Sammy Ameobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Sammy Ameobi

Post by smartbrother »

The boy is doing great things at Bolton
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... obins.html
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sammy Ameobi

Post by cchinukw »

Congrats to him.

Nigeria don't need him, just in case that's where you were going with this :P
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

cchinukw wrote:Congrats to him.

Of course we need him if he keeps up the good form . Always welcome to help with the push for 2019 nations cup qualifications he still young
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Shameless people this is how shola ameobi got to Russia undeservedly
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

john12 wrote:Shameless people this is how shola ameobi got to Russia undeservedly
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

I knew thos would come on here after watching him last night CE does not disappoint . But then he is a Nigerian so we need to talk about him,personally i dont like his style of play.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

john12 wrote:Shameless people this is how shola ameobi got to Russia undeservedly
Indeed!! The almighty "Cybereagles thread post" was the deciding factor in Ameobi making our World Cup squad :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Don't rate the dude sha....
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by smartbrother »

oloye wrote:I knew thos would come on here after watching him last night CE does not disappoint .
Lol reading your comment one would think there was something inherently wrong -even sinful- about opening a thread on Sammy Ameobi
very strange
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Sunset wrote:
Indeed!! The almighty "Cybereagles thread post" was the deciding factor in Ameobi making our World Cup squad :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Don't rate the dude sha....
Thank you. The level of reasoning here can be baffling sometimes.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

smartbrother wrote:
oloye wrote:I knew thos would come on here after watching him last night CE does not disappoint .
Lol reading your comment one would think there was something inherently wrong -even sinful- about opening a thread on Sammy Ameobi
very strange
You are absolutely correct to open a thread about a Nigerian player on a Nigerian forum. This makes more sense than most of the EPL threads we are spammed with. Some people are on a mission to shut down any discussion about players they do not like.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

Very happy for him that he's making waves at Bolton. I always thought he had some potential when he was breaking into the Premier League with Newcastle. With respect to the national team though, he's still got a lot to do.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

He's not his brother. For one, he tried out for the Flying Eagles and has always wanted to represent Nigeria. Unlike Shola who had no interest in us when he was a halfway decent player, only to turn up in a Super Eagles jersey when he was past his prime.

Also, this is a Nigerian football website. If we cannot discuss Nigerian footballers here (even if it's a World Cup year) then we might as well shut down. I understand that you have an aversion to repeating some of the mistakes of the past, but you're taking this thing too far.
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

Sammy Amoebi, is a devoted Nigerian to the core. He deserves any accolade that could be attached to any other Nigerian. If he keeps up his game, he deserves a call up period.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

mystic wrote:

He's not his brother. For one, he tried out for the Flying Eagles and has always wanted to represent Nigeria. Unlike Shola who had no interest in us when he was a halfway decent player, only to turn up in a Super Eagles jersey when he was past his prime.

Also, this is a Nigerian football website. If we cannot discuss Nigerian footballers here (even if it's a World Cup year) then we might as well shut down. I understand that you have an aversion to repeating some of the mistakes of the past, but you're taking this thing too far.
People are being hounded when they discuss Nigerian footballers on a Nigerian forum. Absolutely pathetic.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

He might deserve a call up but it’s not for this World Cup
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:He might deserve a call up but it’s not for this World Cup
Nobody was advocating a call up yet. The OP was praising a Nigerian player that did well in his last game. On this site we follow ALL Nigerian players, not just those who (in our subjective opinion) deserve to be called up for the world cup.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

john12 wrote:He might deserve a call up but it’s not for this World Cup

He's not deserving of a call-up, and the thread starter did not mention it.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Dude is a NAIJARIAN!

If the coach thinks he has something to offer he should be invited.

The audacity of those questioning his Naijarianess. Dude has done more for Naijaria than some of you yahoos.
He reps Naijaria to the fullest.

The coach determines who will play for him.

If you all don't like it, there's always Ghana and CIV... even Cameroon.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I do die-o!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Cellular wrote:Dude is a NAIJARIAN!

If the coach thinks he has something to offer he should be invited.

The audacity of those questioning his Naijarianess. Dude has done more for Naijaria than some of you yahoos.
He reps Naijaria to the fullest.

The coach determines who will play for him.

If you all don't like it, there's always Ghana and CIV... even Cameroon.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: My belle-o! Eh? Oga Cellular, na you tok dis kin tin? So you dey tell our pipul to comot for hia abi na wrtin you mean?