MOROCCO(4) VS NIGERIA(0) CHAN FINAL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: MOROCCO(4) VS NIGERIA(0) CHAN FINAL

Post by platinum »

tfco wrote:
platinum wrote:
Rawlings wrote:My Naija brodas
Long time. How bodi?
We dey broda. We are preparing to storm the World Cup. How una dey? How can we help you cope with no World Cup?
WAFU: 4-1
CHAN: 4-0

storm.
Okay, so una prefer WAFU cup and CHAN to world cup? Okay, now i get why e dey sweet your belle.
Enjoy, in Nigeria, we prefer world cup then ANC
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

platinum wrote:
tfco wrote:
platinum wrote:
Long time. How bodi?
We dey broda. We are preparing to storm the World Cup. How una dey? How can we help you cope with no World Cup?

storm.
Okay, so una prefer WAFU cup and CHAN to world cup? Okay, now i get why e dey sweet your belle.
quarter finals

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

tfco wrote:
platinum wrote:
tfco wrote:
platinum wrote:
Long time. How bodi?

storm.
quarter finals
Russia 2018
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Ajiboye's world cup wet dreams just went down the drain. :sneaky:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

cchinukw wrote:Ajiboye's world cup wet dreams just went down the drain. :sneaky:
It should not at all. If any goal could be directly attributed to him, it would be the first one that he flopped at. Once the red card came, he was at the mercy of the moroccans and actually did a good job to keep the scoreline at only 4.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

ohenhen1 wrote:I think it is time to scrap this tourney. Lets focus on regional tournaments for home based players.

WAFU should get more investment. Don't even send a team to this tournament.
Why?, because Nigeria lost?, i think the tournament is accomplishing what it set out to do..expose locally based players
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
Gotti wrote::clap: :clap: :clap:

WELL DONE ALL THE SAME...
YOU DID BETTER THAN ANY SANE PERSON EXPECTED.
But our coach... :curse: :curse: :curse:

This final exposed him badly...
A big loss exposes anyone, he got the team to the finals, it means he has something, a team no one expected in the finals, cut him some slack
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Oguleftie wrote:The coach may just have lost his job as assistant to Rohr.
Rohr does not act on impulse, this I have seen
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

cchinukw wrote:Ajiboye's world cup wet dreams just went down the drain. :sneaky:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
It should not at all. If any goal could be directly attributed to him, it would be the first one that he flopped at. Once the red card came, he was at the mercy of the moroccans and actually did a good job to keep the scoreline at only 4.
does Albrighton have wet dreams? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The way you follow mourinho, no real shock that you would be curious to find out if another man has wet dreams.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
The way you follow mourinho, no real shock that you would be curious to find out if another man has wet dreams.
I thought you preferred Albrighton? or is it Gray's wet dream that wets your mouth? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
I thought you preferred Albrighton? or is it Gray's wet dream that wets your mouth? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: small boy. You dey find someone to enter gutter with you eh? keep searching.

#wastedschoolfees.

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

akamoke wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

A big loss exposes anyone, he got the team to the finals, it means he has something, a team no one expected in the finals, cut him some slack
Fair point...

But can't shake the feeling the final game was the genuine minimum benchmark to produce a decent performance - even in defeat...
A final game should be the culmination of the team's performance all through the tournament...

That woeful loss is simply bad optics for Salisu Yusuf...

P.S.:You think Westerhof would have survived after Algiers 1990 if the 1-5 loss to Algeria had happened in the final game..?
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
akamoke wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Fair point...

But can't shake the feeling the final game was the genuine minimum benchmark to produce a decent performance - even in defeat...
A final game should be the culmination of the team's performance all through the tournament...

P.S.:You think Westerhof would have survived after Algiers 1990 if the 1-5 loss to Algeria had happened in the final game..?

So we should fire Salisu and disrupt our coaching staff few months to the World Cup?

Una don come again.
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Just found out Nigeria will drop 20 places in the FIFA ranking due to doing so well at the CHAN.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
:lol:

hi pot, meet kettle

How many other Prem managers do u lust over as much as JM....especially after a loss....

Still awaiting your comments in the Arse v United game though...its been only 2 months

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

tfco wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
metalalloy wrote:
:lol:

hi pot, meet kettle

How many other Prem managers do u lust over as much as JM....especially after a loss....

Still awaiting your comments in the Arse v United game though...its been only 2 months
Unlike you and your fellow mongrel, i don't lust after other men. You two do more than enough for everyone on this forum so, try again :taunt:

Did i watch the arsenal game? :lol: Why should I comment on a game i missed? What do you want to hear about the game? Just fill in the blank of what you want me to say and go ahead and post your latest juvenile twitter copypasta :lol:

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

marutimon wrote:Just found out Nigeria will drop 20 places in the FIFA ranking due to doing so well at the CHAN.
Huh? When did CHAN start having a bearing on fifa rankings? abeg post the source to that your claim.
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

mystic wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
akamoke wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Fair point...

