TOTTs VS UNITED (2-0) FT. JOSIE's BUS GETS TOWED

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: TOTTs VS UNITED (2-0) FT. JOSIE's BUS GETS TOWED

Post by tfco »

benteke wrote:
platinum wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:Should have been 5-0...

The gulf between both sides tonight was disturbing...
Early goal was decisive. United's midfield? Well if they play like that again, there'll be worse defeats to humbler sides.
Transfer window closed, secret weapon Fellaini injured, so that midfield will be like that against City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and other surprise big performance small teams.

United will be lucky to finish top 4. That's will happen if the other teams keep messing up too.
2nd place is almost going now.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

after ONE game?

so you think the team will pull performances like this until the end of the season?

you sound like Conte.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tfco: Yeye Spuds, padding their goal stats against minnow Manchester United
At least Harry Kane didn't feel like scoring against a small team :tic:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

benteke wrote:
platinum wrote:

Early goal was decisive. United's midfield? Well if they play like that again, there'll be worse defeats to humbler sides.
Transfer window closed, secret weapon Fellaini injured, so that midfield will be like that against City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, and other surprise big performance small teams.

United will be lucky to finish top 4. That's will happen if the other teams keep messing up too.
I think it was a composition problem, the entry of Alexis has only complicate matters further. They had lukaku, lingered, martial, alexis and pogba all starting. Imbalanced and lightweight in midfield. Pogba is not a deep midfielder, arsenal fans complain about xhaka all the time, well that's what Pogba looked like playing a similar deep position. Uncomfortable all game long. He abandoned Matic time after time and was just not ready. For me, Lingard should have been sacrificed or Martial so that Pogba could play a more advanced role (i think it's dance who has complained about this very thing this season, i.e. pogba's utility is best when he is in that advanced role not sweeping behind or pinned to one restricted deep role), that's the 'reward' for plugging in Alexis (first game this season he's played without a shot at goal or a chance created) and not making tweaks to accommodate the Chilean.

It's a problem Mourinho is smart enough to solve, there are many riches but he'll know that there must be sacrifices as they all cannot play at once. Even in this game, he yanked Pogba and brought in Fellaini then Herrera to try addressing the imbalance. The key man going forward, is Ander Herrera, Mourinho has to trust him more. That's a player who can play all three midfield roles adeptly.

The mistake won't happen again though, I'll be really surprised if it does. It'll be a suicidal show of stubbornness from Jose.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:
benteke wrote:
platinum wrote:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

after ONE game?

so you think the team will pull performances like this until the end of the season?

you sound like Conte.
Not just this one game, i have been very sceptical bout United chances of finishing top 4 for a while, United have not been far off the 4/5th team for a while, and any other bad run of form and United can suddenly find themselves 4th/5th.
What is likely to save us is the teams below us also being much much worse, but if that doesn't happen, there shall be more boos on matchdays.

There are a couple of difficult top 6 fixtures to navigate before end of season, i honestly expected Spurs to be the easier United's remaining top 6 games, so that's why i am not confident given the way Spurs just embarrassed United.

I also saw Pogba and Mourinho having a strong discussion on the field I hope he doesn't lose the dressing room.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

platinum wrote:
benteke wrote:
platinum wrote:

I think it was a composition problem, the entry of Alexis has only complicate matters further. They had lukaku, lingered, martial, alexis and pogba all starting. Imbalanced and lightweight in midfield. Pogba is not a deep midfielder, arsenal fans complain about xhaka all the time, well that's what Pogba looked like playing a similar deep position. Uncomfortable all game long. He abandoned Matic time after time and was just not ready. For me, Lingard should have been sacrificed or Martial so that Pogba could play a more advanced role (i think it's dance who has complained about this very thing this season, i.e. pogba's utility is best when he is in that advanced role not sweeping behind or pinned to one restricted deep role), that's the 'reward' for plugging in Alexis (first game this season he's played without a shot at goal or a chance created) and not making tweaks to accommodate the Chilean.

It's a problem Mourinho is smart enough to solve, there are many riches but he'll know that there must be sacrifices as they all cannot play at once. Even in this game, he yanked Pogba and brought in Fellaini then Herrera to try addressing the imbalance. The key man going forward, is Ander Herrera, Mourinho has to trust him more. That's a player who can play all three midfield roles adeptly.

