Joel Obi updates!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Joel Obi updates!

Post by john12 »

After JJ okocha, Joel Obi is the most skillful Nigeria midfielder that’s still playing. If he is fit, I would gladly support the coach calling him up to access if his good enough for the World Cup. Also, barring his injury antecedents it’s kind of risky taking him to the World Cup because he can just drop injured after one game. Anyway, whatever rohr does in reference to Obi i am in support
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Decent showing from Joel this afternoon. Withdrawn after 77 minutes after his team went a goal down.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The YeyeMan wrote:Decent showing from Joel this afternoon. Withdrawn after 77 minutes after his team went a goal down.
Watched the game. IMHO, nothing changed -- Obi can ball and he deserves a call up.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Enugu II wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Decent showing from Joel this afternoon. Withdrawn after 77 minutes after his team went a goal down.
Watched the game. IMHO, nothing changed -- Obi can ball and he deserves a call up.
:thumb:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

This is only player that didnt participate in the World Cup qualifiers that I would support his call up due to the following: he is an exceptional player, has international experience, plays in Italy, would add value to the Eagles. It should be noted that he has a poor injury record and therefore would have to be managed carefully if called up.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

I watched today's game and i think Obi is good but nothing has convinced me we should take him to the world cup.

He covers ground and is good in the transition from defense to attack. I don't think he tackles as well as Onazi. He seems to chase after the ball while doing very little in the sense of tackling. His decision making in the attacking phase is also not as good as Etebo's. He is good but we don't have a midfield weakness and he is injury-prone. Still a no from me.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

niyi wrote:I watched today's game and i think Obi is good but nothing has convinced me we should take him to the world cup.

He covers ground and is good in the transition from defense to attack. I don't think he tackles as well as Onazi. He seems to chase after the ball while doing very little in the sense of tackling. His decision making in the attacking phase is also not as good as Etebo's. He is good but we don't have a midfield weakness and he is injury-prone. Still a no from me.

You are trying too hard bro...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

john12 wrote:After JJ okocha, Joel Obi is the most skillful Nigeria midfielder that’s still playing. If he is fit, I would gladly support the coach calling him up to access if his good enough for the World Cup. Also, barring his injury antecedents it’s kind of risky taking him to the World Cup because he can just drop injured after one game. Anyway, whatever rohr does in reference to Obi i am in support
Do you think Belgium are making the same deductions regarding Vincent Kompany or is he a shoo-in if he remains fit?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Damunk, me personally I would take Obi based on previous performances for SE. however, whatever decision the coach chooses to do in regards to Obi I would respect it
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

txj wrote:
niyi wrote:I watched today's game and i think Obi is good but nothing has convinced me we should take him to the world cup.

You dey mind the mugu
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

9jaMan wrote:
txj wrote:

You dey mind the mugu
I know right, no one is saying he must start but he could give us depth and his club performances have earned him the right to at least be called up for assessment.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Thank you sir. The Obi of today is not the same one of 5 years ago. He just doesn't do enough for me and his best position is still a mystery. I will stick to Mikel, Ndidi, Onazi, Ogu and Etebo. Shehu too can play in midfield.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
john12 wrote:After JJ okocha, Joel Obi is the most skillful Nigeria midfielder that’s still playing. If he is fit, I would gladly support the coach calling him up to access if his good enough for the World Cup. Also, barring his injury antecedents it’s kind of risky taking him to the World Cup because he can just drop injured after one game. Anyway, whatever rohr does in reference to Obi i am in support
Do you think Belgium are making the same deductions regarding Vincent Kompany or is he a shoo-in if he remains fit?
Another one done pay you money? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lilly, remember that he plays in the toughest league compared to all those midfielders you mentioned except ndidi and has scored 5 goals this season. I would take obi over Mikel Agu but whatever the coach decides I’m supporting. No one is bigger than the country
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

john12 wrote:Damunk, me personally I would take Obi based on previous performances for SE. however, whatever decision the coach chooses to do in regards to Obi I would respect it
Agent!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Pavarotti
Egg
Egg

Post by Pavarotti »

Joel Obi: The Phoenix Rises

The toils of yesterday fade once more . . . .

Perhaps the most talked about issue in Nigerian football presently is the speculated and well received news of Joel Obis impending return to the National team

The 26 year old ex Inter Milan players name has been making the rounds . . . http://www.soccerassembly.com/joel-obi-phoenix-rises/
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

txj wrote:

:lol:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joel Obi injured again !!!!!

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
icee wrote:obi subbed for Moretti at 60 something minutes and i'm out!.
62 to be fair,I think he does a good shift and needs to be preserved,I would like to see him play for Nigeria again.

Me too! I look forward to having him join us in September, as we start qualifications for the Nations Cup! :clap:
danfo, nna, how far? Christmas has come early. :D

I can guess which one is you. :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

so happy for our Joel 8-)
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joel Obi injured again !!!!!

Post by danfo driver »

The YeyeMan wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
icee wrote:obi subbed for Moretti at 60 something minutes and i'm out!.
62 to be fair,I think he does a good shift and needs to be preserved,I would like to see him play for Nigeria again.

Me too! I look forward to having him join us in September, as we start qualifications for the Nations Cup! :clap:
danfo, nna, how far? Christmas has come early. :D

I can guess which one is you. :D

E come o! Na me dey back there behind Zee, with her big yansh! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote:so happy for our Joel 8-)

God willing, he stays heathy. That is my only worry.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Joel's invitation is well-deserved.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

He is worthy of a call up and that’s obvious he’s a footballers footballer.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI