WORLD CUP: ROHR TO INVITE 35 TO CAMP, AIMS FOR Q-FINAL

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
WORLD CUP: ROHR TO INVITE 35 TO CAMP, AIMS FOR Q-FINAL

Post by Obong »

http://aoifootball.com/2018/02/05/russi ... says-rohr/

Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr, has set a quarterfinal berth for Nigeria at the World Cup later this year in Russia, AOIFootball.com can report.
The Franco-German coach, who believes the country has all it takes to surpass her previous best of round of 16, admits both he and the NFF have been working round the clock to ensure the Super Eagles are fully ready before the Mundial.
“We have set a target to reach the quarterfinals of the World Cup and for this reason, we are taking only the best players who are fit and in good form. We have a good program going to Russia with series of friendly games that will put us in shape for the World Cup.
“I believe it’s not going to be an easy one but I’m confident that with the right preparations and logistics being put in place, the team will do well,” Rohr said.
The Eagles’ handler further revealed that he is looking to have close to 35 players for the World Cup camping out of which he would select the best 23 to represent the country.
“The idea is to have three players for every position in camp from where I would probably pick the best two each and three of the five goalkeepers for the World Cup in Russia,” Rohr stated.
He commended the NFF for the way they sorted out the players’ bonuses and allowances, adding that this will allow the team to concentrate on the game with the assurance that their money is safe.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WORLD CUP: ROHR TO INVITE 35 TO CAMP, AIMS FOR Q-FINAL

Post by wale1974 »

Agents Agents Agents :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

35 players for what? Is this supposed to be an open camp or what? I hope rohr hasn’t succumbed to pressure that befalled our previous local coaches. I ask again, do we really need 35 players to prepare for the upcoming World Cup? No for me except our coach is trying to integrate multiple newer players.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:35 players for what? Is this supposed to be an open camp or what? I hope rohr hasn’t succumbed to pressure that befalled our previous local coaches. I ask again, do we really need 35 players to prepare for the upcoming World Cup? No for me except our coach is trying to integrate multiple newer players.
Agents have used CE to get to Rohr, abi? :dream: :dream:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Robotnik
Egg
Egg

Post by Robotnik »

Rohr will not set any benchmark for himself or the team. Fake news
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I like this. He can monitor the players close up and see who to take. 3 players for every position.

RIGHT BACKS

Tyrone Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi
Nura Abdullahi

LEFT BACKS

Brian Idowu
Ola Aina
Elderson Echijele

CENTRE BACKS

Leon Balogun
William Troost Ekong
Chidozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Stephen Eze
???????????

MIDFIELDERS

Mikel
Alex Iwobi
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfried Ndidi
Etebo
John Ogu
Joel Obi
Mikel Agu
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

WINGERS

Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Isaac Success
Noah Bazee

STRIKERS

Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ideye Brown
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Obong wrote:http://aoifootball.com/2018/02/05/russi ... says-rohr/

Technical Adviser of the Super Eagles of Nigeria, Gernot Rohr, has set a quarterfinal berth for Nigeria at the World Cup later this year in Russia, AOIFootball.com can report.
The Franco-German coach, who believes the country has all it takes to surpass her previous best of round of 16, admits both he and the NFF have been working round the clock to ensure the Super Eagles are fully ready before the Mundial.
“We have set a target to reach the quarterfinals of the World Cup and for this reason, we are taking only the best players who are fit and in good form. We have a good program going to Russia with series of friendly games that will put us in shape for the World Cup.
“I believe it’s not going to be an easy one but I’m confident that with the right preparations and logistics being put in place, the team will do well,” Rohr said.
The Eagles’ handler further revealed that he is looking to have close to 35 players for the World Cup camping out of which he would select the best 23 to represent the country.
“The idea is to have three players for every position in camp from where I would probably pick the best two each and three of the five goalkeepers for the World Cup in Russia,” Rohr stated.
He commended the NFF for the way they sorted out the players’ bonuses and allowances, adding that this will allow the team to concentrate on the game with the assurance that their money is safe.
When and where did he said this??? Likely junk!

He once stated that the target is to get out from the group stage :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Reading carefully it's a reharsh of old news. All the writer has added is the piece on the 35 man squad and Rohr setting a quarter final target. Then he made those two pieces of info the focus of the article.... I guess in the absence of any news man must wack.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

john12 wrote:35 players for what? Is this supposed to be an open camp or what? I hope rohr hasn’t succumbed to pressure that befalled our previous local coaches. I ask again, do we really need 35 players to prepare for the upcoming World Cup? No for me except our coach is trying to integrate multiple newer players.
Agent John, which one of your clients did you get into the fold? :D
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

