Joel Obi updates!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Joel Obi updates!

Post by Gotti »

Flex Swift wrote:
Gotti wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:I would be very surprised if John Ogu made the World Cup squad. He is a very nice guy but he is not an elite player which would explain why he couldn’t make it in Portugal an has ended up in Israel.The quality of football to be played at WC he is not at that level.

Onazi’s form has dipped and he could also find himself on the World Cup standby list if things don’t change.

Over the too friendlies Joel Obi in my opinion did enough to threaten both Onazi and Ogu’s position. Against Poland he was everywhere closing down the opposition, taking the ball from the back four, winning the ball in midfield. He was dropped from the last World Cup squad in favour of Reuben and Babatunde players as it proved to be utter rubbish. Obi spent majority of his career playing for Inter Milan and now plays for Torino has he been a crap player he would not have lasted this long in the Italian top flight. Rohr should not make the mistake Keshi made in taking substandard players (Reuben, Azeez ,Babatunde) that play in backwater leagues for a genuine talent playing in one of the best leagues in Europe.
Since when did the La Liga become a “backwater” league? :blink:

Joel Obi’s issues have never been talent but a history of injuries. That is primarily the reason for his 4-year prolonged absence from the SE, rather than so-called “mistake” from any coach - Keshi, Siasia or Oliseh (even Rohr until this month of March). In the season leading into the 2014 WC, dude played a full 90 minute game only TWICE in the entire season and make a grand total of 8 appearances all season (being either subbed-on or off in the other 6 games). Dude was actually quite fortunate to be a surprise call-up for the pre-WC 2014 camp, as he was clearly not match-fit (albeit not sure that Reuben was either). Now, that Joel has been relatively fit and playing regularly he has earned due consideration and no one should begrudge him if the coaches elect to take him to Russia - but abegi let’s quit revising factual history to score cheap partisan polemic points.
Agreed at the time Azeez was playing in La liga however his team was fighting relegation and he was mainly on the bench. If his selection was justified why is he now on the list of players ‘where are they now’.

Joel Obi played in the friendly against Scotland ...his omission from the’squad had nothing to do with injury the same way Mba , Nosa & Ideye omission had nothing to do with injury.
So La Liga became a "backwater league" because Almeria was fighting relegation? OK o... :lol:
BTW, Azeez played 30 league games in that 2013/14 season leading into the 2014 WC, 22 as starter.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote:Bully12,

Here is the official reasons why players were dropped from the 2014 World Cup. Please also note that injuries are not only sustained in competitive games. They can be sustained in training.
MBA 'TOO RELAXED', JOEL OBI INJURED EXPLAINS KESHI
https://africanfootball.com/news/431074 ... ains-Keshi
by Staff Reporter
Tuesday Jun 03, 2014. 04:36

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has explained to AfricanFootball.com why he axed AFCON hero Sunday Mba and Joel Obi from his final 23-man squad for the World Cup.

Joel Obi, who played on loan at Parma from Inter Milan last season, was again the victim of injury, according to Keshi.

“Joel (had) a little bit of ankle problem, but he was still trying, I just didn't want to risk it. But I am happy I spent a little time with him," Keshi informed AfricanFootball.com

Mba was another major omission from Brazil 2014 particularly after his exploits at last year’s Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa, where he scored the championship winner against Burkina Faso and also sunk tournament favourites Cote d’Ivoire.

However, Keshi told AfricanFootball.com that the former Enugu Rangers star did not show enough desire even after he joined the squad late in London as a a result of a visa hitch.

"For Sunday Mba, his lateness to camp contributed but outside that he did not show the hunger, the fight, we expected for him,” explained Keshi.

“We have only two and half week to prepare for the World Cup and he was not giving us what we wanted. He was very relaxed and it was unlike him.”

Keshi further confirmed AfricanFootball.com exclusive that Obinna Nsofor was axed due to a knee injury.

"Nsofor a little bit with knee problem, but he was pushing,” he revealed.

By Arafat Aliu
EII, abegi take your time derailing fictional feelings with facts...
I'm sure BULLY12, having swallowed a medical dictionary, is better placed to assess camp fitness. SMH
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

the only thing great about Joel is the lobbying campaign that got him invited in the first place
He was useless in both games
Useless in both positions played
a downgrade on Ogu in central midfield
a downgrade on Iwobi in Attacking midfield
bully12
Egg
Egg

Post by bully12 »

smartbrother wrote:the only thing great about Joel is the lobbying campaign that got him invited in the first place
you are surely living up to your name smartbrother. I wonder how smart the rest of your brethren are. In the land of the blind.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

bully12 wrote:
smartbrother wrote:the only thing great about Joel is the lobbying campaign that got him invited in the first place
you are surely living up to your name smartbrother. I wonder how smart the rest of your brethren are. In the land of the blind.
:lol: :lol: bully my boy
no big words for us today? why now
my brethren and I are having a ball. thanks for asking
i don't wonder how dumb and frustrated you & your kinsmen are
that much is self evident :laugh: :laugh:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

You cannot deny that Joel was atrocious in both games. Infact, If ogu had performed that horrible then that would had been his Climax on here for super eagles. Anyway, I still believe that Joel deserves another chance for de and should only be a squad player at best
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

john12 wrote:You cannot deny that Joel was atrocious in both games. Infact, If ogu had performed that horrible then that would had been his Climax on here for super eagles. Anyway, I still believe that Joel deserves another chance for de and should only be a squad player at best
Only Musa was worse than him.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

The YeyeMan wrote:
john12 wrote:You cannot deny that Joel was atrocious in both games. Infact, If ogu had performed that horrible then that would had been his Climax on here for super eagles. Anyway, I still believe that Joel deserves another chance for de and should only be a squad player at best
Are you just saying this to wind up agent John

If we are honest Musa did ok especially when moved into his natural position
As a wide forward
He created a few opportunities and Showed great leadership by tracking back to help Idowu
Joel obi was the worst player on the pitch
followed by onazi imho
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

smartbrother wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Are you just saying this to wind up agent John

If we are honest Musa did ok especially when moved into his natural position
As a wide forward
He created a few opportunities and Showed great leadership by tracking back to help Idowu
Joel obi was the worst player on the pitch
followed by onazi imho
Yes.

And your opinion on Musa and Obi's performances against Poland please...? :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

I thought they were both useless v Poland
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

smartbrother wrote:I thought they were both useless v Poland
No further questions, thank you.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

bully12 wrote:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16