The mistake won't happen again though, I'll be really surprised if it does. It'll be a suicidal show of stubbornness from Jose.
I hope it doesn't happen again, but all I'm saying is i won't be surprised if it does especially in the remaining top 6 fixtures
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

That united team was so unbalanced, it was unreal and pathetic to watch, there has to be sacrifices, shaw should start, he is fit and has played quite well, if you have sanchez, martial cannot play simple, there was no midfield, when Pogba was taken off, the entire team collasped
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

marko wrote:That united team was so unbalanced, it was unreal and pathetic to watch, there has to be sacrifices, shaw should start, he is fit and has played quite well, if you have sanchez, martial cannot play simple, there was no midfield, when Pogba was taken off, the entire team collasped
We all know Mour doesn't know how to fit in skillful players into his bus...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

maceo4 wrote:
marko wrote:That united team was so unbalanced, it was unreal and pathetic to watch, there has to be sacrifices, shaw should start, he is fit and has played quite well, if you have sanchez, martial cannot play simple, there was no midfield, when Pogba was taken off, the entire team collasped
yes o

joint best defence in the league
joint 3rd in goals scored

but if you keep repeating sh*te, eventually it becomes gospel

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

There you go, very true :clap:
Yes it is a bonus to pick up Sanchez in exchange for Mkhi, he was a surplus no.10 anyway, United already has Mata.

Balance is what United needs more than any change of tactics or manager.
Another defensive midfielder won't be harmful. As well as making sure to play with proper full backs instead of Young and Valencia, they do a good job but once in a while will get caught out by good teams.
I think next transfer window is Mourinho's most important at United, it could be his last if he doesn't buy well like Pep,that is where Pep Guardiola is superior, he buys stuff that is fit for purpose.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

benteke wrote:
Yes it is a bonus to pick up Sanchez in exchange for Mkhi, he was a surplus no.10 anyway, United already has Mata.

Another defensive midfielder won't be harmful. As well as making sure to play with proper full backs instead of Young and Valencia, they do a good job but once in a while will get caught out by good teams.
I think next transfer window is Mourinho's most important at United, it could be his last if he doesn't buy well like Pep,that is where Pep Guardiola is superior, he buys stuff that is fit for purpose.
Exactly, we need defensive midfielders, either they play herrera more, matic is okay but against the big teams, they will render him ineffective, mourinho should never take Pogba off, with him on the pitch, a lot can happen, we lost the game because the formation was wrong, i hope today, martial starts on the left, let sanchez sit on the bench
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

benteke wrote:

So how much will united give him to spend and what area do you think is lacking that you want him buy?
United is lucky from earlier in the season with those good run of victory.The victory over Arsenal,Spurs,draw at Liverpool etc
From now on it will get tough but t he good news is Chelsea and Arsenal looking worst
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: TOTTs VS UNITED (2-0) 2H

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote: Oh wow, i chose to watch a matchup between 2 top 5 EPL teams. what a shocker :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

#clown.

Ps. why you no tune in to watch our CHAN boys now? WE don reach final oh!
we wuz spanked

did you tune in?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: TOTTs VS UNITED (2-0) 2H

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote: Oh wow, i chose to watch a matchup between 2 top 5 EPL teams. what a shocker :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

#clown.

Ps. why you no tune in to watch our CHAN boys now? WE don reach final oh!
we wuz spanked

did you tune in?

I sure did, and proudly so. We carry cup go house. :thumb: remind us where your team was, and what did you win? :taunt: :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

maceo4 wrote:
With the score 0-0 at half-time of Manchester United's win over Huddersfield on Saturday, a home supporter chatted with an employee of the visitors. "We just want to be entertained," said the fan in a shrugging, resigned way. After the game Jose Mourinho, completely unprompted, once again noted that Old Trafford was a "quiet" ground and compared it unfavourably to Portsmouth.

"For such a small stadium the atmosphere there was incredible," he said of Fratton Park. United's manager is correct, but this is a chicken-and-egg situation. He cannot expect fans to conjure enthusiasm for football so functional and for a routine 2-0 victory, in which the only real flair arrived when Paul Pogba came on as a substitute with 25 minutes to go.

Winning is great -- preferable to the alternative -- and, if you do it enough, fans get enthusiastic. But United fans, especially those who were around before 2013, are not only used to winning, they have also been conditioned to expect entertainment. Mourinho can jab away but, until his team provides something more, Old Trafford will continue to be quiet.
http://www.espn.com/soccer/english-prem ... earn-noise

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

The true WE knows what is expected from a storied club like Manchester United. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fly way dey follow shyte, aka kayc2g aka cukkooororkobioko aka dumbodriver aka wastedschoolfees, and his fellow clown theifco whose daily highlight is to troll a country he wishes he is from should take note. :taunt:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16