Ray Wilkins - Conte is paying for Michael Emenalo’s mistakes

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ray Wilkins - Conte is paying for Michael Emenalo’s mistakes

Post by aruako1 »

Clearly some were jealous of Emenalo. Who signed most of the players that Conte utilised to win the league last year? Was it Emenalo who got rid of Costa? Was Emenalo there during the January transfer window?
In-trouble Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is paying for the mistakes former technical director Michael Emenalo made in the summer transfer window, believes Ray Wilkins.

Conte is said to be on the brink of the sack following back-to-back defeats against Bournemouth and Watford, with his side conceding seven goals over the two games.

The Blues are missing a number of key players through injury but they were played off the field by the Hornets as they beaten 4-1 at Vicarage Road on Monday night.

Wilkins described their performance as ‘inept’ and ‘abysmal’ but he believes Conte’s troubles are not of his own making.

Speculation over Conte’s future has continued ever since the summer, with reports claiming he was unhappy with the club’s transfer business and frustrated he was not consulted more about their new signings.

Asked why the Italian hasn’t been given more control in the transfer market, Wilkins said: “I don’t know. If you’re paying a man as much as Chelsea are paying Conte, his knowledge is far superior to someone like Michael Emenalo, who they brought in to do that job.

“The manager’s knowledge is far superior. He knows the players he wants to bring in.

“The squad is weaker this season than the one that won the league last year. No Diego Costa, no Nemanja Matic - it’s been a massive blow to Conte.”

Costa and Matic were both key members of Conte’s Premier League title-winning team, and both allowed to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer.

They were replaced by Spanish striker Alvaro Morata and French midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, who has struggled to settle at the club and was sent off just 30 minutes into the defeat to Watford on Monday.

Emenalo was supposedly the man behind those deals in the summer, before he ended his ten-year association with the club by resigning as their technical director in November.

Wilkins says 23-year-old Bakayoko, a £40million signing from Moanco, in particular is not ready for the Premier League and says many of Chelsea’s downfalls this season have been down to poor recruitment.

Asked by Alan Brazil if Conte is now paying for Emenalo’s mistakes in the market, the former Blues skipper added: “I believe so, yeah.

“I believe it was Michael who made the changes.

“To actually swap Matic with Bakayoko?

“They should have brought in Morata to play alongside Costa and they should have signed Bakayoko just to play every now and again.

“He is 23 years of age and he came in from the French league, which is a bit of a doddle.”

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/antonio- ... pxf3ZMs.99
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Ray Wilkins - Conte is paying for Michael Emenalo’s mist

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Useless article...Who didn't want Costa at club?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Conte is paying for putting himself above the players ala Mikel, Costa e.t.c ...
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Ray Wilkins must be a very sad, sad man indeed...seems to who long long grudges... :sad: :sad: :sad:
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

The alcohol has addled his brain.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

I read it and shook my head but then again it is Chelski. There is a reason they were broke before Roman took over.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

aruako1 wrote:Clearly some were jealous of Emenalo. Who signed most of the players that Conte utilised to win the league last year? Was it Emenalo who got rid of Costa? Was Emenalo there during the January transfer window?
In-trouble Chelsea manager Antonio Conte is paying for the mistakes former technical director Michael Emenalo made in the summer transfer window, believes Ray Wilkins.

Conte is said to be on the brink of the sack following back-to-back defeats against Bournemouth and Watford, with his side conceding seven goals over the two games.

The Blues are missing a number of key players through injury but they were played off the field by the Hornets as they beaten 4-1 at Vicarage Road on Monday night.

Wilkins described their performance as ‘inept’ and ‘abysmal’ but he believes Conte’s troubles are not of his own making.

Speculation over Conte’s future has continued ever since the summer, with reports claiming he was unhappy with the club’s transfer business and frustrated he was not consulted more about their new signings.

Asked why the Italian hasn’t been given more control in the transfer market, Wilkins said: “I don’t know. If you’re paying a man as much as Chelsea are paying Conte, his knowledge is far superior to someone like Michael Emenalo, who they brought in to do that job.

“The manager’s knowledge is far superior. He knows the players he wants to bring in.

“The squad is weaker this season than the one that won the league last year. No Diego Costa, no Nemanja Matic - it’s been a massive blow to Conte.”

Costa and Matic were both key members of Conte’s Premier League title-winning team, and both allowed to leave Stamford Bridge in the summer.

They were replaced by Spanish striker Alvaro Morata and French midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko, who has struggled to settle at the club and was sent off just 30 minutes into the defeat to Watford on Monday.

