Pep has options and should work his squad like Klopp is doing at 'pool...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

txj wrote:
Bros it seems the struggles of Uncle Conte don dabaru ur head :rotf:

U are the fan of a team hoarding players all over Europe. The fan of a team whose former manager was buying players he did not need to prevent an opponent from getting them...

The real difference between Pep and Mou is not in amounts spent (they are both big spenders cus they are in big teams); its in who he is spending on and the product delivered from the financial outlay.

For instance, it should be interesting to compare United's financial outlay on Ibra over the last two seasons with what City invested in Jesus or Aguero.

Or City's investment in Mendy at left back, with United's on Shaw (and eventually on Rose).

Or City's investment in KDB and United's on Pogba...

Having said the above, I am surprised at the decision to go for Mahrez. Pep has options and should work his squad like Klopp is doing at 'pool...
:lol: :lol: :lol: you dey find trouble oh! :lol: :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Papers are saying Mahrez is "depressed" and "on strike"...
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

txj wrote:
Why the surprise, Pep has caught the EPL bug of solving problems by throwing money at the problem :taunt:
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

wiseone wrote:Papers are saying Mahrez is "depressed" and "on strike"...
Tough situation. He saw Leicester let Kante go, he's seen what that one has done with his pocket and career. For FOUR windows Leicester have promised to let him go and each time they've put the max price on him so clubs are not willing to break records to get him.

From the club's perspective, they pay the player well, they invested in him when no one knew him, they give huge pay raises, they've done everything they possibly could to show him he is their star man, they also are not financially under any pressure to sell after all some of the clubs trying to buy him are not as rich as them (Roma, etc) so if anyone wants their star man, that club must pay the highest market rate possible.

So we have an impasse. I think I'll hesitantly side with the club on this one. Players need to be careful about what kind of contracts and extensions they sign. This is why Arsene Wenger says he sees a situation where more and more players will run down their deals because they bet on themselves in essence. Leicester will feel they've not necessarily broken their promise to Mahrez, they are willing to let him go, the trick here is they're not letting him go cheap, who wan buy am must pay well.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

He can strike some more goals in for Leicester. He should wait his time. Next summer.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

He'd be ace in a foreign team/league like PSG where he can attack all game and not bother with defending.
balo wrote:

He can strike some more goals in for Leicester. He should wait his time. Next summer.
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

I applaud LC for standing their ground. LC are not fools. They know they will eventually sell Mahrez. But has to be for right price and under right circumstances. Just unfortunate that Mharez was caught under the least ideal circumstance

City was trying to muscle in. City had the whole of Jan to move in for the guy but waited till last min. Show up with 2-3 days before end of transfer window to pick up LC's best player, leaving them with little time to find a suitable replacement.. LC is only 10 pts above relegation Zone. Not a time to lose your best attacking outlet on such short notice. If you going to inconvenience LC like that, better be ready to pay way more for the player.

City can come back in the summer for the guy. Summertime, LC should sell the bobo jeje
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:I applaud LC for standing their ground. LC are not fools. They know they will eventually sell Mahrez. But has to be for right price and under right circumstances. Just unfortunate that Mharez was caught under the least ideal circumstance

City was trying to muscle in. City had the whole of Jan to move in for the guy but waited till last min. Show up with 2-3 days before end of transfer window to pick up LC's best player, leaving them with little time to find a suitable replacement.. LC is only 10 pts above relegation Zone. Not a time to lose your best attacking outlet on such short notice. If you going to inconvenience LC like that, better be ready to pay way more for the player.

City can come back in the summer for the guy. Summertime, LC should sell the bobo jeje
He can strike all he wants, they need to stand their ground. How much did Neymar go for? What about Coutinho? The latter is a better case to study...Same league, same transfer window when Coutinho shipped to Barcelona for over hundred million, Man City want to steal this guy for 60 million. Leicester didn't even ask for anything close to the Coutinho fee. Mahrez won the player of the year, led his team to the title, has been pretty much their best player (Ndidi gets a nod here but clearly in attack it's Riyad since Vardy has vanished after his extension) again all in the same league. No, City need to pay up if they want quality.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

platinum wrote:
analyzer wrote:I applaud LC for standing their ground. LC are not fools. They know they will eventually sell Mahrez. But has to be for right price and under right circumstances. Just unfortunate that Mharez was caught under the least ideal circumstance

He can strike all he wants, they need to stand their ground. How much did Neymar go for? What about Coutinho? The latter is a better case to study...Same league, same transfer window when Coutinho shipped to Barcelona for over hundred million, Man City want to steal this guy for 60 million. Leicester didn't even ask for anything close to the Coutinho fee. Mahrez won the player of the year, led his team to the title, has been pretty much their best player (Ndidi gets a nod here but clearly in attack it's Riyad since Vardy has vanished after his extension) again all in the same league. No, City need to pay up if they want quality.
I once remember Vardy using us to do shakara....can you imagine how many goals he could have scored now with Ozil and Sanchez feeding him?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

I once remember Vardy using us to do shakara....can you imagine how many goals he could have scored now with Ozil and Sanchez feeding him?
Like Lucozade is scoring abi.. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

analyzer wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

different kinds of strikers...Vardy's pace is something else, and EPL-tested :woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

analyzer wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
platinum wrote:

No, just like all those goals Morata scored against Arsenal in that 2-2 game :oops:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

platinum wrote:Good soup na money kill am. They'll have Jesus, Foden and Sane coming back soon. I guess they don't want to risk a drop-off to United who I repeat wouldn't surprise me if they don't lose a game in the rest of the PL season (with Alexis coming in).

Meanwhile, this Mahrez has put in transfer request every window since he won the PL :rotf:
:bump: :bump: Portuguese pygmy not losing a match :bump: :bump:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo