Ahmed MUSA with a brace.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ahmed MUSA with a brace.......

Post by vancity eagle »

Good for Musa, hopefully it continues.

The issue is not whether or not Musa deserves to be in Russia.

Some here with an agenda don't even want to give others, who are doing better than Musa this season, A CHANCE in a friendly, so we can see if there are others who are better than Musa.

We will never find out if we don't try will we?

Some enemies of progress do not even want us to contemplate looking elsewhere.

We know what we are getting with Musa. He is not an integral part to our team. I suggest in these next 2 friendlies we look at alternatives, also in order to prepare for possible injuries.

If the new players don't impress in A FRIENDLY we can take Musa. Musa will be in the final 35 man squad anyways so no need to look at him at this point.

If Musa deserves to he there, let him earn it, let him prove he is better than

Bonaventure
Olayinka
Success
Onyekuru (when healthy)

If Musa is good enough he will make the squad.

But why not give others a chance.

One thing I know for sure, is that every winger who has been given a decent run in SE, since Musa, has proven himself to be better than Musa and that includes

Victor Moses
Alex Iwobi
Moses Simon (from the so called backwater league)

I'm pretty sure the list will not end there if others are given a chance.
mystic
Egg
Egg

Post by mystic »

vancity eagle wrote:Good for Musa, hopefully it continues.

Some here with an agenda don't even want to give others, who are doing better than Musa this season, A CHANCE in a friendly, so we can see if there are others who are better than Musa.

We know what we are getting with Musa. He is not an integral part to our team. I suggest in these next 2 friendlies we look at alternatives, also in order to prepare for possible injuries.

If the new players don't impress in A FRIENDLY we can take Musa. Musa will be in the final 35 man squad anyways so no need to look at him at this point.

Bonaventure
Olayinka
Success
Onyekuru (when healthy)

One thing I know for sure, is that every winger who has been given a decent run in SE, since Musa, has proven himself to be better than Musa and that includes

Victor Moses
Alex Iwobi

Bonaventure hasn't been consistent enough and I don't think Olayinka is ready. I think that Onyekuru, Success and Bazee are the players that can push for a spot as Wing Forwards. However, they all have demerits (Onyekuru and Bazee - injuries; Success - fitness).

As for Musa, I am happy he's playing again, but he needs to be equally productive when the league starts.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Bonaventure
Olayinka
Success
Onyekuru (when healthy)

Victor Moses
Alex Iwobi

From my experience with the Nigerian setup, shinning in the friendly games as a new player does not necessary translate into performing well in the World Cup.
2002 World Cup- Ogbeche, Efe Sodje, Justice Christopher etc.
2010 World Cup- Lukman Haruna( A player you lobied for) etc.
2014 World Cup-Uchebo, Babatunde, Azeez etc
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Vancity eagles, like I said, before you suggest a replacement for a current player ask yourself if that replacement is better than the present ones. You want us to replace musa with players that are beneath his level? Isn’t that unintelligent? If your supposed replacement were an upgrade on musa I would understand but your replacement are downgrades. When neutrals are analyzing Nigeria qualities they judge by the 1) Calibre of players available 2) caliber of teams our players play for 3) how the supposed player re rated internationally. Ask yourself who the heck are peter olayinka 2) bazee 3) bonaventure are rated presently or even in the past. The likes of onyekuru is already a member of super eagles. To sum it up if you think musa is not good enough provide a better alternative most of your alternatives are not better than musa an these are judged by musa statistics/achievement
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Can you imagine the nonsense people spill on here? They don’t even learn from the past and would rather do the same thing over and over but expect a different result. Imagine a player getting an World Cup appearance just for 20 minutes of impressive friendly performance only for that same player to flop at the big stage. This incident has happened multiple times in the past but some people will rather us continue doing the same thing and expecting different results. Nonsense!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mystic wrote:

Bonaventure
Olayinka
Success
Onyekuru (when healthy)

Victor Moses
Alex Iwobi

Bonaventure hasn't been consistent enough and I don't think Olayinka is ready. I think that Onyekuru, Success and Bazee are the players that can push for a spot as Wing Forwards. However, they all have demerits (Onyekuru and Bazee - injuries; Success - fitness).

As for Musa, I am happy he's playing again, but he needs to be equally productive when the league starts.
I thought Bazee was back from injury?
Abi this is another one?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

An on-form Musa is good news for Nigeria's squad selection.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

I don’t understand the all the hate for Musa a player that has rep Nigeria at all levels ..... while these same people were loving a fuc7ing Sola Ameobi and didn’t make any fuss about his selection !!!!
Next
Egg
Egg

Post by Next »

The YeyeMan wrote:
niyi wrote:[/video]
What kind of game was this?

Was about asking too. Doesn't look like a league game.. Maybe a friendly?
TERRORISM is the WAR of the POOR while WAR is the TERRORISM of the RICH!

