Onazi,Etebo ,J Obi or Ogu in MF?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Onazi,Etebo ,J Obi or Ogu in MF?

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Who do u think should join Mikel and Ndidi in mf?

This will be one of Rohr’s toughest pending decisions for the wc.

Onazi - Tough tackler that has wc experience. Breaks up play very well but is limited offensively.

Etebo - Does everything reasonably well. Doesn’t defend as well as the rest but brings speed, tenacity and the ability to take free kicks.

J Obi - Left footer, good going forward and can create.

Ogu - Big ,strong,steady mf that packs a deadly shot and is good at defending and attacking Aerial balls. Not the quickest but a very good passer that keeps it simple.

Very though to pick one over the other.. we also have Shehu, he’s playing his heart out in Turkey as a cm and getting ratings of over 7.5 consistently. Who u got?
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Onazi,Etebo ,J Obi or Ogu in MF?

Post by vancity eagle »

IMO Etebo is the man. Faster, better passer, better shooter than Onazi, Joel, Ogu.

Current form

1. Etebo
2. Joel
3. Onazi
4. Ogu
5. Agu
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:IMO Etebo is the man. Faster, better passer, better shooter than Onazi, Joel, Ogu.

Current form

1. Etebo
2. Joel
3. Onazi
4. Ogu
5. Agu
Not so simple. Ogu is by far the shooter, Obi reads the game better and Onazi defends the best.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who do u think should join Mikel and Ndidi in mf?

Onazi - Tough tackler that has wc experience. Breaks up play very well but is limited offensively.

Etebo - Does everything reasonably well. Doesn’t defend as well as the rest but brings speed, tenacity and the ability to take free kicks.

Ogu - Big ,strong,steady mf that packs a deadly shot and is good at defending and attacking Aerial balls. Not the quickest but a very good passer that keeps it simple.

Very though to pick one over the other.. we also have Shehu, he’s playing his heart out in Turkey as a cm and getting ratings of over 7.5 consistently. Who u got?
Won't take J. Obi. Not a fan.
Most important attribute a footballer or any team sports athlete can have is availability.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cellular wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Who do u think should join Mikel and Ndidi in mf?

Won't take J. Obi. Not a fan.
Most important attribute a footballer or any team sports athlete can have is availability.
He hasn’t had a reoccurrence of the nagging muscle injury that kep him out in the past. Latest injury was caused by an opponent who s codes to plant his boots on the man’s hip. Just because he’s had injury problems doesn’t meant he won’t break when you kick him. God willing he will be in camp.
OCCUPY NFF!!
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Onazi.

Obi/Ogu/Etebo are decent subs should the need arise. Defensively, our best bets are Ndidi and Onazi. Given Rohr's preference to use Ndidi as a CM, then its Onazi all the way.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ogu is the odd man out; I don't feel he is agile enough for the demands of mid-fielder given his built and body type. And it doesn't diminish what he brings either but this is world cup not Israeli league
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Ideally, it would be Etebo for me. He has the lungs to be a B2B midfielder, and is also a better offensive player than all the others on the list. However, we run the risk of having Ndidi facing 2-3 midfielders alone if Etebo doesn't come back.

Onazi has that spot on lock though barring some injury.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote:Ogu is the odd man out; I don't feel he is agile enough for the demands of mid-fielder given his built and body type. And it doesn't diminish what he brings either but this is world cup not Israeli league
When they start bombing our box with crosses you’ll wish Ogu was in there to defend us.
OCCUPY NFF!!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

metalalloy wrote:Ideally, it would be Etebo for me. He has the lungs to be a B2B midfielder, and is also a better offensive player than all the others on the list. However, we run the risk of having Ndidi facing 2-3 midfielders alone if Etebo doesn't come back.

Onazi was piss poor in the last series of friendlies. He had not been playing regularly for his club and it showed. He was fat and slow.

Unless he loses weight and improves his fitness, no way should he be starting over any of Etebo or Joel Obi.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
jette1 wrote:Ogu is the odd man out; I don't feel he is agile enough for the demands of mid-fielder given his built and body type. And it doesn't diminish what he brings either but this is world cup not Israeli league
When they start bombing our box with crosses you’ll wish Ogu was in there to defend us.
Did you not understand my point; Defend he definitely has no problems doing & he is built more for that.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

vancity eagle wrote:
metalalloy wrote:Ideally, it would be Etebo for me. He has the lungs to be a B2B midfielder, and is also a better offensive player than all the others on the list. However, we run the risk of having Ndidi facing 2-3 midfielders alone if Etebo doesn't come back.

Onazi was piss poor in the last series of friendlies. He had not been playing regularly for his club and it showed. He was fat and slow.

Unless he loses weight and improves his fitness, no way should he be starting over any of Etebo or Joel Obi.
You must have been piss drunk while watching yamtube. His is wat onazi did last week.
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I like to see Onazi lose some lbs.

Didn't like how he looked in the last friendly.

Also work on his passing.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

John ogu bulala collection. The guy rarely shoots but where does it's almost always on target. Dont think i've ever seen him killing birds.

[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
[/video]
OCCUPY NFF!!
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

What crime has Anderson Esiti committed?
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

vancity eagle wrote:

You must have been piss drunk while watching yamtube. His is wat onazi did last week.
[/video]
I saw nothing special in that video.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

bushboy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

[/video]
Not everyone is supposed to dance atilogwu, in fact even atilogwu dancers like Success don't dance atilogwu these days. :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

The YeyeMan wrote:
bushboy wrote:
vancity eagle wrote:

[/video]
Not everyone is supposed to dance atilogwu, in fact even atilogwu dancers like Success don't dance atilogwu these days. :D
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mikel supported by Onazi and Ndidi (first choice options)

Etebo (will be used if tactical game plan requires more offensive play)
Ogu (will be used if tactical game plan requires more power play)

J Obi (Utility player to be used if any of the above are injured during the game)
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Mr Shows wrote:Mikel supported by Onazi and Ndidi (first choice options)

J Obi (Utility player to be used if any of the above are injured during the game)

Don’t u think we need better ball retention in mf? It’s a tough choice but I guess Onazi gets the nod because he has also been there before.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Mr Shows wrote:Mikel supported by Onazi and Ndidi (first choice options)

Don’t u think we need better ball retention in mf? It’s a tough choice but I guess Onazi gets the nod because he has also been there before.
Onazi has WC experience and pretty much has the shirt on lock down..Mikel is the key, we tend to struggle to dominate the m/f and retain possession whenever he doesn't play.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

I guess one off Etebo, Ogu and Obi will have to pair Onazi until Ndidi returns in six weeks.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

bushboy wrote:What crime has Anderson Esiti committed?
red card candidate :biggrin: :biggrin: