MOROCCO(4) VS NIGERIA(0) CHAN FINAL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Re: MOROCCO(4) VS NIGERIA(0) CHAN FINAL

Post by Rawlings »

My Naija brodas
Long time. How bodi?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Kabalega wrote:Highlights
[/video]

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

what an embarrassment

that should have been 8-kondo

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

ayohoff
Egg
Egg

Post by ayohoff »

After watching the highlights and the full match, i don't see why Ajiboye should be blamed for any of the goals scored. It was more of the Moroccan team against the goalie under heavy downpour. There was no defense in front of him to protect him, the scoreline should have been more. In my opinion the score might have been worse had Ezenwa been in goal. Ajiboye should be ahead of Ezenwa in the pecking order. :???:
great goal!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

ayohoff wrote:After watching the highlights and the full match, i don't see why Ajiboye should be blamed for any of the goals scored. It was more of the Moroccan team against the goalie under heavy downpour. There was no defense in front of him to protect him, the scoreline should have been more. In my opinion the score might have been worse had Ezenwa been in goal. Ajiboye should be ahead of Ezenwa in the pecking order. :???:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:This is a Northern Nigerian team not a national team...
Exactly Bros! :thumb:

As we all know Ezenwa, Ajiboye, Okoro, Udoh, Ezeh, Ojo, Ifeanyi, Atuloma, Ogbuh, Faleye, Okechuwu, Orji, etc. are all "Northern" Nigerians. Knuckle-dragging ethnic demagogues have invaded CE. SMDH.
if Im not mistaken his name means - a good sheep?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Gotti wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:This is a Northern Nigerian team not a national team...
Exactly Bros! :thumb:

As we all know Ezenwa, Ajiboye, Okoro, Udoh, Ezeh, Ojo, Ifeanyi, Atuloma, Ogbuh, Faleye, Okechuwu, Orji, etc. are all "Northern" Nigerians. Knuckle-dragging ethnic demagogues have invaded CE. SMDH.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:Ajiboye tried, should have been 10-0
No mind people on CE.
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

For a team that I personally believed would have exited in the group stages, they have done quite well to get to the final. The final result was painful for them but I hope we learn from it and get better.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

mystic wrote:Congrats to the team on finishing runners up! Much work clearly lies ahead of us with respect to putting together a successful CHAN team. The result shows two things:

1. Our league still has a long way to go.

2. We have to devise a better plan for our Chan Eagles. Scrambling a team together on the eve of the tournament simply doesn't cut it.
KPOM!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

Well, is true that I don't have any serious evidence that team has some spices of ethnicity/religion on it. For instance why take that small boy Muhammed (Boko haram) survive to the tournament if you know u will not use him? There were other players in the team that were marginally used... We have other good and better players in the league...

Another factor that militated against the squad is poor preparation, fire brigade approach by our local organisers... nothing seems to interest them because is not their private business. Typical Nigeria civil servants style.

But you guys should forgive me if my accusation based on the emotional torture I got from watching the poor show of shame melted to my country yesterday was unacceptable. ..I am truly sorry.

I know insurance is in Div 2 but I know how the Nigeria league works to some extent. Some Div 2 teams are far better than the Pro clubs here in Nigeria but gaining promotion depends on the power of your money and connection. I don't want to mention Warri Wolf, or J. Atete clubs all in Div 2 in delta state...
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Vindave wrote:Well, is true that I don't have any serious evidence that team has some spices of ethnicity/religion on it. For instance why take that small boy Muhammed (Boko haram) survive to the tournament if you know u will not use him? There were other players in the team that were marginally used... We have other good and better players in the league...

Another factor that militated against the squad is poor preparation, fire brigade approach by our local organisers... nothing seems to interest them because is not their private business. Typical Nigeria civil servants style.

But you guys should forgive me if my accusation based on the emotional torture I got from watching the poor show of shame melted to my country yesterday was unacceptable. ..I am truly sorry.

I know insurance is in Div 2 but I know how the Nigeria league works to some extent. Some Div 2 teams are far better than the Pro clubs here in Nigeria but gaining promotion depends on the power of your money and connection. I don't want to mention Warri Wolf, or J. Atete clubs all in Div 2 in delta state...

Vindave,

Not a big deal. Preparation was surely an issue but also rebuilding a team with little time. Here are things to note. After the WAFU late last year, here are key (Not reserves) players who were lost for reasons of injury or foreign contracts:

Anikaye (injury)
Akas
Azeez
Ubong
Eduwo

Coming into the final yesterday, these players were additionally lost:

Ezenwa
Itodo
Faleye

Now I have not mentioned suspended Ifeanyi Ifeanyi who was a constant from the WAFU but has really not been in form. In my own opinion, the reason why people often forget these losses is that the substitute players have played almost just as well which in itself is credit to the managers. IMO, Morocco was just a better team and a team drawn largely from Africa's champion club Wydad. The reality is that going into this competition this team was not truly expected to get to the medal round but they surprised everyone to reach the final. They were truly not expected to beat Morocco even if the game had been at a neutral ground, let alone in Morocco, without a miracle. They were underdogs. However, I certainly did not expected the wide margin of defeat but I believe that was due to the loss of a player to a red card so early in the second half in the midst of the odds already mentioned and faced with some soft decisions by the ref that appeared to favor the host team.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...can't bare to watch. That left back Moses head need checking. Reckless naija street style football.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote:...can't bare to watch. That left back Moses head need checking. Reckless naija street style football.
mcal,

He isn't a left back. He was a wide midfielder in the game. It was awful tackle.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote:
mcal wrote:...can't bare to watch. That left back Moses head need checking. Reckless naija street style football.
mcal,

He isn't a left back. He was a wide midfielder in the game. It was awful tackle.
...thanks. Where he was making the tackle make me think so.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

The defence simply collasped. the score could have been worst. My only criticism from the highlights is that the goalkeeper should have been looking to knock the ball out of play rather into traffic. The keeper also looked Suspect on crosses.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

I am hearing that the Eagles chickened out and could not keep up. WC is coming o.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

:curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: Disgusting performance. I hope Rhor kicks Yusuf out of his caching staff. What a diabolically useless coach.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

the old local chicken was on a yc....

and he decides to pull a 2-footed slide tackle.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: MOROCCO(2) VS NIGERIA(0) CHAN FINAL

Post by tfco »

miky wrote:Abeg mods update the score i don tire

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MOROCCO(2) VS NIGERIA(0) CHAN FINAL

Post by danfo driver »

tfco wrote:
miky wrote:Abeg mods update the score i don tire
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Rawlings wrote:My Naija brodas
Long time. How bodi?
We dey broda. We are preparing to storm the World Cup. How una dey? How can we help you cope with no World Cup?
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

platinum wrote:
Long time. How bodi?
We dey broda. We are preparing to storm the World Cup. How una dey? How can we help you cope with no World Cup?
WAFU: 4-1
CHAN: 4-0

storm.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Long time. How bodi?

Well look who it is. How far nah? You dey go Russia? :D
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16