Las Palmas vs Malaga on Monday, Feb 5

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Las Palmas vs Malaga on Monday, Feb 5

Post by metalalloy »

Horrible call .Success was onside. Ideye was off
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ideye was a waste pipe .....on that ball
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

All Naija boys playing :clap:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Isaac should have started the game
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

1naija wrote:What is Ideye's problem?
He is sometimes too cute and not direct enough with the ball.

He had a brief sight of goal & instead of shooting, he tries to take the more difficult path of taking on 2 men b4 shooting. He did not make it past the 1st defender, who put in a great tackle.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Success does not look like he can run for 45 minutes.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

truetalk wrote:Success does not look like he can run for 45 minutes.
lol... understatement
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

1naija wrote:Isaac should have started the game
The fat guy that came in at the end? You wan kill am? He needs to come in slowly while he gains his fitness and trims down.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Success looking a bit fat. But still has the swagger. Needs game time though to get into shape.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:
1naija wrote:Isaac should have started the game
The fat guy that came in at the end? You wan kill am? He needs to come in slowly while he gains his fitness and trims down.
hopefully he gets in shape soon
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

Etebo man of the match. God knows how good he'll get when he plays with the team for a while and settles in
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ratings are in https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12221 ... mas-Malaga

Etebo was the only one with a good rating with 8/10. I think Ideye lost pts for not holding the ball with his back to goal. :taunt:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

niyi wrote:Etebo man of the match. God knows how good he'll get when he plays with the team for a while and settles in

In football, you dont need 100 millon to buy a top player. Good scouting and trust in talent will find you top top players.

:clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ratings are in https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12221 ... mas-Malaga

Etebo was the only one with a good rating with 8/10. I think Ideye lost pts for not holding the ball with his back to goal. :taunt:

Ideye is a poor footballer. Always said that.

I am a huge fans of Success and I secretly hope he can be fantastic and force his way into Rohr's mind, but honestly, I only came to watch Etebo today---he is the only player in the SE that played in this match. The other two are not serious enough to consider. One is a poor footballer and the other one is not a serious person.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Wonder how our boy stopped getting PT with SE, and the likes of Agu came and took over.
Agu isn't a bad player though.
He's ok, but to me Etebo is a higher class/caliber player, from his touch to his engine etc...
Do they play the same position and serve the same tactical purpose?
When Etebo was playing he played CM/DM alongside Onazi, so with Onazi getting hurt vs Zambia expected he would get the call to play centrally with Ndidi.
They dont serve the same tactical purpose.
In that case, Agu also doesn't 'serve the same tactical purpose' as Onazi who's game is most similar to Etebo as they are box to box. Onazi even got injured making one of his runs up the wing. Etebo is a more of a like for like change than Agu who more so sits. Its all about what the coach wants at that point of the game, but just surprised Agu gained the trust of the coach to be chosen for those high intensity games in such a short period...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Six successful dribbles and fouled seven times...
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

danfo driver wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Ratings are in https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/12221 ... mas-Malaga

Ideye is a poor footballer. Always said that.

I am a huge fans of Success and I secretly hope he can be fantastic and force his way into Rohr's mind, but honestly, I only came to watch Etebo today---he is the only player in the SE that played in this match. The other two are not serious enough to consider. One is a poor footballer and the other one is not a serious person.
The fact that he’s 15lbs overweight this late into the season alone rules him out. :boo:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Wonder how our boy stopped getting PT with SE, and the likes of Agu came and took over.
Agu isn't a bad player though.
He's ok, but to me Etebo is a higher class/caliber player, from his touch to his engine etc...
Do they play the same position and serve the same tactical purpose?
When Etebo was playing he played CM/DM alongside Onazi, so with Onazi getting hurt vs Zambia expected he would get the call to play centrally with Ndidi.
They dont serve the same tactical purpose.
In that case, Agu also doesn't 'serve the same tactical purpose' as Onazi who's game is most similar to Etebo as they are box to box. Onazi even got injured making one of his runs up the wing. Etebo is a more of a like for like change than Agu who more so sits. Its all about what the coach wants at that point of the game, but just surprised Agu gained the trust of the coach to be chosen for those high intensity games in such a short period...
Bro, Etebo and Onazi and NOT life for like. Because two players have intensity in their game does not mean they are life for like.

Is it also possible that the coach chose to "release" Ndidi, and have Ndidi move to Onazi's role, while replacing Ndidi with Agu? One needs to be on the bench to realize what the coach wants. I am not saying the coach was right or is always right, by the way.
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Great game for Etebo. Even if Las Palmas get relegated, there will be a few Spanish clubs interested in securing his signature. He wouldn't have looked lost playing for Barcelona on today's performance. His all round movement and play was very good. Unsurprisingly he was MOTM.

Brown Ideye didn't have a great game but he showed he has a lot to offer. He didn't get any decent service as Malaga's overall play was pretty poor but playing away from home, bottom of the league, one can understand their apprehension today. But they need to sort out their m/f and those around Ideye need to know how to get the ball to him and make runs off him.

Success looked way out of shape but showed he can still move and his pace hasn't totally deserted him. He was a bit untidy in a few tackles and I sense if the game had gone on for a few more minutes he might have picked up a card. Not sure if it was the pace of the game that he is coming to terms with. For now he will probably remain an impact sub until he gets his fitness levels back to where they should be.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Mr Shows wrote:Great game for Etebo. Even if Las Palmas get relegated, there will be a few Spanish clubs interested in securing his signature. He wouldn't have looked lost playing for Barcelona on today's performance. His all round movement and play was very good. Unsurprisingly he was MOTM.

Brown Ideye didn't have a great game but he showed he has a lot to offer. He didn't get any decent service as Malaga's overall play was pretty poor but playing away from home, bottom of the league, one can understand their apprehension today. But they need to sort out their m/f and those around Ideye need to know how to get the ball to him and make runs off him.

Success looked way out of shape but showed he can still move and his pace hasn't totally deserted him. He was a bit untidy in a few tackles and I sense if the game had gone on for a few more minutes he might have picked up a card. Not sure if it was the pace of the game that he is coming to terms with. For now he will probably remain an impact sub until he gets his fitness levels back to where they should be.
Ideye struggled but 'held the ball up' much to Ayo's delight I'm sure :rotf: . But if Success was in good shape he would be the one providing more help for Ideye and they can play off each other as the rest of the Malaga team seems completely useless esp. in midfield. That said, Brown still created the best scoring opportunity for Malaga with a beautiful chest control and pin point pass in the box that needed only a tap in and his teammate shot it straight at the goalie, right there he would have earned his weekly paycheck. But once Success gets himself more fit he will definitely help Ideye out more.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Is Success still running towards the corner flag with the ball in the name of dribbling?
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

oloye wrote:Is Success still running towards the corner flag with the ball in the name of dribbling?
He didn't quite make it to the corner flag, gassed out quarter of the way there :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

maceo4 wrote:
oloye wrote:Is Success still running towards the corner flag with the ball in the name of dribbling?
He didn't quite make it to the corner flag, gassed out quarter of the way there :rotf:
Una too wicked for this place :scared:
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho