Iwobi vs Everton

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Re: Iwobi vs Everton

Post by Cally »

Cito wrote:I think he played very well today.
However, there is this thing he does with the ball that baffles me. He has a tendency to "push" the ball to his teammate instead of kicking it, which ultimately makes for a weak or inaccurate pass.

Overall he is improving when compared to some diabolical display from him in most games this season. 7/10 seem a good score for his performance against Everton.
Diabolical? Smh
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

2018 Arsenal's may be the most successful January transfer window in the history of the premier league.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Cally wrote:
However, there is this thing he does with the ball that baffles me. He has a tendency to "push" the ball to his teammate instead of kicking it, which ultimately makes for a weak or inaccurate pass.

Overall he is improving when compared to some diabolical display from him in most games this season. 7/10 seem a good score for his performance against Everton.
Diabolical? Smh
Yes! Some of his plays in a few games this season could only be diabolical in its terribleness. He is improving tho and more work is needed to get where we know his potentials can lead to.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cally wrote:

Diabolical? Smh

Why are you shaking your head? Even against Everton he made some nearly catastrophic errors. One of which caused the break that led to Cech's injury on a collision after the ball smacked into the crossbar.

Overall Alex had a good game. A solid bounce back performance from a string of sub par performances... It's amazing how much rope you get when Arsene believes in you. With all the hatred he has received from social media it's amazing how much belief Arsene has shown in the lad. But it's the same for less talented scrubs like Xhacrap, Denilson and Ramshyt :curse:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Cito wrote:
Cally wrote:

Diabolical? Smh
Yes! Some of his plays in a few games this season could only be diabolical in its terribleness. He is improving tho and more work is needed to get where we know his potentials can lead to.

Leave am ..some people choose to see what they want
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cally wrote:

Diabolical? Smh

Damn diabolical is harsh, I'd say he was playing more 'scared' than anything, just passing backwards and not trying to spoil ball. But now seems his confidence has grown.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

maceo4 wrote:
anikulapo wrote:
Cito wrote:
Cally wrote:

Diabolical? Smh

Damn diabolical is harsh, I'd say he was playing more 'scared' than anything, just passing backwards and not trying to spoil ball. But now seems his confidence has grown.

Okay diabolical might be just a little tad too harsh but remember we are looking at him through rose colored Naija lenses which we are entitled too. I believe the narrative of him would be different had he been Irish here :mrgreen: :mrgreen: anyway the boy is a classy talented player.

I'm hoping he regains the confidence and freedoms of expression that he freely showcased when he first broke on the scene .... hopefully he has learned how fleeting fame and good fortune can be

MLK.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:Iwobi in my opinion was on top of his game today.
He was all over the pitch - left, right, up front, niddle of pitch, even as far back as the left back position helping out.
I continue to marvel at his close control in very tight spots and today was no exception. Quick thinking and quick feet in perfect harmony.
Long range passing mostly accurate. There were also a few wayward passes today and it is only out of our desire for absolute perfection from him that we complain about them.

Two such incidents stood out:
1. On the offensive just outside the opponents' box on the left. Faced with a close-marking opponent he turned the guy inside out in a twinkle of an eye. I think he lured him into a tackle and then nutmegged him. In the process, the defender tripped him up but he had already freed himself, stumbled on but somehow managed to scramble to his feet. All he then had to do was cross a decent ball with his left but the cross was weak and didn't reach its target.

2. In a rearguard position, this time more like in the left back position close to the touchline. Received an awkward ball from a teammate from a height, very closely marked by an opponent. Somehow managed to gain control of it, 'heighted' the opponent JJ-style and laid a quick pass to a teammate which again didn't reach its target. Very tight area which he again utilised perfectly but his final ball didn't get there.

Very few errors and an overall good game.
I'd give a 7/10.
Nitpicking! Every player on the pitch had one or 2 passes that either didnt reach its target or were intercepted. I rate his performance a 9/10. Him, Moses, and Ehianacho will be the syars of this WC. I like that Rohr gives his players especially these 3 a freer role than play at their clubs..
Minus 2 points automatically because he has something to do with the Man with Many Pockets :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: so 7/10 is about right.
I seriously doubt they are related. They say an apple does not fall far from the tree, but Iwobi could not be further away from the tree. His style of football is purposeful, effective and aimed at getting results, things that can never never be associated with TMWMP. Infact I think TMWMP is claiming to be related to Iwobi same way he summerflopped to claim Aghahowas goal in 2000.
Chei...Na Oga Jay Jay you see finish like this... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Robbynice wrote:
1naija wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:
Damunk wrote:Iwobi in my opinion was on top of his game today.
He was all over the pitch - left, right, up front, niddle of pitch, even as far back as the left back position helping out.
I continue to marvel at his close control in very tight spots and today was no exception. Quick thinking and quick feet in perfect harmony.
Long range passing mostly accurate. There were also a few wayward passes today and it is only out of our desire for absolute perfection from him that we complain about them.

Two such incidents stood out:
1. On the offensive just outside the opponents' box on the left. Faced with a close-marking opponent he turned the guy inside out in a twinkle of an eye. I think he lured him into a tackle and then nutmegged him. In the process, the defender tripped him up but he had already freed himself, stumbled on but somehow managed to scramble to his feet. All he then had to do was cross a decent ball with his left but the cross was weak and didn't reach its target.

2. In a rearguard position, this time more like in the left back position close to the touchline. Received an awkward ball from a teammate from a height, very closely marked by an opponent. Somehow managed to gain control of it, 'heighted' the opponent JJ-style and laid a quick pass to a teammate which again didn't reach its target. Very tight area which he again utilised perfectly but his final ball didn't get there.

Very few errors and an overall good game.
I'd give a 7/10.
Nitpicking! Every player on the pitch had one or 2 passes that either didnt reach its target or were intercepted. I rate his performance a 9/10. Him, Moses, and Ehianacho will be the syars of this WC. I like that Rohr gives his players especially these 3 a freer role than play at their clubs..
Minus 2 points automatically because he has something to do with the Man with Many Pockets :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: so 7/10 is about right.
I seriously doubt they are related. They say an apple does not fall far from the tree, but Iwobi could not be further away from the tree. His style of football is purposeful, effective and aimed at getting results, things that can never never be associated with TMWMP. Infact I think TMWMP is claiming to be related to Iwobi same way he summerflopped to claim Aghahowas goal in 2000.
Chei...Na Oga Jay Jay you see finish like this... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na true 1Naija tok o...but wetin small pikin like me know?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."