EPL Barca 1 vs Burnley 1....will Burnley do it...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL Barca 1 vs Burnley 1....will Burnley do it...

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

It's not all about Pep and man City. Burnley is not a bad team. They are at the level of Arsenal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: EPL Barca 1 vs Burnley 0....will Burnley get Burnt....

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

lionga wrote:
kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
SylverEagles wrote:
kajifu wrote:Pep is some time childish,take out Sterling for that miss.
That was very petulant by Pep. The looks on the outside like a nice easy going fella but we've seen enough evidence of his mean streak to see that he might just be a very mean guy.

He did the same to him at Liverpool and gave the vengeful fans a platform to jeer him ... now Sterling was having a stinker plus he missed a sitter but his mere presence in the game was driving Burnley mad and opening up so much space for other attacker’s
Pep is a coward
:? :?

na wa!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:Pep is a great manager but he got exposed today
There are so many games he won because of luck,Soton game,West Ham game etc
He is a good manager but his tactics has help because of the quality of players that has seen him over the line.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

kajifu wrote:
He is a good manager but his tactics has help because of the quality of players that has seen him over the line.
Like who............his best player was a 'portugese pygmy' reject :mrgreen:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

His lead is still unassailable.

Although Man City has three tough games now: Leicester, Arsenal, Chelsea. Very possiblle that Manchester fails to win a single game.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Burnley went direct and that troubled the City backline. Burnley almost always first to the second ball. Sterling missed some chances. Likewise, Ederson kept City in the game. Fair result.

City players are HARDWORKERS. The distance they cover in matches is unbelievable.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

kajifu wrote:
In truth Man City's season was very Ferguson-like. They rarely overran their opponents, but they always managed to come out on top in the end.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

That was an interesting strategy by Burnley, aerial balls to the flanks exposed City's backs.

As for Raheem, he seems to have regressed to the same ole Raheem - a headless chicken.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Leroy Sane was Man City's best player alongside De Bruyne.

They are obviously hurting up front without him.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Lol. They did. City looked tired today. They should have learned from Mourinho's attempted dash.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:
How?.................Oh I get it, by Sterling chopping empty net and Aguero not putting away 2 clear chances.

Er buddy Burnley missed clean cut chances as well plus some excellent saves by Ederson. Bottom line is that he couldn’t overwhelm Burnley with overwhelming talent this time and couldn’t adjust with coaching tactics .... Ederson made more fantastic saves than the Burnley Keeper
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

kajifu wrote:

Exactly what I’m saying. He has overwhelmed teams because of his check book talent and not because of tactics ... today with the absence of his talent riches he was exposed as an overrated coach .... Kpele my brother Zee Zee Top :taunt: :taunt:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Exactly what I’m saying. He has overwhelmed teams because of his check book talent and not because of tactics ... today with the absence of his talent riches he was exposed as an overrated coach .... Kpele my brother Zee Zee Top :taunt: :taunt:
Ok .........we go minus 16pts from Pep :mrgreen: as punishment :D
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

last season exposed the fraud.

that's all i need

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

YUJAM wrote:That was an interesting strategy by Burnley, aerial balls to the flanks exposed City's backs.

As for Raheem, he seems to have regressed to the same ole Raheem - a headless chicken.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

you sheep are funny.

one minute, you're on about how Spendiola developed him
Forgetting why City bought him from Pool in the 1st place

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

anikulapo wrote:Exactly what I’m saying. He has overwhelmed teams because of his check book talent and not because of tactics ... today with the absence of his talent riches he was exposed as an overrated coach .... Kpele my brother Zee Zee Top :taunt: :taunt:
Who are the non overrated coaches who have won consistently with tactics only and not with check book
Kaiser1
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaiser1 »

anikulapo wrote:Exactly what I’m saying. He has overwhelmed teams because of his check book talent and not because of tactics ... today with the absence of his talent riches he was exposed as an overrated coach .... Kpele my brother Zee Zee Top :taunt: :taunt:
Who are the non overrated coaches who have won consistently with tactics only and not with check book
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Nah those have been earned I’m just curious what the deal is gonna be going forward without Sane ... he really can’t afford an injury to Kdb or Sterling

MLK.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

Nah those have been earned I’m just curious what the deal is gonna be going forward without Sane ... he really can’t afford an injury to Kdb or Sterling
If those two get injured,hmmm more points go be drop and ......might just catch up
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

kajifu wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

If those two get injured,hmmm more points go be drop and ......might just catch up
Include Fernandinho in that list of two. That guys 3 jobs at City, playmaking from midfield, defensive midfield and centre back all during the same game, free flowing.
He is the main reason Pep can afford to play De Bruyne and Silva in central midfield.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

anikulapo wrote:
zee wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
kajifu wrote:

but but but... the City academy... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

YUJAM wrote:That was an interesting strategy by Burnley, aerial balls to the flanks exposed City's backs.

Wow!

We are now reduced to analyzing the strategies of a 17th century relic, straight from the cast of the Vikings.

The great EPL! How far have thou fallen....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yup the tactics were quite medieval - route one except that they targeted the City half backs for the most part. Interesting how that tactic seemed to destabilize City.
txj wrote:

Wow!

We are now reduced to analyzing the strategies of a 17th century relic, straight from the cast of the Vikings.

The great EPL! How far have thou fallen....
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"