Well Done to Chan Eagles!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Well Done to Chan Eagles!!!!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Great effort but came up just short . The boys repped their country very well unlike those that have haven’t won anything in 30yrs or even qualified for Chan that are making noise.

Thank you to the boys and Coach Yusuf. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Well Done to Chan Eagles!!!!

Post by Eaglezbeak »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Great effort but came up just short . The boys repped their country very well unlike those that have haven’t won anything in 30yrs or even qualified for Chan that are making noise.

:clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Well done they tried. It is not easy forming a team with all of the massive turnover from the local league.

I was impressed with Eze the central defender.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Good job boys. Scary what they can do once the local league markedly improves. If not scrapped, then this tournament will become like AWCON to 9ja.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Great job didn’t expect them to reach the final......by all account the ref was compromised
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Flex Swift wrote:Great job didn’t expect them to reach the final......by all account the ref was compromised

i knew that chaka zulu looking slave boy was paid off
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

How come no one is not critising Yusuf Salisu for his poor game planning for FINALS?
afc##
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

chuks69 wrote:How come no one is not critising Yusuf Salisu for his poor game planning for FINALS?
SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, I'D SAY...

...because not every defeat means the coach has done a bad job. Please don't acquire the kneejerk reaction to seek the head of a coach after very poor outing.
Bell
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote:
chuks69 wrote:How come no one is not critising Yusuf Salisu for his poor game planning for FINALS?

...because not every defeat means the coach has done a bad job. Please don't acquire the kneejerk reaction to seek the head of a coach after very poor outing.
Bell
KPOM
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bell wrote:

Bell
KPOM
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

As ragtag and as badly coached and talentless as this team was it is the first locally based team to have made it to the finals of the competition. Think to yourself what would have happened if the NFF had taken the competition seriously ...........
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Are you kidding me? A man got to tje finals and lost to a better team and we should crucify him. Look at the quality of players on the field in comparison tto the Morrocans who also happen to be the host,this was a mis-match all day long.

Maybe he can do better , in fact yes he can, but let us celebrate him as well. The team has performed to the best of their ability, you cannot compare players from Naija league to the Morrocan league...that is where we need to start from.

Coaches are not employed to perform magic....any coach that gets a team to the final deserves some respect. Likewise the team. He has got two teams into the final...there is at least is some consistency in his performance.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Great effort but came up just short . The boys repped their country very well unlike those that have haven’t won anything in 30yrs or even qualified for Chan that are making noise.

I think they did well in general. Yes, we lost 4-0 to Morocco (the host), but also we were missing several players to injuries. In all, thanks to the team. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

jette1 wrote:
Flex Swift wrote:Great job didn’t expect them to reach the final......by all account the ref was compromised

i knew that chaka zulu looking slave boy was paid off
:shock: :shock: :shock: Hmm!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Well done Eagles.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16