Nigeria's best goalkeeper is Dele Ajiboye

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria's best goalkeeper is Dele Ajiboye

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Personally, the three goalkeepers I would take to the World Cup would be:

Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Ajiboye

My back-up goalkeeper would be Dele Alampasu. Let us see what Rohr does though.

He will have another opportunity to make a case for himself on Sunday, where I suspect he'll have to be the hero again for us if we are to have any chance of bringing the Cup home.

PS - Dele Aiyenugba has no more business with the Super Eagles.

Do you know Aiyenugba is seeking weekly action in the Israeli league?
Tell Aiyenugba that the shekel he gave you was a waste! He has wasted his money because he will NEVER play for Nigeria again. Mark my words!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
mystic wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Personally, the three goalkeepers I would take to the World Cup would be:

Francis Uzoho
Dele Aiyenugba
Dele Ajiboye

My back-up goalkeeper would be Dele Alampasu. Let us see what Rohr does though.

He will have another opportunity to make a case for himself on Sunday, where I suspect he'll have to be the hero again for us if we are to have any chance of bringing the Cup home.

PS - Dele Aiyenugba has no more business with the Super Eagles.

Do you know Aiyenugba is seeking weekly action in the Israeli league?

Very well then. You win.

Rohr would do well to invite him to Russia to support the team from the stands.
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Kako wrote:
clocky wrote:Ajiboye vs De GEA
Na wow :thumb:
i actually feel bad for the guy watching that clip! de gea went on to a promising career the other begging to go to world cup. he is still quality infact.
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What has Gernot Rohr got against Dele Ajiboye I wonder

Post by Vindave »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
9jaMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dele Ajiboye – Proved he is more than just a back up. Made unbelievable saves which helped Nigeria protect their lead. On the strength of his performance tonight he has no doubt make a case to be included in the senior national team of Nigeria for the World Cup in Russia….. 8.5/10

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/31/ch ... l-dazzles/

[1] I am sure several of you watched the Sudan game and saw Dele Ajiboye prove he is far better than Ikechukwu Ezenwa

[2] This is nothing new to those of you around the camp. You already know that Ajiboye performs better in training than Ezenwa. Even the players will tell you that

[3] Rohr has this terrible habit of liking a player and being blind to those doing better, which worries me at times

[4] After our friendly against Senegal, Daniel Akpeyi should never have been called to camp again but alas, Rohr still uses him

[5] Can Rohr in all honesty tell me that he believes Ikechukwu Ezenwea and Daniel Akpeyi are better than Francis Uzoho and Dele Ajiboye

[6] This is how Rohr kept picking Shehu Abdullahi ahead of Tyronne Ebuehi until Angel Di Maria sjhowed him the folly of his ways

[7] It is also how he kept picking Uwua Echiejile despite having at least two better alternatives available in Aina and Idowu

[8] Can Rohr really hold his hand on his heart and tell me that it is justified to keep calling Ahmed Musa to camp?

[9] Gernot Rohr cannot honestly claim that Kelechi Iheanacho is a better targetman than Victor Osimhen, Olanrewaju Kayode or Taiwo Awoniyi

[10] This his obsession with players he likes until he is forced to drop them is very worrying. Selection should be by merit not because the coach likes your face!

Everything was making sense until you wrote about kayode being a better target man than kelechi? Are you sniffing Cocaine?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What has Gernot Rohr got against Dele Ajiboye I wonder

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Vindave wrote::rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
9jaMan wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Dele Ajiboye – Proved he is more than just a back up. Made unbelievable saves which helped Nigeria protect their lead. On the strength of his performance tonight he has no doubt make a case to be included in the senior national team of Nigeria for the World Cup in Russia….. 8.5/10

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2018/01/31/ch ... l-dazzles/

[1] I am sure several of you watched the Sudan game and saw Dele Ajiboye prove he is far better than Ikechukwu Ezenwa

[2] This is nothing new to those of you around the camp. You already know that Ajiboye performs better in training than Ezenwa. Even the players will tell you that

[3] Rohr has this terrible habit of liking a player and being blind to those doing better, which worries me at times

[4] After our friendly against Senegal, Daniel Akpeyi should never have been called to camp again but alas, Rohr still uses him

[5] Can Rohr in all honesty tell me that he believes Ikechukwu Ezenwea and Daniel Akpeyi are better than Francis Uzoho and Dele Ajiboye

[6] This is how Rohr kept picking Shehu Abdullahi ahead of Tyronne Ebuehi until Angel Di Maria sjhowed him the folly of his ways

[7] It is also how he kept picking Uwua Echiejile despite having at least two better alternatives available in Aina and Idowu

[8] Can Rohr really hold his hand on his heart and tell me that it is justified to keep calling Ahmed Musa to camp?

[9] Gernot Rohr cannot honestly claim that Kelechi Iheanacho is a better targetman than Victor Osimhen, Olanrewaju Kayode or Taiwo Awoniyi

[10] This his obsession with players he likes until he is forced to drop them is very worrying. Selection should be by merit not because the coach likes your face!

Everything was making sense until you wrote about kayode being a better target man than kelechi? Are you sniffing Cocaine?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na Vindave be this? Welcome back!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

I stand firm that after the friendlies, this man will emerge as the number one choice. He and Ezenwa are close but he has the best foot work Uzoho does not and for a big man cannot kick far or play as a sweeper keeper. With both our center backs not able to sweep out of the back, a sweeper/keeper in his mold or Ezenwa's is critical.

If Ajiboye played behind Ebuehi, Idowu, and the Oyinbo wall covered by that engine room and compact midfield, I'm unsure how anyone will score against the Eagles.

Lastly, we have all seen how poorly Nigerian defends set pieces, I'm not sure we will defend like that with our all European defense come the Mundial.