So we should fire Salisu and disrupt our coaching staff few months to the World Cup?

Una don come again.
Na you wey don come again...
Where I recommend make dem sack am..?

My example of Westerhof was simply to show the significance of performing well in the final game...

We're discussing criticism of Salisu here; then pronto - the issue of sack pops up...
Criticism of a coach translates to sack?
Na wa for you o...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

DALUNG DRAWS POSITIVES FROM SUPER EAGLES’ CHAN’S RUNNERS-UP POSITION
1 DAY AGO
https://www.sportsvillagesquare.com/201 ... -position/

Nigerians have been urged to take the positives away from the CHAN Super Eagles’ second best performance in Casablanca Morocco.

Despite losing 0-4 to hosts-Morocco in the final of the 2018 edition of the African Nations Championship played on Sunday, Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung said the Super Eagles had recorded another ‘first’ in football history.

The Minister of Youth and Sports, who was in Morocco to lend his support to the team and cheer them to victory said the team recorded its best ever outing at the competition with their silver medal winning feat.

“Coming for this tournament, many Nigerians never gave the team a chance because of the way they prepared and their pessimism about the players in the Nigerian Professional Football League.

“But getting to the finals against all odds, the players proved many critics wrong about the standard of the NPFL which can only get better.”

The minister lamented the expulsion of Peter Eneji very early in the second half after his second yellow card which played a major role in the final outcome of the game played in a gutsy windy and wet weather.

“It was obvious that our boys were struggling with the weather which was made worse when they were reduced to 10 men.

“Many of them have not been exposed to such harsh weather conditions before while playing in the NPFL. Experiencing such extreme cold weather really hampered their output during the competition.”

However, Dalung enjoined Nigerians to see the team as a work in progress if the vision driving the current League Management Company running the Nigerian league can be sustained.

“The role of better preparation for a tournament cannot be over emphasized. Going by the way the Moroccans played against the Super Eagles, it was evident that they were ready for this and had prepared long enough.

“Our attention must now shift to better preparations for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“Mr. President has not minced words about his expectation for the World Cup. We are not going there as mere spectators but as contenders. We are going there to make a very bold statement.”

Dalung also praised the Confederation of African Football for raising the bar of the competition which has continued to showcase hidden and raw talents on the African continent.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Overseas offers pour in for CHAN Eagles stars Faleye, Kalu Orji, Gabriel
http://scorenigeria.com.ng/2018/02/06/o ... i-gabriel/
By admin - February 6, 2018, 12:35 pm343 0

The CHAN Eagles are already reaping the benefits of their heroics at this year’s CHAN in Morocco as no fewer than six of them are now considering overseas offers.

SCORENigeria investigations have shown that two top clubs are jostling for 19-year-old Sunday Faleye, who enjoyed to great games against Rwanda and Libya at the CHAN.

An elbow dislocation will rule him out of the semi-final and final of the tournament.

We further gathered that defender Kalu Orji could also be heading back to Europe after a short-lived spell in Albania last year as he is now processing his travel papers to Kazakhstan after he received a concrete offer from that country.

Striker Gabriel Okechukwu, who scored the winners in both the quarterfinal and semi-final has received a rash of offers from Russia, Norway and Switzerland with that of Moroccan giants Raja Casablanca already public knowledge.

Okechukwu Gabriel shoots for goal against Sudan in the semi-final
Eagles oldest player at CHAN, Rabiu Ali, has also been a target of a number of clubs in Asia.

This was the second appearance of the 37-year-old Kano Pillars midfielder at the tournament having also featured when Nigeria finished third four years ago in South Africa.

And even before CHAN, Stephen Eze and Eneji have reached an agreement with foreign clubs.

Giant central defender Eze has joined Bulgarian club Levski Plodiv, while nippy winger Eneji is expected at La Liga side Villarreal.

Eenji was scouted during last year’s WAFU Cup in Ghana, from where midfielder Afeez Aremu has since signed for IK Start of Norway.

Striker Kingsley Eduwo, who qualified Nigeria to 2018 CHAN, is already banging in the goals for new Tunisian club CS Sfaxien

Ibrahim Alhassan ‘Muazzam’ and Stephen Odey have since the CHAN qualifying playoffs against Benin last year moved to Austria Wien and FC Zurich, respectively.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
mystic wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
akamoke wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Fair point...

Una don come again.
Na you wey don come again...
Where I recommend make dem sack am..?

My example of Westerhof was simply to show the significance of performing well in the final game...

We're discussing criticism of Salisu here; then pronto - the issue of sack pops up...
Criticism of a coach translates to sack?
Na wa for you o...

Pardon me my good man. I clearly jumped on something that wasn't in your post. My apologies.