The Best Quotes For Me So Far: "I was born here but brought up as an African. When you reach adulthood you either feel African or you don't, and it's not worth playing if you don't have that feeling." Efan Ekoku
chuks69
Egg
Egg

Post by chuks69 »

Forget the level of Russian league.. lest be happy that Musa is getting game time, staying in tune with the added bonus of scoring goals, which is very good for his confidence... a lot of players (excluding the Russian team players) from Russian premier league would represent their countries at the World Cup later this year.. Why should our be different?
For me Musa is actually better than Gray, but perhaps Gray is English and passes slightly better..
afc##
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

highbury wrote:

Bonaventure
Olayinka
Success
Onyekuru (when healthy)

Victor Moses
Alex Iwobi

From my experience with the Nigerian setup, shinning in the friendly games as a new player does not necessary translate into performing well in the World Cup.
2002 World Cup- Ogbeche, Efe Sodje, Justice Christopher etc.
2010 World Cup- Lukman Haruna( A player you lobied for) etc.
2014 World Cup-Uchebo, Babatunde, Azeez etc
Abeg which friendly did Babatunde and Uchebo "shine" in ?

Lukman Haruna was a 20 year old in a midfield that consisted of Etuhu. Anybody would struggle.

And finally Azeez was played out of position by the genius Keshi.

So are u saying that we shouldn't look at anybody else and just take Musa. Is that really what you are saying because no team on earth operates in that fashion.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

mcal wrote:...may be this will teach others that the rush to the english league is not the answer to stardom and progress.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

john12 wrote:Vancity eagles, like I said, before you suggest a replacement for a current player ask yourself if that replacement is better than the present ones. You want us to replace musa with players that are beneath his level? Isn’t that unintelligent? If your supposed replacement were an upgrade on musa I would understand but your replacement are downgrades. When neutrals are analyzing Nigeria qualities they judge by the 1) Calibre of players available 2) caliber of teams our players play for 3) how the supposed player re rated internationally. Ask yourself who the heck are peter olayinka 2) bazee 3) bonaventure are rated presently or even in the past. The likes of onyekuru is already a member of super eagles. To sum it up if you think musa is not good enough provide a better alternative most of your alternatives are not better than musa an these are judged by musa statistics/achievement
Moses Simon by your standards is playing in a "backwater league" and by your delusional standard is "not an improvement" on Musa. However in his short period of time he has not only proven himself to me better than Musa, Rohr has also put him above in the depth chart because he is more productive.

Yes a player playing in backwater Belgium, who you would claim is not an upgrade on Musa, has proven in very little time HE IS IN FACT BETTER.

I am certain a healthy and fit Success, Onyekuru, and Bazee will also prove the same when given a chance.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Cellular wrote:
john12 wrote:But agents believe that we should drop our ex captain and present top scorer for some backwater league players just because he was blacklisted by some coaching England
Bros, you don hammer o.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Tbite wrote:I'm not a,fan of Musa but he was not Leicester u23 level, something shady was going on behind the scenes.
Bull crap...............Have u watched Musa played with Leicester city compared to Nacho and Ndidi?

Some players are just not built for Big Leagues period.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
Tbite wrote:I'm not a,fan of Musa but he was not Leicester u23 level, something shady was going on behind the scenes.
Bull crap...............Have u watched Musa played with Leicester city compared to Nacho and Ndidi?

Stop peddling lies, he played decently and hustled. He showed flashes of what he was capable of esp against Barcelona in preseason. You know you will at the least get energy and hustle out of Musa and in fact Nacho has had worse games than the ones Musa was having, games where he was low energy/workrate and didn't seem to really try. It was inexplicable that Musa couldn't even get minutes in cup games, and was clear it was not football-related which is probably why Rohr stuck by him.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Van city stop talking nonsense. Moses Simon is not an upgrade nor better than musa. What has Moses Simon achieved compared to musa for club or country? While Moses Simon is a decent player on his day but on musa day he is absolutely world class. Musa for me is a top class player and he has showed it for club and country. Use him properly and you will get the best of him. I’m not even a musa Shriner
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

john12 wrote:Van city stop talking nonsense. Moses Simon is not an upgrade nor better than musa. What has Moses Simon achieved compared to musa for club or country? While Moses Simon is a decent player on his day but on musa day he is absolutely world class. Musa for me is a top class player and he has showed it for club and country. Use him properly and you will get the best of him. I’m not even a musa Shriner
Hmmm, agent john, well he was benching him at country level :taunt:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

John is definitely on Musa's payroll, the energy with which the guy defends his boy is a sight to behold.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

niyi wrote:[/video]
Is this the game we were giving him kudos for?

I take back my kudos. Nonsense!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Tobi17 wrote:John is definitely on Musa's payroll, the energy with which the guy defends his boy is a sight to behold.
Best Agent on CE
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

Stop peddling lies, he played decently and hustled. He showed flashes of what he was capable of esp against Barcelona in preseason. You know you will at the least get energy and hustle out of Musa and in fact Nacho has had worse games than the ones Musa was having, games where he was low energy/workrate and didn't seem to really try. It was inexplicable that Musa couldn't even get minutes in cup games, and was clear it was not football-related which is probably why Rohr stuck by him.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wale1974 wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
wale1974 wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Well they didn't give him much of a chance during the real season, he can only perform when he's played.
Super Eagus 4 Life!