Emenalo was supposedly the man behind those deals in the summer, before he ended his ten-year association with the club by resigning as their technical director in November.

Wilkins says 23-year-old Bakayoko, a £40million signing from Moanco, in particular is not ready for the Premier League and says many of Chelsea’s downfalls this season have been down to poor recruitment.

Asked by Alan Brazil if Conte is now paying for Emenalo’s mistakes in the market, the former Blues skipper added: “I believe so, yeah.

“I believe it was Michael who made the changes.

“To actually swap Matic with Bakayoko?

“They should have brought in Morata to play alongside Costa and they should have signed Bakayoko just to play every now and again.

“He is 23 years of age and he came in from the French league, which is a bit of a doddle.”

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/antonio- ... pxf3ZMs.99
:lol: :lol: :lol:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Conte didn't want and couldn't handle Costa theatrics.

Moreover, chelski having to play in Champions league as well will wear them down.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

You guys need to understand where the pathetic Ray is coming from. Some guys in this life simply struggle to see an outsider come and succeed on turfs they have hitherto earmaked for themselves as personal privileges. You see as far as sad souls like this is concerned who is Emenalo?
In life you just learn to glance at fools like this and move on....life will be boring without them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

So sad that Ray Wilkins has turned into a quite an embittered soul. Cant believe he is still bearing grudges after all these years... unbelievable!
YNWA
guest83
Egg
Egg

Post by guest83 »

What kind BS is this

The man is an id*ot
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Emenalo wasn't given the credit for Conte winning the championship last season but he's at fault for their predicament this season - yep typical
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Eclipse
Egg
Egg

Post by Eclipse »

Ray Wilkins like Ian Wright does not like Nigerians. I remember before Nigeria Played England at Wembley in 1994, Ray Wilkins making some disparaging remarks about our team and this was after the world cup that year. We saw him outside the stadium on the night of the game (before kickoff) and we let him have it!!

I no go lie, we tek mouth yab de man...i suppose that set the tone going forward. :D :D :D

Ignore the sad old coot!! Emenalo don pick race as he saw the writing on the wall and still they trying to paint him in a bad light. He's upset emenalo left on his own terms and went somewhere progressive.

What is he doing?? Giving interviews crying into his empty pint glass. :taunt: :taunt:
only the super eagles of nigeria are capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory-total football magazine circa june 02'
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

This is not about pulling out the race card on a whim but Ray Wilkins has never had anything good to say about black people in football. I consider the man a racist. The team is doing poorly AFTER Emenalo left but of course, he'll choose to blame him.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

pajimoh wrote:Emenalo wasn't given the credit for Conte winning the championship last season but he's at fault for their predicament this season - yep typical
Welcome to the life of a black man in a white man's world. No credit when things go well, all the blame when the crap hits the fan.

Butch Wilkins has a drink problem to go with his boneheaded ignorance.
http://www.naijiant.com/
01bakana
Egg
Egg

Post by 01bakana »

The bloke is trying to stay relevant the only outdated way he knows how to. Let’s move on, nothing to see here
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

When I saw that on talksports, I couldn't believe my eyes. I thought conte wanted his players and the Costas of the world gone. That is going by his text. So how on earth is it Mike's fault? Sad man indeed that Wiliki is. :evil:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

I saw this headline yesterday, I didn't bother opening it.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

For those of us who lived in UK few years ago we know where Wilkins is coming from as the Police will say in that neck of the woods, "he has previous" Lol!! I didn't bother reading it once I knew it was him.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

pajimoh wrote:Emenalo wasn't given the credit for Conte winning the championship last season but he's at fault for their predicament this season - yep typical

Haha not surprising one bit. :lol:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Cellular wrote:Conte didn't want and couldn't handle Costa theatrics.

Moreover, chelski having to play in Champions league as well will wear them down.

Bros, this is not Chelsea's first trip to the CL. It is Conte that needs to go back to coaching school.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Sounds ridiculous. Didn't Conte have the power to object to the changes, and request Chelsea buy players he wanted?
Tunisian Gooner
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tunisian Gooner »

Chickens have come home to roost.

With Manchester clubs spending GDP of Bolivia even likes of Chelsea have to be more astute with their acquisitions. They had a nightmare summer window and now everyone at the club loking to hand a scapegoat over to Mr.Abramovich.

Chelsea football operation is a mess at the moment, power brokers at Chelsea can bury conte if they like, hire Enrique or Tuchel but it will change nothing if their football ops are not upgraded drastically in face of Man City and Man Utd spending prowess.
Detective Bunk Moreland

'The bigger the lie, the more they believe'