We have been known to "throw the camp open" to let everyone "fight for shirt" and invite 60 players 2 months b/4 the WC.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

cic old boy wrote:We have been known to "throw the camp open" to let everyone "fight for shirt" and invite 60 players 2 months b/4 the WC.
I don’t think Nigeria has fully recovered from that experience......... Ayo and co avocate for us to repeat the process all over again. With minds like that I understand why the military struck in 1966
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robotnik wrote:Rohr will not set any benchmark for himself or the team. Fake news
I am wondering as well. The question of 'expectation' have been raised several times before, but coach Rohr never answered them. Thus, why would he set such goal for himself/team now? I think the article is FAKE
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:
cic old boy wrote:We have been known to "throw the camp open" to let everyone "fight for shirt" and invite 60 players 2 months b/4 the WC.
I don’t think Nigeria has fully recovered from that experience......... Ayo and co avocate for us to repeat the process all over again. With minds like that I understand why the military struck in 1966
:lol: :lol: :lol: The military and 1966? Damn, this thing is more serious than I thought
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

35 makes sense cos 30 will go into the preliminary squad to be submitted to FIFA.
Squads
Each team must first name a preliminary squad of 30 players. From the preliminary squad, the team must name a final squad of 23 players (three of whom must be goalkeepers) by the FIFA deadline. Players in the final squad may be replaced due to serious injury up to 24 hours prior to kickoff of the team's first match, where the replacement players do not need to be in the preliminary squad.

For players named in the 30-player preliminary squad, there is a mandatory rest period between 21 and 27 May 2018, except for those involved in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final played on 26 May.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_FIFA_World_Cup
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

anointed wrote:35 makes sense cos 30 will go into the preliminary squad to be submitted to FIFA.
Squads
Each team must first name a preliminary squad of 30 players. From the preliminary squad, the team must name a final squad of 23 players (three of whom must be goalkeepers) by the FIFA deadline. Players in the final squad may be replaced due to serious injury up to 24 hours prior to kickoff of the team's first match, where the replacement players do not need to be in the preliminary squad.

For players named in the 30-player preliminary squad, there is a mandatory rest period between 21 and 27 May 2018, except for those involved in the 2018 UEFA Champions League Final played on 26 May.
this cannot be right - as per the mandatory rest period- Nigeria is playing DR congo 25th May- - so explain Mr Anointed
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Obong wrote:http://aoifootball.com/2018/02/05/russi ... says-rohr/

Rohr has flatly refused to set any target in the few interviews I have seen him give. So when did he give this interview with this target? I would be highly disappointed if his goal is not to win the whole thing. That does not mean we will, but we must not go to the tournament with a limited mentality.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

35 is just about right. Rohr’s real list is probably only about 28 players but he’ll probably call some young players and a few local players who have had a good season to give them encouragement and experience. Players like Alhassan and yahaya are likely to be called with an eye on the future. Great Plan.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
Agents have used CE to get to Rohr, abi? :dream: :dream:
Sleepless nights for John12 and Kongi :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

walesvilla wrote:
anointed wrote:35 makes sense cos 30 will go into the preliminary squad to be submitted to FIFA.
Squads

this cannot be right - as per the mandatory rest period- Nigeria is playing DR congo 25th May- - so explain Mr Anointed
Walesvilla,

Shouldn't it be NFF explaining why they fixed a match for that date, if they actually did or probably you to do the explanation if you were the one that did?

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/nigeria- ... 03eqvn6x64

http://dailypost.ng/2018/01/17/2018-wor ... -schedule/

So your turn to explain?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote:I like this. He can monitor the players close up and see who to take. 3 players for every position.

RIGHT BACKS

Tyrone Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi
Nura Abdullahi

LEFT BACKS

Brian Idowu
Ola Aina
Elderson Echijele

CENTRE BACKS

Leon Balogun
William Troost Ekong
Chidozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Stephen Eze
???????????

MIDFIELDERS

Mikel
Alex Iwobi
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfried Ndidi
Etebo
John Ogu
Joel Obi
Mikel Agu
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

WINGERS

Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Isaac Success
Noah Bazee

STRIKERS

Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ideye Brown
To be honest, I don't think the 35 man list will be that much different from Vancity. Btw, Vancity, are we going to the mundial with no Goal keepers? :biggrin:
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

highbury wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:I like this. He can monitor the players close up and see who to take. 3 players for every position.

RIGHT BACKS

Tyrone Ebuehi
Shehu Abdullahi
Nura Abdullahi

LEFT BACKS

Brian Idowu
Ola Aina
Elderson Echijele

CENTRE BACKS

Leon Balogun
William Troost Ekong
Chidozie Awaziem
Kenneth Omeruo
Stephen Eze
???????????

MIDFIELDERS

Mikel
Alex Iwobi
Ogenyi Onazi
Wilfried Ndidi
Etebo
John Ogu
Joel Obi
Mikel Agu
Azuibikwe Okechukwu

WINGERS

Victor Moses
Henry Onyekuru
Moses Simon
Ahmed Musa
Isaac Success
Noah Bazee

STRIKERS

Odion Ighalo
Kelechi Iheanacho
Ideye Brown
To be honest, I don't think the 35 man list will be that much different from Vancity. Btw, Vancity, are we going to the mundial with no Goal keepers? :biggrin:
GOALKEEPERS
Vincent Enyeama
Francis Uzoho
Daniel Akpeyi
Dele Alampasu
Maduka Okoye
*Ikechukwu Ezenwa (knee injury- likely out for some time)
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"