Who else has noticed that Balogun is still out injured?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Who else has noticed that Balogun is still out injured?

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Has anyone else not noticed that since the resumption of the Bundesliga, Leon Balogun has remained out injured. He is not even named in match squads.

I just hope he recovers soon. Given that he is 29 we have to ask ourselves if he will be fit enough for the World Cup at the end of the season. Will he have the pace?

Unfortunately, Balogun is another player highly prone to injury, so we need to have a Plan B. Throughout the qualifiers he was out rock at the back but I am now worried about his fitness.

We saw Argentina give him a hard time and I trust Rohr would not have missed it either. If he was not fully fit during that game and is in a similar state come the World Cup, should Awaziem or Omeruo be considered as a replacement?
smartbrother
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Who else has noticed that Balogun is still out injured?

Post by smartbrother »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Has anyone else not noticed that since the resumption of the Bundesliga, Leon Balogun has remained out injured. He is not even named in match squads.

I just hope he recovers soon. Given that he is 29 we have to ask ourselves if he will be fit enough for the World Cup at the end of the season. Will he have the pace?

Unfortunately, Balogun is another player highly prone to injury, so we need to have a Plan B. Throughout the qualifiers he was out rock at the back but I am now worried about his fitness.

We saw Argentina give him a hard time and I trust Rohr would not have missed it either. If he was not fully fit during that game and is in a similar state come the World Cup, should Awaziem or Omeruo be considered as a replacement?
Balogun is almost as bad as joel obi in terms of injury
you cannot count on him being fit throughout the world cup
Awaziem looks ok in a back 3 but in a flat back four i dont think he is good enough
Rohr needs to play Omeruo and Ekong together more often
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Let's continue to pray for him and the rest of the players. May God grant him speedy recovery in Jesus name.
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Against Argentina, our defence only really stabilised when Omeruo came on for Balogun. No doubt, Rohr is looking at things and will make decisions accordingly.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Yes it's a source of concern. When healthy Balogun is our most reliable defender. Wishing him speedy recovery, but honestly, I won't be surprised if Awazeim and Ekong start at the world cup. Balogun gets injured often. He's beginning to go the path of Joel Obi. Omeruo, Idowu, and Ambrose are other options at CB when Balogun is unavailable. Not sold on Uche Agbo.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Against Argentina, our defence only really stabilised when Omeruo came on for Balogun. No doubt, Rohr is looking at things and will make decisions accordingly.

Agents. Balogun will be ready for Russia. If he isn't we have sufficient cover for him. Nigeria has a good team and they play as a TEAM, which is even more important. Let's stop sounding false alarm. I know that's hard for agents to do, but let's try ....
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Against Argentina, our defence only really stabilised when Omeruo came on for Balogun. No doubt, Rohr is looking at things and will make decisions accordingly.
Agents. Balogun will be ready for Russia. If he isn't we have sufficient cover for him. Nigeria has a good team and they play as a TEAM, which is even more important. Let's stop sounding false alarm. I know that's hard for agents to do, but let's try ....
Oga 1Naija, so anyone who says anything (good or bad) about a player(s) is an agent? Just asking - bro!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Oga 1Naija, so anyone who says anything (good or bad) about a player(s) is an agent? Just asking - bro!
If that person has previously suggested Efe Ambrose and Dele Aiyenugba, then the writing is on the wall. :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Yes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Ayo thinks Arsenal starter, Iwobi, should be dropped. And Arsenal loanee, Nwakali, who was a benchwarmer for a backyard team and had to be re-sent on loan to a div 2 team, should be selected.

And you people think Agents are not working over time???? Fear God abeg!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
If that person has previously suggested Efe Ambrose and Dele Aiyenugba, then the writing is on the wall. :roll:
Hmm, ok! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Odas on Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote:
Odas wrote:
1naija wrote:
Yes.
Ok-oo!
miky
Egg
Egg

Post by miky »

Balogun probably gets injured because he seems to do a lot of dirty work, despite his lanky frame. i always notice he goes in for slides and tackle, he should reduce that for real.
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Has anyone else not noticed that since the resumption of the Bundesliga, Leon Balogun has remained out injured. He is not even named in match squads.

Are you sure he is injured or he is just not making the match day squad?
I am happy
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

As we speak, Awaziem is still out injured too.these injuries are worrying!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

smartbrother wrote: Balogun is almost as bad as joel obi in terms of injury
you cannot count on him being fit throughout the world cup
Awaziem looks ok in a back 3 but in a flat back four i dont think he is good enough
Rohr needs to play Omeruo and Ekong together more often
Awaziem has been out injured for past few weeks...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Even when fit, Balogun rarely gets into his club team's first 11.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Don't worry guys................CHAN defenders are more than ready for Russia :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

That's a pretty simplistic analysis, as Omeruo was pretty shaky as well. That being said, the Argentina game was the worst I have ever seen Balogun play for Nigeria. The biggest thing that happened when he left was that Ekong took over. He ran the show...and ran it well. But between Balogun and Omeruo, can't really say who played better. I was left wondering what happened to both of them
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

deanotito wrote:
That's a pretty simplistic analysis, as Omeruo was pretty shaky as well. That being said, the Argentina game was the worst I have ever seen Balogun play for Nigeria. The biggest thing that happened when he left was that Ekong took over. He ran the show...and ran it well. But between Balogun and Omeruo, can't really say who played better. I was left wondering what happened to both of them
And was the Argentine game the first time we ever played 5 at the back? And did the coach and all the players not state categorically that the first half was very bad because they were confused with the tactic, as they were not used to it?

Please, lets not allow Ayo confuse us and we forget the truth. Omeruo came in in a second half, after the players had played 45 minutes + of that formation. And he came in during a second half after Aguero had been injured and substituted. And during a second half where we were in the ascendancy, and we were clearly more organized (after changes were made at half time).

Truth is Ayo's analysis is one that should be looked at and pushed to the side. Our defense was stabilized for many reasons, including the tactical change made by the coach at half-time and the replacement of Aina and Shehu was also a reason.

Omeruo will be lucky to get into the world cup squad. over the last one year, the coach had preferred Uche Agbo over him. I think he was even invited to the Argentina game based on someone's injury (?).
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Idowu and Ambrose are also options at CB.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

olu wrote:Idowu and Ambrose are also options at CB.
In September, yes, we await their help during the nations cup qualifiers. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Who else has noticed that Ayoakinfe is still starting junk threads?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."