2018 World Cup kit designs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
2018 World Cup kit designs

Post by kalani JR »

Not officially confirmed but more than likely the real deal. Very different from what we usually see (especially the away) but I like that, and yes uncles they come in 3XL.

http://todosobrecamisetas.com/2018/02/n ... ts-leaked/
Igugu
Egg
Egg
Re: 2018 World Cup kit designs

Post by Igugu »

Why has our GREEN taken a new taint? What happened to the real GREEN?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Away design is on point, first one is iffy, need to see it live.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

maceo4 wrote:Away design is on point, first one is iffy, need to see it live.
Well what this proves is that they cannot win.

This is like a cross between the 94 and 96 Jerseys, which many CEs said that they liked.

I'm not saying I like it or not, but I don't think that CE will ever be happy with an SE jersey.

Especially since nobody is giving them the license to manoeuvre, people want the shade of green to be matched right down to the RGB, when I have even told people that there is a difference between colours of national representation and the flag! Sometimes national colours are NOT even from the flag.

There is a reason why many sports teams in Australia wear Green and Gold, and many sports teams in Netherlands wear orange. This is not some United Nations biometric application. You have some license of freedom.

I think both sides are to blame, the fans and the people delivering the jerseys.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Tbite wrote:

This is like a cross between the 94 and 96 Jerseys, which many CEs said that they liked.

I'm not saying I like it or not, but I don't think that CE will ever be happy with an SE jersey.

Especially since nobody is giving them the license to manoeuvre, people want the shade of green to be matched right down to the RGB, when I have even told people that there is a difference between colours of national representation and the flag! Sometimes national colours are NOT even from the flag.

There is a reason why many sports teams in Australia wear Green and Gold, and many sports teams in Netherlands wear orange. This is not some United Nations biometric application. You have some license of freedom.

I think both sides are to blame, the fans and the people delivering the jerseys.
Kpom! Awa pupil are not flexible. Left to them the SE should just grab the Nigerian flag, cut it to size and use it to sew their kit. There is only so much you can do with green, especially the shade of green on the national flag.

Having said that, I like both jerseys. The home one would be nice with solid black shorts or dark green shorts and white socks. The dark green away one would go well with solid white shorts and dark green socks, with green trim (not too obvious) on everything.

Wha choo looking at?!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

That is seriously the ugliest ish ive ever seen.

What happened to the jerseys we only used twice against Algeria and Argentina?

Those were on point.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tbite wrote:

But I personally don't like the 94 pajamas design and the first one reminds me of that. I'm guessing the folks that like that one will probably like the home kit, but its better than our previously boring designs.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

I like these. Bold and more unique than the generic stuff that Nigeria has worn more recently. This will be a signature gear associated easily with team when seen. That is what is needed = see gear and immediate think Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

What da feck? Uninspiring. Looks like tyre marks
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:I like these. Bold and more unique than the generic stuff that Nigeria has worn more recently. This will be a signature gear associated easily with team when seen. That is what is needed = see gear and immediate think Nigeria.
Prof. the design is horrendous!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

pajimoh wrote:What da feck? Uninspiring. Looks like tyre marks
Hate it too.
Its a lazy play on the 1994 Nike jersey

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

kalani JR wrote:Not officially confirmed but more than likely the real deal. Very different from what we usually see (especially the away) but I like that, and yes uncles they come in 3XL.

http://todosobrecamisetas.com/2018/02/n ... ts-leaked/
Ki leleyi :scared: .....looks like masquerade attire! This is an overkill. Just use our normal green. The concept looks good, but that shady green and black looks dodgy.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

The concept is good , one can see what they are trying to do, but the shady green color shortchanged the design. As for the second one...is that the training kit?

Mind you i will buy the second one as a casual t-shirt it is ok. But as jersey....just too bland,sorry..no character no message nothing ,just bland.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:I like these. Bold and more unique than the generic stuff that Nigeria has worn more recently. This will be a signature gear associated easily with team when seen. That is what is needed = see gear and immediate think Nigeria.
I agree with Prof, it is actually BETTER to have an iconic jersey than it is to even have a good jersey, and in football with so many teams in the world, the two are strangely enough not necessarily one and the same.

The Barca Jersey over the years is one of the worst I have ever seen, yet it is one of the most recognizable (at first glace). Even more than the Madrid white! It is not a bad thing to have a Jersey that is unmistakably Nigerian! Whatever that might be we should strive for it. I am not envious of teams with generic jerseys, however acceptable they may be.

Chelsea's blue for example.

Perhaps the Jersey above is lazy as Damunk has stated, but we should build around it. The last thing we need is an acceptable but generic jersey. We want every man, woman, dog and robot to know at first glance that it is Nigeria.

Going back to the Chelsea Blue or the Madrid White, one might argue for argument's sake that surely every man woman and dog do know that Chelsea is blue and Madrid is white, by virtue of their respective successes. But that is debatable. One does not see a blue Jersey and affirm that it must be Chelsea or a white jersey and affirm that it must be Madrid, one simply says that when one thinks of Madrid one thinks of white, the Bernebau among other things.

but when one sees Barcelona's Jersey, or the Argentinian Jersey....one will always think of the Catalans and the South Americans. You do not stop to think if it might be the German or French national sides as you would in the Chelsea and Madrid situation, you just know. And that is not just by virtue of success, but something from the Jersey itself.

There are Crystal Palaces and Basels, there may be Hertha Bscs and Malagas that might evoke such thoughts for the Argentinian and Barcelona examples, but that is few and far between!

They have Iconic jerseys in EVERY sense of the word, not simply by virtue of success. We should strive for the same!

We must not adorn generic jerseys, however acceptable they may be.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Tbite wrote:
Cellular wrote:
I agree with Prof, it is actually BETTER to have an iconic jersey than it is to even have a good jersey, and in football with so many teams in the world, the two are strangely enough not necessarily one and the same.

The Barca Jersey over the years is one of the worst I have ever seen, yet it is one of the most recognizable (at first glace). Even more than the Madrid white! It is not a bad thing to have a Jersey that is unmistakably Nigerian! Whatever that might be we should strive for it. I am not envious of teams with generic jerseys, however acceptable they may be.

Chelsea's blue for example.

Perhaps the Jersey above is lazy as Damunk has stated, but we should build around it. The last thing we need is an acceptable but generic jersey. We want every man, woman, dog and robot to know at first glance that it is Nigeria.

Going back to the Chelsea Blue or the Madrid White, one might argue for argument's sake that surely every man woman and dog do know that Chelsea is blue and Madrid is white, by virtue of their respective successes. But that is debatable. One does not see a blue Jersey and affirm that it must be Chelsea or a white jersey and affirm that it must be Madrid, one simply says that when one thinks of Madrid one thinks of white, the Bernebau among other things.

but when one sees Barcelona's Jersey, or the Argentinian Jersey....one will always think of the Catalans and the South Americans. You do not stop to think if it might be the German or French national sides as you would in the Chelsea and Madrid situation, you just know. And that is not just by virtue of success, but something from the Jersey itself.

There are Crystal Palaces and Basels, there may be Hertha Bscs and Malagas that might evoke such thoughts for the Argentinian and Barcelona examples, but that is few and far between!

They have Iconic jerseys in EVERY sense of the word, not simply by virtue of success. We should strive for the same!

We must not adorn generic jerseys, however acceptable they may be.
Iconically ugly. You can have a "must have" iconic jersey, known as CLASSIC. I don't think many people would be looking for this jersey years after the world cup
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Oga na you oh! :clap: :clap: My thoughts exactly. I have always wanted an iconic jersey for Nigeria like Argentina and Croatia have. Unique, one of a kind jersey that screams on sight: Na those people again oh! :mrgreen: Na dem oh! 8-)

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
Oga na you oh! :clap: :clap: My thoughts exactly. I have always wanted an iconic jersey for Nigeria like Argentina and Croatia have. Unique, one of a kind jersey that screams on sight: Na those people again oh! :mrgreen: Na dem oh! 8-)
There aren't too many national teams that have iconic jerseys.
I def agree on Croatia.
Brazil and Argentina too, though I'm not too sure there's much of a 'design' involved. Argentina's has only really become iconic becos of the popularity the likes of Maradona and Messi have brought to the brand. Otherwise it might not be as 'iconic' as we know it to be today.
Brazil is more about the unique colour combination.

I really don't know why these big brands can't involve Nigerian designers. We have them in abundance. There's almost always an element of culture in art, no matter how subtle. This chevron-inspired design might be their idea of 'African' art but for Nigeria, no be am.

But hey, we're speculating here. There's nothing to suggest these designs are authentic.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

I now truely believe some people do not know the difference between puke inducing ugly and decent football jersey.

That first one just capitalized the U in ugly. Kai!!!

The first hunting gear officially wins the ugliest jersey of our lifetime. :oops:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yuck!

Someone posted stores I could get the Jersey won in the Argentina friendly from. Can the person repost the stores names? I have searched for the thread and couldn't find it. That's the jersey I want to get.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
tmex12
Egg
Egg

Post by tmex12 »

Tbite wrote:

Argentina ever mess around with the shade of blue stripe? Brazil with the shade of yellow/green? This was the old Green Eagles! They should let it be - aint that hard.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is this the rabbish we’ve been waiting for? We’re alread down 2-0 to Croatia before pioom,Looks like they got it from a monitor lizard den. :boo:

We should just stick with a pure green and pure white jerseys with Nff logos. We ain’t good at this.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Damunk wrote:
pajimoh wrote:What da feck? Uninspiring. Looks like tyre marks
Hate it too.
Its a lazy play on the 1994 Nike jersey

That was the first thing that came to my mind.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

1naija wrote:Yuck!

Someone posted stores I could get the Jersey won in the Argentina friendly from. Can the person repost the stores names? I have searched for the thread and couldn't find it. That's the jersey I want to get.
Some people did not like the jersey. That jersey is the one I want too...
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger